Jump to content Jump to content

Barry, Codies, whoever has nerve to answer

6 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

I find the connection problems are about as bad as last year but the amount of dirty drivers & rammers has gotten worse dramatically 😕

Your experience is rather different to this then?

For myself I've only tried the 'beginner friendly' option but it's basically unusable due to how much time is wasted with various issues. I should possibly post a proper bug report but I've rather been assuming that Codemasters are well aware of the problems.

26 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

If rammers could get ban for 3 days it possibly reduce amount of their "outstandingness". We can also implement drivers' penalty points like in real F1, more point less ramming. 

3 days is too short. 3 weeks would be better.

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

3 days is too short. 3 weeks would be better.

Well 3 days may progressively be increased to 3 weeks ban from any social race whatsoever. As I said more points more time there is to rest and apply oneself. 😉

On 8/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, Sparticus_19 said:

Why is this game so broken?  Why is the AI so unbalanced at tracks it was good at last year. Ican even race at netherlands due to how horrible the AI is.  At least the Nascar heat series had consistent AI difficulty.  Did you guys have 30 people working on braking point while 1 worked on everything else?  Before you get angry or something, me as the consumer, has EVERY RIGHT to be ******, and even more so when you won't even aknowledge it's being fixed.  You literally gave us a 70% completed game..  reminds me of the WWE 2K20 debacle.    Answers guys, answers..  you have ALOT of mad consumers...  

The reason why is so broken is the team is small and spilt in two (one working on this game for fixes the other items until they reach a point where they stop looking at the current game and shift their focus onto the next game with the other dev team) with no priority on increasing the size to ensure the game is tested and complete before release. They know people will buy broken F1 games full of microtrancations promising features that are either rubbed out or dulled down before release. I'm hoping EA will rectify this but I can't see it happening.  

• Sad 1
On 8/30/2021 at 4:28 PM, faldon3005 said:

The creative mind responsible for the game was at the beach this weekend. So don’t worry abou any patch coming up to fix the bugs…

Have we really reached the point where customers can order workers when they can and cannot take vacation?

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
12 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The reason why is so broken is the team is small and spilt in two (one working on this game for fixes the other items until they reach a point where they stop looking at the current game and shift their focus onto the next game with the other dev team) with no priority on increasing the size to ensure the game is tested and complete before release. They know people will buy broken F1 games full of microtrancations promising features that are either rubbed out or dulled down before release. I'm hoping EA will rectify this but I can't see it happening.  

EA will not rectify this. I buy fifa every year & the career mode on that always has do many issues & takes about 6 months until fixed, some issues remain until the following year 

• Agree 1
On 8/26/2021 at 8:30 AM, Sparticus_19 said:

Why is this game so broken?  Why is the AI so unbalanced at tracks it was good at last year. Ican even race at netherlands due to how horrible the AI is.  At least the Nascar heat series had consistent AI difficulty.  Did you guys have 30 people working on braking point while 1 worked on everything else?  Before you get angry or something, me as the consumer, has EVERY RIGHT to be ******, and even more so when you won't even aknowledge it's being fixed.  You literally gave us a 70% completed game..  reminds me of the WWE 2K20 debacle.    Answers guys, answers..  you have ALOT of mad consumers...  

the AI balancing should be the lowest priority, as they need to focus on making the game drivable, not making my Xbox crash from over heating, my Thrustmaster from not overheating and losing FFB, and so on. AI seems like a low one to me. 

• Agree 1
On 9/3/2021 at 10:30 AM, mjhd91 said:

EA will not rectify this. I buy fifa every year & the career mode on that always has do many issues & takes about 6 months until fixed, some issues remain until the following year 

EA only purchased codemasters recently so It can't really be said for definite it wont happen. and there's no doubt when a company buy's another company changes are made good or for worse.  

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1
On 8/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, Sparticus_19 said:

It's not about what you have to say to these hard working devs . It's how you say it . 

That last bit , you need to work on . 

• Agree 1
On 8/30/2021 at 8:01 PM, ChicagoSeminole said:

Yeah AI was OP in highspeed sector 2 at zaandvoort last year too. 

Instead of crying about AI, or kerbs that you aren't supposed to drive over anyway, maybe they could go find some humans to race in unranked lobbies until the next patch? Probably too afraid. 😀

Its not hard, start a lobby with 30 min practice, and its pretty easy to find some clean racers at your skill level. (For some reason anyone with a Finnish flag is a super clean driver, but anyone from South America wrecks you and sends you a insult in spanish or portuguese) But there are plenty of people trying to learn the game in unranked. 

Playing career is pointless until the new tracks are added anyway.

For young gamers, it seems like videogames are their first real interaction with capitalism. Codemasters cares about profits not your enjoyment. Welcome to reality guys. 

But the humans are barely playing the game anymore because this is easily the most unstable game of our time when it comes to multiplayer. 
They should make an effort in fixing that instead of adding more stuff to solo-play so people don't need to race their broken ai anymore. 

1 hour ago, Bicarda said:

But the humans are barely playing the game anymore because this is easily the most unstable game of our time when it comes to multiplayer. 
They should make an effort in fixing that instead of adding more stuff to solo-play so people don't need to race their broken ai anymore. 

Games like F1 are played mainly by casual players who have no interest in online play... First priority is ignore the loud minority and work to keep the silent majority happy.

i play offline and I care as much about online crybabies as they do about me.

Esports popularity continues to grow.. but how many people watch a esport f1 race compared to an actual f1 race.... 1%? Maybe 2%.

FOM primarily want this game to be accessible and attract the masses off casuals who don’t watch real F1 As it helps raise F1 profile... people who don’t watch real f1 will still know what F1 is whereas they won’t even have heard off or have any interest  in f1 esports.  

So the more cm make this game a simcade Utd better for F1 and therefore better for f1 esports... because without F1 there’s no f1 esport 

Edited by ScaredDuck