Jump to content Jump to content

Codemasters have just killed off league racing

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

IIRC what was reported by Tom97 around launch was that the eSports drivers had been told that an adjustment would be made so that the in-game lap times were closer to reality rather than much faster as they are now. What changes may have been made to achieve this were not mentioned.

Subsequently the other issue raised by many has be the interaction with kerbs, although whether there is actually a problem to be addressed gets debated.

All I'll say from my very limited skill-level perspective is I prefer how 2021 feels to drive vs 2020.

Prefer how this year feels also.  With the exception off japan... but I’ve always sucked at japan.  Just cant nail first sector

So lemmie get this right ... CM have done a new handling model for 2021 because people in the esports world dont like it? and because of all the complaints about kerbs etc ?  I have  no problem with them making the cars more forgiveing if thats what they are going to do , along as it doesnt screw up the Ai making mistakes , coz im loving that this year.

I like the handling this year and the kerbs , it will be on rails if this changes

Edited by Madmaz116
3 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

So lemmie get this right ... CM have done a new handling model for 2021 because people in the esports world dont like it? and because of all the complaints about kerbs etc ?  I have  no problem with them making the cars more forgiveing if thats what they are going to do , along as it doesnt screw up the Ai making mistakes , coz im loving that this year.

No I think the esports world are fine with the current model.  It’s the casual gamer that isn’t.

im with you I’m scared they will dumb the ai down to follow the leader

4 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

So lemmie get this right ... CM have done a new handling model for 2021 because people in the esports world dont like it? 

I've not personally seen anything that specifically indicates the change has been instigated because of feedback specifically or solely from eSports drivers. It's possible but just saying I don't think it's clear this is the case.

4 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

No I think the esports world are fine with the current model.  It’s the casual gamer that isn’t.

im with you I’m scared they will dumb the ai down to follow the leader

wow what is wrong with people ,  the game has a learning curve thats all , a bit of practice and you soon get used to it. I was the same when i first played it , i thought wow this is much harder than 2020, but i soon adapted , some people just want the game to play for them.

DONT CHANGE IT FOR A FEW WHINERS CM!!

Edited by Madmaz116
  • Agree 2

I really hope whatever changes they’re making to the handling this year is influenced more from feedback from the real drivers and not just morons complaining why their car setups from last year don’t work anymore.  I get that it’s a fine balancing act trying to please as many people as possible but really hope they’re not just making a snap decision to change the handling that could end up worse than what we currently have. 

• Agree 1
10 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

wow what is wrong with people ,  the game has a learning curve thats all , a bit of practice and you soon get used to it. I was the same when i first played it , i thought wow this is much harder than 2020, but i soon adapted , some people just want the game to play for them.

I sick worse than I normally do at japan but otherwise I’m doing ok.

but highlights this year.  Max spinning out infront off me.  And a ai 9 car pile up in Austria leaving 5 cars crashed out have been great

sorry 8 car pile up.  5 crashed out 3 in pits for front wings... and I was no where near it

Edited by ScaredDuck
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

but highlights this year.  Max spinning out infront off me.  And a ai 9 car pile up in Austria leaving 5 cars crashed out have been great

I love this sort of stuff , it makes it more real to me , and i never think Ive got no chance of winning because I know they could make a mistake , for goodness sake dont take that away !

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

I really hope whatever changes they’re making to the handling this year is influenced more from feedback from the real drivers and not just morons complaining why their car setups from last year don’t work anymore.  I get that it’s a fine balancing act trying to please as many people as possible but really hope they’re not just making a snap decision to change the handling that could end up worse than what we currently have. 

I’m not sure which year it was I think maybe codemasters first f1 game.  On hard it wasn’t that hard.  So they released a patch... super rubber banding... you’d get a decent lead then all off a sudden the rest off the field was flying past you

• Agree 1
19 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

DONT CHANGE IT FOR A FEW WHINERS CM!!

It's not a few whines.

The esports drivers have found the fastest lines around  tracks are when they drift. How can F1 esports go on the official formula 1 twitch channel broadcasting to thousands of people with the 20 best drivers drifting around corners?

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, RLLL said:

The esports drivers have found the fastest lines around  tracks are when they drift. How can F1 esports go on the official formula 1 twitch channel broadcasting to thousands of people with the 20 best drivers drifting around corners?

A lot of complaints about the understeer too, hope it gets a fix. Can be mitigated a little with setup but on the wheel the understeer is still bad

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

A lot of complaints about the understeer too, hope it gets a fix. Can be mitigated a little but on the wheel the understeer is bad

The understeer really comes down to setup and good trail braking. It was tricky at first but I got the hang of it. The rears locking is the issue, I get that CM wanted to move away from the 2020 meta of 100/50 on the brake settings but even at 58 sometimes 60 brake bias the rears will stick and the car goes mental.

