Jump to content Jump to content

Barry, Codies, whoever has nerve to answer

Why is this game so broken?  Why is the AI so unbalanced at tracks it was good at last year. Ican even race at netherlands due to how horrible the AI is.  At least the Nascar heat series had consistent AI difficulty.  Did you guys have 30 people working on braking point while 1 worked on everything else?  Before you get angry or something, me as the consumer, has EVERY RIGHT to be ******, and even more so when you won't even aknowledge it's being fixed.  You literally gave us a 70% completed game..  reminds me of the WWE 2K20 debacle.    Answers guys, answers..  you have ALOT of mad consumers...  

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
50 minutes ago, Sparticus_19 said:

At least the Nascar heat series had consistent AI difficulty. 

I'm playing Heat 5 every day, can't do without my daily fix of bump drafting. Tonight I'll have the 200th race at Fort Worth.

30 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

I not afraid to answer this, it is with the developers now. As seen in the link to the thread I have provided below. Do I get something for having the nerve to answer your question?????????

AI ridiculously fast in high speed corners - Report an Issue - Codemasters Community

A pat on the back. But point takeaway for the sarcasm.  Why was the game released with the AI like this? it's a step back.    And no need for sarcasm...  if you know the game has these problems then you don't get all sarcastic about it. Ridiculous.

@Sparticus_19

I was just trying to lighten your mood, sorry upset you but CM is aware of the AI and clearly stated the the developers are looking into it. This happens ever year with the f1 series. CM will continue to make corrections/fixes as time goes on. I have seen this every year that they have produced this series. As I am a online player, I never play single player so the AI does not bother me. I am 100% sure CM is going to work on this and get it more balanced in the near future. Hang tight!

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
2 hours ago, Sparticus_19 said:

Why is this game so broken?  Why is the AI so unbalanced at tracks it was good at last year. Ican even race at netherlands due to how horrible the AI is.  At least the Nascar heat series had consistent AI difficulty.  Did you guys have 30 people working on braking point while 1 worked on everything else?  Before you get angry or something, me as the consumer, has EVERY RIGHT to be ******, and even more so when you won't even aknowledge it's being fixed.  You literally gave us a 70% completed game..  reminds me of the WWE 2K20 debacle.    Answers guys, answers..  you have ALOT of mad consumers...  

Unbalanced AI??? In 2020 it was unbalanced,i needed a setting for every track with mid value 90

This year it is pretty solid, just 3 to 4 tracks i need to lower or increase AI 

Sorry for answering as i am not a mad customer, i like it pretty much this year (not speaking about Story Mode or online,just driver carreer)

• Agree 7

@Sparticus_19 feels odd you reproving @Getts0388 for being ironic all the while dropping sarcastic bits like "did you guys have 30 people working on braking point while 1 worked on everything else?" on your post.

Anyway, genuine question: do you want to understand what apparently went wrong and what is being made to improve on the matter of the AI or just a "fix it, prompto. When is it going to be fixed?"

No issues either way. Two different concerns and both equally valid as paying costumers. It's just that this is an open thread in an open forum, so a clearer laying out of your intent for the discussion would help other users judge if it's worth chiming in and what is worth saying.

AI is a topic I personally enjoy a lot. AI in every shape and form, from machine learning and human interactions to, well, racing games. I just got a feel that you are not really curious about it and felt bummed over the way you reproached Getts0388.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, Getts0388 said:

@Sparticus_19

I was just trying to lighten your mood, sorry upset you but CM is aware of the AI and clearly stated the the developers are looking into it. This happens ever year with the f1 series. CM will continue to make corrections/fixes as time goes on. I have seen this every year that they have produced this series. As I am a online player, I never play single player so the AI does not bother me. I am 100% sure CM is going to work on this and get it more balanced in the near future. Hang tight!

The near future you mean 2022 . I can't even play the game threw it crashing my console . Tried playing threw breaking point . And the last chapter has gone . Once finish the last race it just takes is back to home screen . I'm sure I read it was 17  chapters not 16  . But regardless off that I still can't play the game any ways with it crashiing my console . . And the last time It crashed . I noticed the fan wasent blowing any hot air out . So there the problem for console crashing . I didn't play the game much before last patch . But never had an issue till it installed that 10gb update . As a player . Who fell out of love with the game last year . After buying every game on release . Got bored with last year's game . And didn't even complete a season in it . After waiting a bit after release . On this game . And with the breaking point . Been added . I could get into it again . Was enjoying the breaking point story . Bit that's broke now . Not inless I'm wrong and it's only got 16  chapters . But yeah well done codies . For putting is off your game once again .I'm taking it in to trade for something else before the price drops too much . No point keeping an game that can't play . And no confirmation . What so ever when the series bug will be fixed . I've played codies games long enough to know . Once the have your money the Don give a damn . I'll not make this mistake again 

On 8/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, Getts0388 said:

@Sparticus_19

As a offline player I have no issues with all the online issues.  😁

my tongue is firmly in my cheek.  

