Jump to content Jump to content

Post Race Penalty after game crash

• A detailed description of the issue:

After completing a 5 lap race, I got a game crash. The moment the game notices the disconnect, I get a 5 second time penalty for ignoring yellow flags. 

• Report Code - not available
  • Platform?

PC

• Game-mode?

Online social play - would probably work in ranked aswell

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

At least 15 people. Some may have been there as spectators as well.

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

No

• [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.

Posted in the file

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

No fixes I can do myself.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

This is the view of a mate of mine spectating after he crashed out. I am in P4 with no penalties, until the 5 seconds get awarded
F1 2021 - Post race penalty - YouTube

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

- Play an online lobby (e.g. 5 lap races)
- Have a game crash after completing a race in an online lobby. (Dont know if Alt + F4 or normally disconnecting works as well) - note that the game crashes are quite frequently since patch 1.07
- The game gives a 5 second time penalty for ignoring yellow flags as soon as the game recognizes the disconnect

Similarities of the crashes:

The crashes mostly happened when I was in or near the pitlane during qualifying in multiplayer.
But the game just closed itself without triggering the ego dumper, so it took long to get the crash dump.

The crash dump i attached happened during qualifying in Portimao.
I streamed this session on twitch, where I had two crashes before I restarted my PC.

Crash one happened at 4:55 - the crash dump i attached to this post contains the report for this one
Crash two happened at 8:55

I dont know if this plays a role but I add this information

Usually when the game stops working, the force feedback of my wheel pulls to the right with medium force.
This was something that also happened in previous games, so I think the crash procedure is the same. If there is a fix for it, it may applies to those games aswell.

I hope the information helps to get to the root of the problem. If you need more I'm happy to provide them.

DxDiag.txt

DxDiag.txt

crash_dump#807588-20210913-202245-0.zip

Edited by Monstahonk
Moderator demanded extra information on the issue
8 hours ago, Monstahonk said:
  • A detailed description of the issue:

After completing a 5 lap race, I got a game crash. The moment the game notices the disconnect, I get a 5 second time penalty for ignoring yellow flags. 

• Report Code - not available
  • Platform?

PC

• Game-mode?

Online social play - would probably work in ranked aswell

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

At least 15 people. Some may have been there as spectators as well.

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

No

• [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.

Posted in the file

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

No fixes I can do myself.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

This is the view of a mate of mine spectating after he crashed out. I am in P4 with no penalties, until the 5 seconds get awarded
F1 2021 - Post race penalty - YouTube

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

- Play an online lobby (e.g. 5 lap races)
- Have a game crash after completing a race in an online lobby. (Dont know if Alt + F4 or normally disconnecting works as well) - note that the game crashes are quite frequently since patch 1.07
- The game gives a 5 second time penalty for ignoring yellow flags as soon as the game recognizes the disconnect

DxDiag.txt 122.35 kB · 0 downloads

We need to get to the issue of the game crash. Please edit your original post to explain when the crashes occur. Please add a crash dump the instructions are in basic troubleshooting

F1® 2021 | FAQ's - Support - Codemasters Community