Jump to content Jump to content

Codemasters have just killed off league racing

1 minute ago, marioho said:

@ScaredDuck @DylanWest2004 if you click and dig and click a little more just enough on Codemasters' site you can find all the relevant documents regarding the acquisition by EA.

Now I suspect ScaredDuck is a double agent because what he's hinted at is precisely one of the points raised on those letter of intentions and proposals. Better QA and post production pipelines.

I gotta a feeling I've been throwing "QA" a lot. Just to clarify, it means Quality Assurance and it's basically testing every nook of every patch and every build to assure the software works as intended, as well as flagging "look here, may contain bugs" on systems and features.

Now I may sound looney here but I think Codies could benefit of more QA?

They could do indeed. Didn’t Codies used to have a branch in India that used to do a lot of QA work on the games?  I’m assuming that’s still the case? 
I’m not saying game development is easy in any way shape or form, but with games becoming more and more complex and bigger in scope, the sooner EA can help Codies with polishing and thoroughly testing these games the better. 

• Agree 1

What am I missing here? The top esport drivers cant buy a copy of the game and race in PSGL, which I love to watch by the way.

Someone has to be telling them they cant race in leagues otherwise what's to stop them?

More info please!

11 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

What am I missing here? The top esport drivers cant buy a copy of the game and race in PSGL, which I love to watch by the way.

Someone has to be telling them they cant race in leagues otherwise what's to stop them?

More info please!

They can't play both handling models and expect to be fast when esports starts. They're better off just sweating the new handling

• Agree 2

I really don't understand why they release one set of handling for a select few and left the other, older set with everyone else.

Just release it all at once or wait until it's ready.

If I was in a league I wouldn't race too

Not sure what CM is thinking here

At this point the only thing I can suggest is review bombing F1 2021 on stream and twitter, Plus letting the F1 twitter page know with constant messages that codemasters don't offer a valid virtual representation & recreation of the sport. 

• Agree 1

Damn it.  My gamers life’s matters signs I made won’t work in a virtual demonstration

Damn shame watchdog isn’t on anymore... Anne Robinson would have codemasters by the short and curlys 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, ProvableTerror said:

They can't play both handling models and expect to be fast when esports starts. They're better off just sweating the new handling

True to an extent. However ya have to have away of measuring yourself against your competition before a major event which has been taken away. How the esport teams deal with this should be interesting.............stay tuned!

1 hour ago, Dunky1980 said:

Could it be we've not had the new handling model because they have to adjust the AI which you don't need to do for esports?

Good point. 

Just a thought... stereotypical gamers esp those that make games are geeks, nerds etc... and by their very nature are socially awkward and miss social cues most take for granted... As it’s a case that all developers act in the same manor... could it be simply down to them not understanding how to relate to their custom base.  Or I’m just old and out off date.

Edited by ScaredDuck

Why changing the handling? Because a few whined about it? You guys pulled the same trick in 2019, only then it was only a month after release and not 3 months. That already turned leagues on it's head as several driver's pace changed. We'll be halfway the league in October when it comes out. It's just a joke 

2 hours ago, Dunky1980 said:

Could it be we've not had the new handling model because they have to adjust the AI which you don't need to do for esports?

A while ago I suggested that the new tracks may come to an eSports build first fir the same reason. Then I realised that if there were any in-game disconnections they'd still want/need AI to take over so I wasn't so sure this would really work? If this year's eSports is hoped to be with everyone in the same location then problems would be less likely, but not impossible?

1 hour ago, Dunky1980 said:

Just carry on doing your League races. Look at it as if the FIA have changed some rules midway through the season like in real life. 

I expect alot of people's pace to change with the patch. We have 7 divisions in my league. It will cause a ********. Season just started and it's already ruined by this decision

8 minutes ago, Raalte said:

But will it change eventually? Or will it come in October all at once?

My main problem is that they want to change it post launch,  which is just a killer for leagues

Well I doubt that we will get informed by CM in that matter. Their staff is liking tweets on the matter, but any offical messages? Nah..

Edited by Oesi345
typo
21 minutes ago, Raalte said:

My main problem is that they want to change it post launch,  which is just a killer for leagues

So damned if they do And damned if they don’t... 

and when I say damned if they don’t there are a lot off people wanting this handling change.

personally I’m indifferent as I’m happy with the current model.  But will embrace the new model if it’s better.  And we won’t know if it’s better until we try it.

I personally think we would know if it’s better sooner and what to expect if it was used in esports and the info filtered it’s way down to us.   But I’m just a lowly offline player who has to wait for superior online players to be happy 😛

Edited by ScaredDuck
1 hour ago, Raalte said:

In case you weren't aware there has been talk of this change from launch. So it wasn't totally unexpected, just not in the way proposed.

4 hours ago, Raalte said:

Why changing the handling? Because a few whined about it? You guys pulled the same trick in 2019, only then it was only a month after release and not 3 months. That already turned leagues on it's head as several driver's pace changed. We'll be halfway the league in October when it comes out. It's just a joke 

Exactly, and I remember what David Greco told us back then. It was a mess, and it would be good, to know what they will change exactly.

A76ED15F-C7E9-45F5-BAB2-2AD0E8DD880B.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Good to see there has been a quick rethink 🙂.

What happens when the community rallies together around an issue, it gets attention and fixed rather than the normal apathy 

54 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

In case you weren't aware there has been talk of this change from launch. So it wasn't totally unexpected, just not in the way proposed.

I heard rumours about that but never heard anyone in the leagues I'm in complaining about the handling. Literally no one. Imo its not done to change it after launch. In 2019 it was 2 weeks after launch and that already caused huge problems for leagues

10 minutes ago, Jaketa said:

Exactly, and I remember what David Greco told us back then. It was a mess, and it would be good, to know what they will change exactly.

A76ED15F-C7E9-45F5-BAB2-2AD0E8DD880B.jpeg

It was. It was way worse. But back then, people did complain about the handling. After the change, even more complaint. Apparently there have been complaints here on the forum about it I guess. I haven't been on the forums much this game. All I know I didn't hear anyone in the leagues I'm in

• Agree 1

IIRC what was reported by Tom97 around launch was that the eSports drivers had been told that an adjustment would be made so that the in-game lap times were closer to reality rather than much faster as they are now. What changes may have been made to achieve this were not mentioned.

Subsequently the other issue raised by many has been the interaction with kerbs, although whether there is actually a problem to be addressed gets debated.

All I'll say from my very limited skill-level perspective is I prefer how 2021 feels to drive vs 2020.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4