Jump to content Jump to content

160+ hours and still disappointed.

You may ask "Why the hell have you played so much if you don't like it?"... that's the problem. When the game works I love it. But, now that I've had to delete my 3rd attempt at career mode. (The game just crashes when I try to load it) I'm just about done. This is really excellent proof as to why companies like Liberty media with the F1 license should never sell exclusive rights. If other companies were making competing titles this lazy ass approach to design, basically making the same game every year, would go away in a hurry. We see it with Madden, NHL, FIFA, and F1. Lack of competition breeds, well, laziness. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm just a simple software engineer, so probably have no clue what it take... oh wai. Yeah, I f*/*/*ng do, and I'm really worn out with this ****. Laser scan the tracks. Why are you so lazy? You know why the multiplayer/my team car only has one nose design. Because codies are lazy. Why take the time to give you that option when they can be busy designing liveries and helmets to sell you? Why actually improve on career mode, or at least make it work, when they can make some cut scenes and an unbelievable story and call it a 'Feature'? Why can't I skip Buxtons dumbass intro? IF you're going to leave Career mode so broken that I constantly have to restart then it would at least be nice to skip that BS. Also, Want another example of lazy design? Why is there a 'Car Reveal' in Driver career mode? The liveries never change? Because they're too lazy to code it out of player mode when it's in the Myteam mode. That's why. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy... Like I said. The same game every year with what would be maybe a $25 DLC in annual updates. But I love F1 so I keep buying it like a sucker. I guess I'm just mad at myself at this point. 

Edited by tdriscoll97
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Totally agree to lazy to put in a simple switch to turn off driver moves that some dip stick took out of F1 2020 why ? they cant even answer a simple request or question Why ?

I have bought every F1 game made but this is my last until they listen to the customers give us a better Career mode and My Team mode stuff the other rubbish that lasts 1 min and cant be replayed a 1 way story that can not divert at all who cares stop wasting time on what does not matter and get to the real game F1 dip sticks.

I honestly think but don't know that a different team worked on F1 2021 because it is to bad for words Cant be the same team of computer EXPERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

Play any Codemasters F1 game from the last three or four years and you see how lazy they are. Everything is recycled: visuals, voice lines, cut scenes. 

Rinse and repeat and slap a high price tag on it.

This is why we have the same bugs EVERY YEAR - they don't ever code them out - they just keep them. 

This year's game is atrocious. 

• Agree 1

Disappointed too after more than 200h. I made many mods, i worked a lot to give a maximum of chance to F1 2021 but, there is still some points which are so frustrating for me, especially vs F1 2020.  For example : the rain ... i reinstalled this week F1 2020 ... and omg, the difference. The wet tracks with F1 2021 are just ... dirty, unrealistic and sade. I feel having loosing details too vs F1 2020. We loose the possibility to parameters weathers in details for a race, the "new" damage modelisation is just a fake, less tracks, the new focus driver statistic is broken, sound bugs,  ...  And the AI. Some good points, but still same behavior than by the past, unable to avoid cars stop middle of the track, stupid pit stop for nothing in lastest lap ... I don't speak about the balance of the AI for some tracks with unrealistic performance on some corners, or with lower grip, or at start with cold tyres ... 

I still hesitate to come back to F1 2020 which is better especially with some mods, until a real update on F1 2021.  I have such a feeling that I have less with F1 2021 than with F1 2020 ... 😞

Edited by La Poubelle

This is not a rare situation. Look at the madden community , NBA community , mlb community etc they all complaining about copy and paste,same bugs plus new ones every year etc . Not defending this game by the way it is not in a acceptable state literary every mode has issues ranging from minor ones to mode breaking ones . Unfortunately I got it as a gift on the store so I'm stuck with it but in its current state it definitely not worth the price  tag and the testing teams should be ashamed to have let so many glaring errors get through. Comes to a point were you have to question there quality control standards because either this wasn't tested or they just did a xxxx poor job .... But sadly this is the state of yearly franchise games just released broken few months of patches which usually fix few things but also break more then just gets left and move on to the next one and cycle repeat itself.....

A great deal of the problems listed here are a byproduct of an annual release model and the constraints it puts on resources and development cycles. I would blame the business model first and the lack of competition second.

Hopefully Codemasters beefs up their production with EA's backbone – better QA and testing, better data analytics, smoother in-house management between development teams and even more personnel on cosmetic assets. That, or a shift to a different model with some form of game as a service instead of this yearly iteration of the franchise.

30 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Comes to a point were you have to question there quality control standards because either this wasn't tested or they just did a xxxx poor job 

They had the largest beta ever this year, yet here we are....

(with the bonus of bugs that have been in the game since 2018).

Edited by TomAAA

Well then that pretty much says it all really doesn't it . Agree with @marioho that they on a deadline from people higher up so they have to take a chunk of the blame. But still it comes down to what you expect from a product especially when it 60 pound plus and fact is this is a mess at launch and still a mess over a month later . Time to invest better quality control and better testers teams because as stated some of these bugs are still from 18 which is ridiculous.... And as stated every mode in this game has serious issues and then the added annoyance that modes have been cut and replaced with a far inferior one ...... 

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, RLLL said:

Isnt F1 2021 just the 7th iteration of F1 2015 on Ego 4.0?

Yes it is - as F1 is all about competition- the license may  should go to two companies/ so customers could make their choice ….

Stuff all that how can Bottas be leading the championship by 25 points 1st Season of My Team half way through Mercedes Sack him doesn't go to a different Team Swartzman or what ever his name is beats bloody Hamilton every Race from then on what a Load of **** give us the switch to TURN OFF THE DRIVER MOVES NOW.