Jump to content Jump to content

Codemasters have just killed off league racing

Giving Esports players the new handling model first on the Esports build and the normal player base not receiving it till October. Leagues like PSGL and WOR T1 have just been culled effectively. League racing is what F2/F3 are to F1 (F1 being Esports). What an absolute joke 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
14 minutes ago, BarcaMascot said:

Giving Esports players the new handling model first on the Esports build and the normal player base not receiving it till October.

Source? Don't think anyone has posted this news here yet.

Why are you saying the top leagues are effectively being culled? Because eSports drivers won't still race in them if they need to be practicing with a different handling model?

8 minutes ago, BarcaMascot said:

So I'm not allowed to complain ?  Its a disgrace 

I am referring to codemasters not you. The whole esports thing wouldnt of been possible without all the player leagues grinding building the scene and making it happen for years.

• Agree 3
4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Source? Don't think anyone has posted this news here yet.

Why are you saying the top leagues are effectively being culled? Because eSports drivers won't still race in them if they need to be practicing with a different handling model?

Another source from an Esports driver 
https://twitter.com/G2Frede/status/1431010759375478784?s=20

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Because eSports drivers won't still race in them if they need to be practicing with a different handling model?

That's exactly why... which means the leagues they drive in have just lost all their star drivers and a lot of the top tier grids.

Also, the fact that this new model is going to be 3 months behind for the rest of us mere mortals is an absolute joke.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Bankai3987 said:

That's exactly why... which means the leagues they drive in have just lost all their star drivers and a lot of the top tier grids.

Also, the fact that this new model is going to be 3 months behind for the rest of us mere mortals is an absolute joke.

Well a legit esports driver has basically confirmed this, I doubt its something they wanted people to know. No way they can get away with holding off til October now.

• Agree 2
Just now, RLLL said:

Well a legit esports driver has basically confirmed this, I doubt its something they wanted people to know. No way they can get away with holding off til October now.

I just saw that tweet.

ZERO contact from CM since launch... and now this. Somebody needs to be held accountable.

• Agree 7

I sort of get putting new stuff in "professional" builds first so they can get proper, focused feedback but... 3 months?

andre.gif

Well, at least this leak was about the handling model instead of the new tracks. Now that would have caused a storm. 

• Haha 1

PT - League Races são as melhores formas de descobrir novos pilotos para o F1 Esports e até mesmo de pilotos veteranos treinarem.

É a primeira vez que eu vejo uma desenvolvedora ajudar a MATAR o próprio scene competitivo, isso que eu nem citei o fato de que o jogador que pagou preço cheio no jogo (no Brasil, meu país, houve um aumento de mais de 100% no valor do jogo, de R$109 para R$249) está com um jogo defasado.

Definitivamente, é impossivel defender esta medida.

EN - League Races are the best ways to discover new F1 Esports drivers and even veteran drivers to train.

It's the first time I've seen a developer help KILL the competitive scene itself, I didn't even mention the fact that the player who paid full price in the game (in Brazil, my country, there was an increase of more than 100% in the game game value, from R$109 to R$249) has a game out of date.

It is definitely impossible to defend this measure.

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Bankai3987 said:

One tweet above said October so that's basically two months tops and it could be closer to one.

That said I agree it shouldn't being being done like this and good on Freddie Rasmussen for saying so. I bet most eSports drivers will follow. If nothing else because I'm sure they enjoy racing in leagues!

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

I sort of get putting new stuff in "professional" builds first so they can get proper, focused feedback but... 3 months?

andre.gif

Well, at least this leak was about the handling model instead of the new tracks. Now that would have caused a storm. 

The new tracks will be included in the update for the next podium pass series. (2/3 weeks)

Edited by RLLL
Just now, RLLL said:

Source is literally "trust me bro"

But many many things point to this. 

You may well be right but it's helpful to be clear what is opinion and what is fact. I certainly hope you're right 🙂

Not sure what particularly 'points to this' though.

Who cares?

Everyone was whining about the handling, so codemasters makes a new handling model, so now everyone is whining that they are getting the new handling model that they were whining about a month ago?

Everyone could just not play a league race for a few weeks until the new patch comes out. Problem solved. Nobody is killing anything lol. 

Maybe league racers need to realize that playing a videogame doesn't entitle you to anything. Drinking Coca Cola doesn't give me a place on the Board of Directors at Coca Cola. A league racer is just a guy playing a videogame. They aren't special. 

The game is flawed and all but the fanbase is equally flawed. 

Edited by ChicagoSeminole
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 5

Top league racing aside, a significant change to the handling being released to regular players a quarter of the way through the games life-cycle is seriously late, as it's not just eSports drivers who take time optimising driving techniques, setups and strategies. If a change is to be made then the sooner the better for all.

• Agree 8

They've literally just given us all the middle finger and gone "thanks for the money but **** you" I cant be arsed with this **** anymore. Stop releasing unfinished games and give us what we ******* payed for

Edited by Kogoda10
  • Agree 7