Jump to content Jump to content

AI Downforce and Practice Programmes issues


Recommended Posts

Doing a MyTeam session at Japan currently. The Race Strategy Programme delta says I am 5-8 tenths (varies by lap) down just through the first sector alone, My car has unbelievable amounts of understeer and I'm running 11-6 wings (previously 10-5) to try and get better turn in for the S section but the car still understeers and I lose a lot of time. Yet the AI seem to fly through this section of track easily with no issues. Is this because of how I've developed my car, my setup or the AI having OP downforce levels at high speed corners like Zandvoort, Japan and USA etc etc ? Any feedback is appreciated 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BarcaMascot said:

Doing a MyTeam session at Japan currently. The Race Strategy Programme delta says I am 5-8 tenths (varies by lap) down just through the first sector alone, My car has unbelievable amounts of understeer and I'm running 11-6 wings (previously 10-5) to try and get better turn in for the S section but the car still understeers and I lose a lot of time. Yet the AI seem to fly through this section of track easily with no issues. Is this because of how I've developed my car, my setup or the AI having OP downforce levels at high speed corners like Zandvoort, Japan and USA etc etc ? Any feedback is appreciated 👍

Post a short video if you can so we can take a look. It is a tough section on this years game as you have to be very careful on the curbs, but i love it!

its similar to silverstone for me, i lose 3 tenth to the ai every lap going through maggotts and becketts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jobling1983 said:

Post a short video if you can so we can take a look. It is a tough section on this years game as you have to be very careful on the curbs, but i love it!

its similar to silverstone for me, i lose 3 tenth to the ai every lap going through maggotts and becketts.

I've just went into quali but I could do a side by side comparison of me and an AI similar to my cars performance level if that helps ? I'll run 6-11 wings as well 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an issue of the AI being unreasonably fast through some corners and Codemasters is looking into it. Regarding your setup, though, 11-6 produces more downforce (and drag) than 10-5, but will hardly have an impact on your handling balance (tendency to understeer vs tendency to oversteer) as the aero center of pressure could just as well be the same across the two configurations.

Have you tried 11-5 | 11-4 as alternatives? The former will give you more downforce than your base 10-5 and will shift the balance to forwards, lessening the understeer, while 11-4 will most likely give you the same overall downforce as your base setup but still shifting the balance towards the front axle.

Edited by marioho
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, marioho said:

There's an issue of the AI being unreasonably fast through some corners and Codemasters is looking into it. Regarding your setup, though, 11-6 produces more downforce (and drag) than 10-5, but will hardly have an impact on your handling balance (tendency to understeer vs tendency to oversteer) as the aero center of pressure could just as well be the same across the two configurations.

Have you tried 11-5 | 11-4 as alternatives? The former will give you more downforce than your base 10-5 and will shift the balance to forwards, lessening the understeer, while 10-4 will most likely give you the same overall downforce as your base setup but still shifting the balance towards the front axle.

I'll give it a try next time I'm doing Japan, ty for the setup help too

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

Post a short video if you can so we can take a look. It is a tough section on this years game as you have to be very careful on the curbs, but i love it!

its similar to silverstone for me, i lose 3 tenth to the ai every lap going through maggotts and becketts.

My car and Alpha Tauri are bang on equal on the performance chart 
Alpha Tauri S1 ( 31.024)    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/sv5scuderia/video/142503061
My own S1 ( 32.016)  https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/sv5scuderia/video/142503189      

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, marioho said:

There's an issue of the AI being unreasonably fast through some corners and Codemasters is looking into it. Regarding your setup, though, 11-6 produces more downforce (and drag) than 10-5, but will hardly have an impact on your handling balance (tendency to understeer vs tendency to oversteer) as the aero center of pressure could just as well be the same across the two configurations.

Have you tried 11-5 | 11-4 as alternatives? The former will give you more downforce than your base 10-5 and will shift the balance to forwards, lessening the understeer, while 10-4 will most likely give you the same overall downforce as your base setup but still shifting the balance towards the front axle.

I nominate you to be the new in game setup help that hopefully CM implements 😁. I read a lot of your post about it and you have made a guy who just copied other peoples setups actually understand (a little) what each change is doing. Thanks and appreciate it.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...