Jump to content Jump to content

Codemasters have just killed off league racing


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Top league racing aside, a significant change to the handling being released to regular players a quarter of the way through the games life-cycle is seriously late, as it's not just eSports drivers who take time optimising driving techniques, setups and strategies. If a change is to be made then the sooner the better for all.

Happened in F1 2019 and the general consensus at that time was it made it worse and it was never changed back 

Edited by TomAAA
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChicagoSeminole said:

Who cares?

Everyone was whining about the handling, so codemasters makes a new handling model, so now everyone is whining that they are getting the new handling model that they were whining about a month ago?

Everyone could just not play a league race for a few weeks until the new patch comes out. Problem solved. Nobody is killing anything lol. 

Maybe league racers need to realize that playing a videogame doesn't entitle you to anything. Drinking Coca Cola doesn't give me a place on the Board of Directors at Coca Cola. A league racer is just a guy playing a videogame. They aren't special. 

The game is flawed and all but the fanbase is equally flawed. 

 

Dumbest comment of the lot, it’s nothing to do with entitlement. 
 

esports players have careers built off these games and doing something like this completely throws a spanner into the works, they also realise that 99% of the players are casuals and they understand that it’s pointless for it to be on one build only, they also play for fun so for them to come off the esports build and change handling model is going to mess with them with league racing.

every consumer of a product is entitled when it comes to buying something that actually works and things that are accessible to everyone who pays for it. 

I’ve said countless times on here, the amount of things missing like damage and performance without any acknowledgement is inexcusable. I didn’t pay to be a beta tester.

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TomAAA said:

Happened in F1 2019 and the general consensus at the time was it was made worse and it was never changed back 

Yes, I've heard that before. There's enough of a problem here already without even getting into whether the patch will be an improvement or not!

I wonder if Codemasters have focused on the update needed on PC but not consoles, since eSports is PC only. If this happened to be the case then releasing the build to all PC players would solve the league issue. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can either go two ways either it will get pushed through or because of the backlash from even esports players themselves they will stop the split in the model.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the esports drivers posts. Jarno Opmeer made a video that said "something is seriously wrong with F1 2021" then the video was linked on this forum and within 30 mins the video was removed. I wonder with the posts they have made tonight will be removed by tomorrow after some 'words' from people in suits

Edited by TomAAA
Link to post
Share on other sites

Deploying beta builds and insider builds internally makes sense and is a common and healthy practice in project management. Now, deploying it with a 2-month delay for your top, competitive public first in detriment of the general player base that's just appalling. That's needlessly and unjustifiably segregating your audience, makes no sense.

The integration with EA's backbone and resources is probably slow in coming and I have no idea if Codies can already make use of their QA department. Even so, using your esport category to beta-test a build makes no sense.

And if it is not for testing purposes, all the worse!

I'll still wait for people with skin in the game to confirm that this is indeed the case as Twitter FUDs catch fire more rapidly than Lennon could get chlamydia, but that's just abysmal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The same thing will happen though, this thread will be ignored and slowly drown into page 2 and we will repeat it same time next week. I just don’t understand their thinking to completely ignore people and then wipe out leagues that literally benefit their game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vince7099 said:

The same thing will happen though, this thread will be ignored and slowly drown into page 2 and we will repeat it same time next week. I just don’t understand their thinking to completely ignore people and then wipe out leagues that literally benefit their game.

Or it will get deleted completely 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, marioho said:

 

I'll still wait for people with skin in the game to confirm that this is indeed the case 

 

TBF just by the reaction on here esp late at night in Europe and the reaction from esports drivers that there will be an emergency meeting in the morning and this 'idea' will be made to look like it never happened. So nobody will ever know lol

Edited by TomAAA
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is there 'an esports build' in the first place?

We all know the answer; because the game's online part is so so broken.

It honestly should be illegal to charge money for this **** show of a game.

And btw, if there's no league racing, there's no esports.

  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, theplayer2248 said:

Why is there 'an esports build' in the first place?

We all know the answer; because the game's online part is so so broken.

It honestly should be illegal to charge money for this **** show of a game.

And btw, if there's no league racing, there's no esports.

They have an esports build because they can then put in the Heineken sponsors and it can also be hosted without any imposters joining the lobby during the events

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All things aside i just absolutely hate how codemasters don’t communicate with us at all, issues are just put to one side and ignored, we are never given statuses of updates coming out, they just don’t talk to us. It sometimes feels as if they just don’t regard anybody, if codies would just give us weekly status updates of how things are going (such as the new tracks, F2 2021, new handling, performance patch) then it would benefit both parties.

and something else i want to say is why are the updates taking soo long this year for? I obviously understand it last year but there is no excuse this year, in 2019 the performance patch that year came out about 2 weeks after release so why is is taking over a month this year???

for whatever reason this year codies have been appalling in their update times and many things this year, don’t get my wrong ive enjoyed this game more than any others but soo many things seem to be a mess this year. Maybe they have given too many things to do in a short period idk, Anyways sorry for the rant

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree it’s annoying lack off communication...  but it’s  what all developers do... it’s one thing I like about fifa... after every update there’s always a thank you message... the message is always the same but at least it acknowledges the end user for their help

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

I totally agree it’s annoying lack off communication...  but it’s  what all developers do... it’s one thing I like about fifa... after every update there’s always a thank you message... the message is always the same but at least it acknowledges the end user for their help

This is why i wish they would create a roadmap of updates, it would create a lot less tension between them and the people that want the game

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ScaredDuck @DylanWest2004 if you click and dig and click a little more just enough on Codemasters' site you can find all the relevant documents regarding the acquisition by EA.

Now I suspect ScaredDuck is a double agent because what he's hinted at is precisely one of the points raised on those letter of intentions and proposals. Better QA and post production pipelines.

I gotta a feeling I've been throwing "QA" a lot. Just to clarify, it means Quality Assurance and it's basically testing every nook of every patch and every build to assure the software works as intended, as well as flagging "look here, may contain bugs" on systems and features.

Now I may sound looney here but I think Codies could benefit of more QA?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marioho said:

@ScaredDuck @DylanWest2004 if you click and dig and click a little more just enough on Codemasters' site you can find all the relevant documents regarding the acquisition by EA.

Now I suspect ScaredDuck is a double agent because what he's hinted at is precisely one of the points raised on those letter of intentions and proposals. Better QA and post production pipelines.

I gotta a feeling I've been throwing "QA" a lot. Just to clarify, it means Quality Assurance and it's basically testing every nook of every patch and every build to assure the software works as intended, as well as flagging "look here, may contain bugs" on systems and features.

Now I may sound looney here but I think Codies could benefit of more QA?

I’m. Not a double agent I’m just all knowing

the biggest issues for me right now though... is just popped out for late night food only to discover McDonald’s 🇬🇧 has ran out off milkshakes😭

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...