• Haha 1

@faldon3005 and is Lee Mather the one who personally writes the lines of codes of our patches and updates?

Sorry, I get it and that pic was of bad taste (public social media account) and wouldn't get a PR seal of approval anywhere in the world given the current circumstances. But that has nothing to do with Codemasters' ability to carry on with their post-production work. Lee Mather is the Franchise Game Director. For F1 2021 we also have the following roles below him:

• Game Director
  • Technical Director
  • Tons of producers
  • Senior Game Designers
  • Tons of principal and senior programmers

I personally didn't like he posting that pic on his public social media account. But that has hardly anything to do with the patches and updates pipeline. 

11 minutes ago, faldon3005 said:

The creative mind responsible for the game was at the beach this weekend. So don’t worry abou any patch coming up to fix the bugs…

It is a public holiday in the UK today. Although not the sort of weather that really suits going to a beach!

8 minutes ago, marioho said:

Sorry, I get it and that pic was of bad taste (public social media account) and wouldn't get a PR seal of approval anywhere in the world given the current circumstances.

I personally didn't like he posting that pic on his public social media account. But that has hardly anything to do with the patches and updates pipeline. 

What pic did he post? given the slow rollout of patches I may as well enjoy the goss. 

Edited by KNT2011
On 8/26/2021 at 5:43 PM, CptBalloonhands said:

Suggestion:

Can we just make one thread that is "b*tch about F1 2021 here" so the forum doesn't get clogged up with posts like these?

Suggestion:

1. Don't read them if it doesn't concern you. 

2. Codies could release a game that was actually a finished product without this vast number of issues.  No issues = no complaints.  

If we had a game without a massive number of issues these threads will disappear.  Until then maybe don't read them since you seem to be so bothered by people raising their issues with this shady release of a game.   These issues all deserve their own threads so they can be discussed and troubleshooted and have attention raised to them.   Until then; expect to see more and more of this because it's all justified criticism.

And please; spare us another lecture on game development.  It's not relevant to anyone who has spent their hard earned cash on this game and can't play it due to the vast number of issues being experienced.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
8 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Maybe when we have a game without a massive number of issues; sure.  Until then maybe don't read them since you seem to be so bothered by people raising their issues with this shady release of a game.   These issues all deserve their own threads so they can be discussed and troubleshooted and have attention raised to them.   If you're frustrated by reading it again it's a simple fix that's two fold IMO.  1. Don't read them if it doesn't concern you.  2. Codies could release a game that was actually a finished product without this vast number of issues.  No issues = no complaints.   And please; spare us the lecture on game development.  It's not relevant to anyone who has spent their hard earned cash on this game and can't play it due to the vast number of issues being experienced.

You missed the point. You could do something productive and post the bugs you encounter in the bug reports section instead of opening pointless threads simply complaining about the game.

Threads like these don't accomplish anything, if you'd like to vent sure... but that could be done in a single "come here to rant about F1 2021" thread. Most of the posts are identical anyway.

Also, whenever I post something about development processes it is to offer a unique perspective that most of you here do not have, and with Codemaster's silent treatment and failing to offer any insight in their bug fixing process I thought it could be helpful to share some insight and help people understand. It's not to lecture anyone or to excuse the state the game is in. Do you think I like playing a broken F1 game? I don't even work for Codemasters. Maybe follow your own advice and don't read my posts if you are bothered by them 🙂

Edited by CptBalloonhands
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 4
2 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

You missed the point. You could do something productive and post the bugs you encounter in the bug reports section instead of opening pointless threads simply complaining about the game.

Threads like these don't accomplish anything, if you'd like to vent sure... but that could be done in a single "come here to rant about F1 2021" thread. Most of the posts are identical anyway.

Also, whenever I post something about development processes it is to offer a unique perspective that most of you here do not have, and with Codemaster's silent treatment and failing to offer any insight in their bug fixing process I thought it could be helpful to share some insight and help people understand. It's not to lecture anyone or to excuse the state the game is in. Do you think I like playing a broken F1 game? I don't even work for Codemasters. Maybe follow your own advice and don't read my posts if you are bothered by them 🙂

Been there; done that.  Most of these issues are already reported in the bug thread and yet here we still are.  

These threads accomplish alot actually; you just aren't interested in it so you are unwilling to see that.  Again, simple solution for you... don't read them.  If you're happy with the game why are you hear reading comments from those who aren't happy with it's current state?  What's the point in that?

