Jump to content Jump to content

Is this realistic?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ClearFrigidTitanPJSalt-gLamAaj741wrZgwG - Clip from our first league race in this game. (very stable setup)

I was half on the throttle an slided at a speed of 50-100km/h to the left. My rear was stable as i accelerated.

Shouldnt it at least be possible to catch the car while sliding?

Or do the curbs work like the bananas in Mario Kart in this game?

It hard to drive at the limits when you can't predict such things to happen.

@David Greco

Edited by shion13
  • Agree 1

Yup, you have to be super careful with that curb. The car is still rotating and you had one wheel on the curb while the other was on the tarmac, so you have two different levels of traction. Note that without force feedback is very difficult to recover from that situation since you will notice that you are losing the car too late. By the way from the telemetry I can see that you push the throttle more in the very moment you start sliding, maybe if you reduced the throttle instead of increasing it you wouldn't have lost the car in that way

• Agree 1
22 minutes ago, shion13 said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ClearFrigidTitanPJSalt-gLamAaj741wrZgwG - Clip from our first league race in this game. (very stable setup)

I was half on the throttle an slided at a speed of 50-100km/h to the left. My rear was stable as i accelerated.

@David Greco

Looks like you accelerated too aggressively while on the curb and you lost traction. Makes sense to me.

7 minutes ago, shion13 said:

so you all think this is realistic and would happen like that in reallife?^^

Who knows 🤷🏼‍♂️ But you applied too much throttle with 2 wheels on the curb. so it makes sense that there would be a loss of traction.

What others have said, mate. Hard to say when we're not in there, but if you could flashback to it a different approach could have led to a different outcome.

Quick rundown of how to catch oversteer:

You should also pay attention to your wheel alignment, but no need to go further in there now.

1318842855_Screenshot2021-08-26115933.thumb.png.3cfdeb041f7d54a1ae52458e5f8e4ca1.png

Things don't go so well when you put your rear right wheel – RRW on the kerbing:

1320064777_Screenshot2021-08-26120220.thumb.png.8aed41b00488918a208ecb54eaa87843.png

After not having much progress with only the countersteering, your next step was to completely let go of the throttle, inducing lift-off oversteer to your already spinning car. Whenever you're applying some degree of throttle, the load of the car sits proportionately on the rear end, giving more grip to your rear tyres. When you completely lift, the load abruptly shifts forwards, making the rear too light and sapping a lot of the grip it had.

image.thumb.png.c525406a59bb906e600fccf22a555518.png

Again, we were not there. Based on the replay only it seems plausible and you would probably have better chances of catching it if you modulated your throttle along with the countersteering. Modulating by easing it off a little (not completely!) the moment you put your tyre in the kerb and felt the wheel spin.

Short shifting could also have helped. You were already in 3rd, but the issue here you were probably exploiting the full grip you had when on the tarmac already: that level of throttle + 3rd gear was ok for both rear wheels on grippy tarmac, but greatly exceeded your decreased total grip for having your RRW on the kerb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
11 hours ago, shion13 said:

@David Greco

Yes. realistic. Looks like you missed the apex a little, and that exit curb was slippery last year too. Looks like you could of saved it by using less throttle once you missed the apex. 

Edited by ChicagoSeminole
17 hours ago, shion13 said:

@David Greco

I’m curious what your on throttle diff setting was.  I am suspicious that a very open diff will cause more traction issues when one where is on a curb.