Jump to content Jump to content

Codemasters have just killed off league racing

1 minute ago, RLLL said:

Locks ups and puffs of smoke off the tyres do less damage to them than you think. I could swear that flat spots were mentioned for this game or shown in a video etc, until that comes the lock ups probably just add temperature.

We cross-posted.

iContrast confused some by misinterpreting punctures as flat-spots in one of his pre-release videos.

36 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Thinking about it I'm surprised that the drifting examples don't cause the tyres to overheat and lose grip for the next corner, like if you spin off.

You make a good point, I think this is because the tyres this year are still too lenient and easy to manage. You can still over drive too easy. Rather than go bonkers and change the handling model, I would rather they tweak things like tyre deg and overheating to make it encourage more 'realistic' driving than every lap being like time trial lap. In the league I race in for example no matter the race distance the current consensus is its far too easy to extend and push the tyres far beyond what you should so even strength goes out the window, and these are really fast drivers. 

Edited by TomAAA
On 8/27/2021 at 9:29 PM, TomAAA said:

You make a good point, I think this is because the tyres this year are still too lenient and easy to manage. You can still over drive too easy. Rather than go bonkers and change the handling model, I would rather they tweak things like tyre deg and overheating to make it encourage more 'realistic' driving than every lap being like time trial lap. In the league I race in for example no matter the race distance the current consensus is its far too easy to extend and push the tyres far beyond what you should so even strength goes out the window, and these are really fast drivers. 

Please no... I have no finesse last year keeping my fronts from overheating actually made me sweat... this year for me has been a dream... think it’s why I’m not crying about the curbs