Again, your unique perspective means nothing to those of us who have paid for a game we can't play and enjoy due to the many issues effecting it.  It's irrelevant to me; it's not my job.  My job in this process is to give my money in exchange for a working product.  I don't care how they make it, how long it takes etc. etc.  As the saying goes... Not my circus; not my monkey's.  That process should have been completed by the folks in charge of that task BEFORE releasing the game for sale.

If you don't want to hear or see it, just don't read it... but why make it worse by commenting in the thread to voice an opinion essentially telling others to stop complaining or consolidate it to one thread so it's not as visible.  I mean...  who needs to take their own advice here; seriously?  If you don't like the topic, don't read it and don't comment on it.  Nothing personal, but I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining about the legitimate issues this game has.  The whole point of these forms is for people to discuss this game, if you are tired of seeing people complaining about the issues; look to the people who created the issues and have the ability to fix them.  Don't be asking for the complaining paying customers to be silenced or lumped into one thread where potentially nobody see's the problems.  These problems with the game deserve all the attention they can get so that they can be addressed and fixed. 

To be clear; you're the one commenting in a thread complaining about the quality of the game only to complain about the content of the thread.  Your post isn't even relevant to the content of the thread itself.  If these issues didn't exist in the first place; we wouldn't be having this discussion because we'd all be out trying to run 2 laps behind a safety car in the rain for half points.  😄  However; that being said I would totally support your efforts to silence the eventual thread that may come detailing a complaint that it's not possible to replicate the results of Spa 2021.  I'd fully support the efforts to shut that topic down.  😄 

• Agree 4
29 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Suggestion:

1. Don't read them if it doesn't concern you. 

[...]

And please; spare us another lecture on game development.  It's not relevant to anyone who has spent their hard earned cash on this game and can't play it due to the vast number of issues being experienced.

Bewildering logic.

I like quality content wherever I find it. If this forum became nothing but a long tiring twitter thread #refundf12021 I'd close this tab more often that I do. I find it positive to the community and the longevity of the franchise that you get a space to report your issues with the came and vent off, and even more edifying that users like @CptBalloonhands spare some time to share their valuable insight. 

Please, at least be coherent. You can easily gloss over content that doesn't ring your bells.

Eddit: A channel to write down exclusively about your frustration without getting "lectures" in return: custservice@codemasters.com 

Edited by marioho
  • Like 4
  • Disagree 1
5 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Again, your unique perspective means nothing to those of us who have paid for a game we can't play and enjoy due to the many issues effecting it.  It's irrelevant to me;

But interesting and enlightening to many of the rest of us. I would politely suggest you follow your own advice of not reading things that don't interest you.

The game situation monumentally sucks for you and I'd be pushing for at least a partial refund in your position. Your experience is a minority one though so don't expect everyone to feel or act the same.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
On 8/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, Sparticus_19 said:

I think 70% is very generous tbh.

They basically gave us last years game, with less stuff, and more imbalance.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:07 PM, svensenk86 said:

Unbalanced AI??? In 2020 it was unbalanced,i needed a setting for every track with mid value 90

This year it is pretty solid, just 3 to 4 tracks i need to lower or increase AI 

Sorry for answering as i am not a mad customer, i like it pretty much this year (not speaking about Story Mode or online,just driver carreer)

Yeah AI was OP in highspeed sector 2 at zaandvoort last year too. 

Instead of crying about AI, or kerbs that you aren't supposed to drive over anyway, maybe they could go find some humans to race in unranked lobbies until the next patch? Probably too afraid. 😀

Its not hard, start a lobby with 30 min practice, and its pretty easy to find some clean racers at your skill level. (For some reason anyone with a Finnish flag is a super clean driver, but anyone from South America wrecks you and sends you a insult in spanish or portuguese) But there are plenty of people trying to learn the game in unranked. 

Playing career is pointless until the new tracks are added anyway.

For young gamers, it seems like videogames are their first real interaction with capitalism. Codemasters cares about profits not your enjoyment. Welcome to reality guys. 

5 minutes ago, ChicagoSeminole said:

Instead of crying about AI, or kerbs that you aren't supposed to drive over anyway, maybe they could go find some humans to race in unranked lobbies until the next patch? Probably too afraid. 😀

Its not hard, start a lobby with 30 min practice, and its pretty easy to find some clean racers at your skill level. (For some reason anyone with a Finnish flag is a super clean driver, but anyone from South America wrecks you and sends you a insult in spanish or portuguese) But there are plenty of people trying to learn the game in unranked

For many online multiplayer is currently pretty broken though. It is for me. 

6 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

I find the connection problems are about as bad as last year but the amount of dirty drivers & rammers has gotten worse dramatically :/

If rammers could get ban for 3 days it possibly reduce amount of their "outstandingness". We can also implement drivers' penalty points like in real F1, more point less ramming. 

Edited by Blackbird
  • Agree 2