Jump to content Jump to content

PETITION AGAINST CODEMASTERS AND THE HANDLING PATCH BEING RELEASED UNFAIRLY

This Forum is for people who want to protest against the esports build. It is not fair on anyone who has bought the game to then find out the esports drivers get the patch over 3 months before us. They are trying to ruin league racing and leagues such as PSGL PC and WOR PC, the amount of effort admins in these leagues have put in is ridiculously amazing and they don't deserve this BullSh*t so who's with me?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

I dunno. eSports is a serious thing now. Like, really serious. Not just in F1 but across various other disciplines too. 

I'm okay at the game, not sensational but not awful... but, like Kimi, it's just a hobby for me.   However, those guys take it really serious as it's basically a livelihood for them.  The actual F1 teams are invested in the eSports world too so, by that logic, you should be outraged that real life drivers get handling changes before you do.

Is it a bummer that they get it way before us?  Yeah, I guess. Is it worth whining about? Only if you depend on it for your main source of income. 

Maybe i'm completely off the mark as i've heard the story but not read the minutiae but I cannot imagine the sole purpose is to kill off league racing. 

Plus, wait til the handling model comes out and people complain it's ruined the game and they want it reverting back... 

• Agree 3

please no more distractions, they still haven't been able to fix thrustmaster's force feedback issues in a month and a half. let them focus and you will probably have two new helmet designs and a new scream at the finish line.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
4 minutes ago, PiterT2 said:

please no more distractions, they still haven't been able to fix thrustmaster's force feedback issues in a month and a half. let them focus and you will probably have two new helmet designs and a new scream at the finish line.

Ah man if they make the shockwave livery from last year available this year I’ll be made up😃

• Disagree 1
13 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Anybody having a clue what he is talking about?

Apparently it’s blowing up on Twitter how esports has the new handling model and no one else does... so they are mad cause that means normal online leagues that esports drivers get practice and scouted from have the current handling model and that’s not fair (imagine me throwing dummy out off pram)

or if your wondering what I’m on about with the shockwave livery from last year.. was my favourite livery... was shockwave which I did in a selection of nice blues with a nice orange pin stripe around the bottom... was awesome 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

Apparently it’s blowing up on Twitter how esports has the new handling model and no one else does... so they are mad cause that means normal online leagues that esports drivers get practice and scouted from have the current handling model and that’s not fair (imagine me throwing dummy out off pram)

Just read up on it and its also the performance patch for the cars which we will only get in October..

1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

Plus, PSGL just lost their highest (and possible second highest as well) league, just like that. Months, years of time and sweat gone down the drain.

5 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Just read up on it and its also the performance patch for the cars which we will only get in October..

I heard/read not performance patch.  Just handling model.  But I may have wrong info 

8 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I heard/read not performance patch.  Just handling model.  But I may have wrong info 

Nope its also performance patch, but Lee Mather said that its because they still need to train the AI for both performance and handling which is understandable, sucks but is understandable

Edited by Meza994
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
7 minutes ago, Oesi345 said:

Plus, PSGL just lost their highest (and possible second highest as well) league, just like that. Months, years of time and sweat gone down the drain.

I care about them as much as they care about us who prefer to play offline. 😃

Since the EA acquisition, the game tripled in price, with less content and a poor handling model. This is extortion, seriously!

Will the next release be sold for the old price?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
6 minutes ago, QtiN said:

Since the EA acquisition, the game tripled in price, with less content and a poor handling model. This is extortion, seriously!

Will the next release be sold for the old price?

Please stick to the subject and if this is important to you, create your own topic. I will hide this post soon.

• Agree 1

Well, I'm a bit confused. I knew nothing about this and the plans to include an 'handling patch' together with the 'performance patch'. Unless the different handling is not only what is due to a few horses less, really have no idea, but based on what I read on Twitter, eg. Frederik Rasmussen, it doesn't look like only this.

Personally I am not offended if I receive the changes a few days/weeks later (although it is clearly an injustice for those who are not eSports drivers but aspire to become one day), i play offline, but i'm waiting for the performance patch too and possibly also the new tracks before starting a "serious" championship.

In the meantime, I'm training, getting familiar with handling as well as helping to find some bugs etc. and honestly hearing that handling will change leaves me perplexed. Firstly because it seems to me that overall it is liked more than that of F1 2020, including myself, and also because the unprofessional player does not do it as a job, has much less time available, and a change of handling while running (after months) is a punch in the stomach.

I have been surfing the forum for a year or so, I think I have never written a line of complaint nor am I the type to do so, and I still hope that all this 'handling problem' is perceptible so clearly only by the fast eSports drivers, that as I said before it is just that "normal" difference that comes from a different "power". Because if this were not the case I would like someone to explain at least the reason for that and why a game released in July, having roughly an annual duration (before the new release), there is no way to be "started" immediately, but one has to wait 3 months to get a stable game model. I am not referring to bugs, new tracks, fine tuning or everything else, just asking for a stable handling. I don't think it's too much, but perhaps I'm missing something.

At this point I hope at least that the release times for everyone will be accelerated as much as possible, and thanks in advance for any possibly official reply.

Nuv

EDIT: Is it possible that the problem of the eSports drivers is only due to the fact that their new release is incompatible with the old, public one? I am an incurable optimist ☺️

Edited by Nuvolarix
2 hours ago, Oesi345 said:

No offense, i get the frustration as i run a league myself, but the fact that those drivers leave says quite a lot about their loyalty to those league, doesn't it? To me it's not very fair to blame it all on Codies, they're not the ones leaving. Can they do things better? Oh a 1000 times yes, but let's please stay realistic here.

• Agree 2
1 minute ago, BarryB said:

No offense, i get the frustration as i run a league myself, but the fact that those drivers leave says quite a lot about their loyalty to those league, doesn't it? To me it's not very fair to blame it all on Codies, they're not the ones leaving. Can they do things better? Oh a 1000 times yes, but let's please stay realistic here.

The E-Sports guys are professionals, playing just an hour with a handling model that's not gonna be used in Esports, if the actual model is available, is wasted time. There was like 100k for the winner on offer last year as well.

Just now, Oesi345 said:

The E-Sports guys are professionals, playing just an hour with a handling model that's not gonna be used in Esports, if the actual model is available, is wasted time. There was like 100k for the winner on offer last year as well.

Which proves actually my point about their loyalty to those leagues.

• Agree 1
Just now, BarryB said:

Dude, it is their job, probably some of them are obliged to play the newest version by contracts as well.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, BarryB said:

Not really. The eSports drivers have contracts with F1 teams so we're talking about their professional responsibilities here. 

• Agree 2