Edited by RLLL
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

A lot of complaints about the understeer too, hope it gets a fix. Can be mitigated a little with setup but on the wheel the understeer is still bad

Lewis is always complaining about understeer... so inline with ‘real world’

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, RLLL said:

It's not a few whines.

understandable... from my point of view i just hope they retain the kerbs and the way the Ai behave , coz it makes for some good offline racing imo

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

Tbf high speed corners were always too much understeer in the game, low speed however are not enough understeer this year lol

17 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I always put that down to his fake drama. Like his 'my tyres are dead (pumps fastest lap right after)'  every race lol 

Got distracted watching the Belgian GP practice, had to laugh out loud at the the hyperbole of one of the reporters as he reckons after yet another Leclerc major smash that Lecrash has now crashed the car more times in less than 3 seasons than Vettel did in his entire term at Ferrari lol 

Love the new visor cam too in the broadcast 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Tbf high speed corners were always too much understeer in the game, low speed however are not enough understeer this year lol

Wonder if having braking point turning point apex aid would help more than racing line for people that struggle more than others in the corners.  I used to do a lot off track days and all tracks put cones out on those points. A lot off especially younger users would not actually know what or where the apex is

abit like g spot

Edited by ScaredDuck
5 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

I always put that down to his fake drama. Like his 'my tyres are dead (pumps fastest lap right after)'  every race lol 

Got distracted watching the Belgian GP practice, had to laugh out loud when one of the reporters reckons after yet another Leclerc major smash that Lecrash has now crashed the car more times in less than 3 seasons than Vettel did in his entire term at Ferrari lol 

Love the new visor cam too in the broadcast 

This is the reason I’m now in love with lando.  None off my tyres have gone whining.  Even though he’s lapping a second faster than everyone else

suppose with no more grosjean.  Leclerc feels it’s up to him 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Wonder if having braking point turning point apex aid would help more than racing line for people that struggle more than others in the corners.  I used to do a lot off track days and all tracks put cones out on those points. A lot off especially younger users would not actually know what or where the apex is

Interesting idea, i think it depends on the individuum what helps more

9 hours ago, Dunky1980 said:

Could it be we've not had the new handling model because they have to adjust the AI which you don't need to do for esports?

In that case I think it would still be wiser to hold off the build and only release it when it's ready for everyone. Every time we boot the game we're greeted with a screen inviting us both to watch and to give esports a try – this rag to riches "everyone can compete" spiel is key for the franchise. Every industry newsletter and stakeholders bulletin from Codies state basically a two-pronged strategy for the longevity of their games: reach new players and expand their esports scene. 

They should avoid segregating their competitive community the best they can not only out of respect for the players, but because their whole strategy depends on a solid esports stage. Unless the current was atrociously bad and would hurt the brand when under the limelight of a F1® Esports Series – and that's definitely not the case here –they should not segregate their competitive community.

Obviously that's assuming changes significant enough to entail a split.

31 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

abit like g spot

Gran Turismo Sport has that. If I'm not mistaken it has three levels of racing line assist that you can use on whatever combination you feel fit:

• Corner entry and corner exit markers ;
  • Double cones for hard braking zones and single cones for marking corner entry and exit points;
  • Regular racing line but it's plain, not dynamic like F1's.
  • Agree 1

For me the debate about the handling model itself is the less important one. What really shocks me, although it isn't really a surprise, is how Codemasters have handled this situation. They may have taken action by removing it again, but the lack of communication, in fact no communication at all, is just embarrassing.

Rasmussen, Opmeer and Tiametmarduk all tweeted about it yesterday, so who know how many people have seen this stuff yesterday, yet they try to hide it? It's a disgrace.

Edited by ReimvomSchleim
  • Agree 1
6 minutes ago, ShelbyUSA said:

Tweet has been deleted. 

Just like I said it would happen. My Post from last night lol....

16 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Will be interesting to see what happens with the esports drivers posts. Jarno Opmeer made a video that said "something is seriously wrong with F1 2021" then the video was linked on this forum and within 30 mins the video was removed. I wonder with the posts they have made tonight will be removed by tomorrow after some 'words' from people in suits

16 hours ago, TomAAA said:

TBF just by the reaction on here esp late at night in Europe and the reaction from esports drivers that there will be an emergency meeting in the morning and this 'idea' will be made to look like it never happened. So nobody will ever know lol

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 2

You can tell codemasters and f1 have a mainly British following.... cause we love complaining... 

any multinational gaming forum and they have hordes off fanboys just waiting to shout complainers down

just spoke to the ex misses and she went on complaining about everything ever and all I did was ask how the ex step son got on at hospital 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 2