Jump to content Jump to content

MyTeam - components do not change for quickpractice.

• A detailed description of the issue.
  • For example. In the race I am using MGUK component number 3. For quick practice I want to switch to earlier component so I wouldn't destroy my race component. In previous version I could do that. But for some while now (I unfortunately cannot remember from which update it started occuring) component number 3 won't change to different one and my AI during quick practice still uses component number 3. Simply, components will not switch for quick practice. It says "pending".
  • Report Code
  • HBTX - GJAA - RGVC - SVSM
  • Platform?
  • PS4
  • Game-mode?
  • MyTeam Carrer
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
  • Nothing, I dont know what should I try.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • Yes, I have attached it into this report. As you can see in video I have changed all my components to first one. First ICE component has 60% damage and 4th component which is currently in the car has 18% and all components have "pending" writen on right side so they should change in next session which is quickpractice. But they dont change, and damage is still affecting most recent components. After quickpractice first ICE component has still 60% but 4th has changed to 21%. This happens with all components.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
  • I change components to different ones after the race for quickpractice.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rrosolem said:

@Ahojkluci, I am still having those issues in my Season 2, how about you? 

@BarryBL, I wonder if you could give an update on this? I reported the same issue previously (https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/85833-issue-with-engine-components-and-quick-practice/?tab=comments#comment-648622) which was incorrectly tagged as solved.

Thanks

Yes still the same. @BarryBL sorry for tagging you once again but we still have this problem and still no response. Could you try to do something about this? Thank you.

Did changing components specifically for Quick Practice ever work? If not, my wild, wild guess here is that someone forgot to revise the game conditions somewhere.

The components are only considered changed when the player leaves the garage. Probably the game is waiting for that to happen here, but Quick Practice bypasses that altogether and only simulates whoops and loops of a practice session without ever triggering the "player left the garage" condition.

Now for the component change working that way is by design. The teams can do whatever they want with the car, that has a transponder on it. Only when the FIA officials receive the signal that the car left the garage that the changes are considered done, and only for what is fitted on the car. 

21 minutes ago, marioho said:

Did changing components specifically for Quick Practice ever work? If not, my wild, wild guess here is that someone forgot to revise the game conditions somewhere.

The components are only considered changed when the player leaves the garage. Probably the game is waiting for that to happen here, but Quick Practice bypasses that altogether and only simulates whoops and loops of a practice session without ever triggering the "player left the garage" condition.

Now for the component change working that way is by design. The teams can do whatever they want with the car, that has a transponder on it. Only when the FIA officials receive the signal that the car left the garage that the changes are considered done, and only for what is fitted on the car. 

It was possible to change components for and between quickpractice sessions before, because of some update it stopped working. I don't know if it was intentional or not but I can't see a reason why would they disable this option. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Ahojkluci said:

It was possible to change components for and between quickpractice sessions before, because of some update it stopped working. I don't know if it was intentional or not but I can't see a reason why would they disable this option. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Sooooo my Internet is slow. Probably the heatwave here. I might have to troubleshoot my own Internet. 

Will add this to tomorrows workload and get this installed overnight and come back tomorrow. RIP my home electric bill.

20 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Sooooo my Internet is slow. Probably the heatwave here. I might have to troubleshoot my own Internet. 

Will add this to tomorrows workload and get this installed overnight and come back tomorrow. RIP my home electric bill.

Alright, good luck 😄

• Administrator
Just now, Ahojkluci said:

Hello, @BarryBL. So I have tried new update and this bug is still there. My question is so that I don´t need to think about it whole time and to stop writing on this forum, will Codemasters fix it or will this bug be in the game forever. Thank you very much.

It is on our agenda @Ahojkluci, just only so much we can get out in 1 patch.