Jump to content Jump to content

PETITION AGAINST CODEMASTERS AND THE HANDLING PATCH BEING RELEASED UNFAIRLY

3 hours ago, PiterT2 said:

please no more distractions, they still haven't been able to fix thrustmaster's force feedback issues in a month and a half. let them focus and you will probably have two new helmet designs and a new scream at the finish line.

You're so damn right😭😭😭can't play the game with my T300 on PS5 because after about 30 Minutes FFB on track says bye bye and i need to restart the game 👍 wish u could get my Money back! Even Thrustmaster Support says it looks like a Game Issue....

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, HuntingHornet said:

You're so damn right😭😭😭can't play the game with my T300 on PS5 because after about 30 Minutes FFB on track says bye bye and i need to restart the game 👍 wish u could get my Money back! Even Thrustmaster Support says it looks like a Game Issue....

I’m just a pad user but I even find ffb issues on ps5.  Its like it can’t be bothered after half hour or so.  However with pad I can pause game and give it a rest for 5-10 minutes and when I restart it’s eager to go again

Edited by ScaredDuck

I wonder if they’ll even release a statement or anything on the matter, the amount of esports drivers and managers who have come out surely warrants an explanation. 

This game needs competition in the f1 world

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I’m just a pad user but I even find ffb issues on ps5.  Its like it can’t be bothered after half hour or so.  However with pad I can pause game and give it a rest for 5-10 minutes and when I restart it’s eager to go again

Could be the circuit for the motors in the controller. Most motor circuits have a PTC limit circuit sensor which detect temperature etc, it could be throttling the power to them until a pre set level is reached again  

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Could be the circuit for the motors in the controller. Most motor circuits have a PTC limit circuit sensor which detect temperature etc, it could be throttling the power to them until a pre set level is reached again  

That makes sense cause although I say half an hour..  I suffer severe insomnia so sometimes my sessions go on for days. I can do a whole season on 50% length in one sitting. 

So what is actually wrong with the handling in the first place? Personally on controller I’m enjoying the handling more than ever. I know people are expressing displeasure with the curbs, but that aside i think the handling is great.

does anybody know what is supposed to change?

• Agree 4
2 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

That makes sense cause although I say half an hour..  I suffer severe insomnia so sometimes my sessions go on for days. I can do a whole season on 50% length in one sitting. 

That cant be good for you or the console 😜

1 minute ago, Jobling1983 said:

So what is actually wrong with the handling in the first place? Personally on controller I’m enjoying the handling more than ever. I know people are expressing displeasure with the curbs, but that aside i think the handling is great.

does anybody know what is supposed to change?

I’m just guessing but by the amount off.. I can’t corner cause curds make me spin or fly or both. Posts.  I can only imagine it’s to make cars more forgiving 

24 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I’m just guessing but by the amount off.. I can’t corner cause curds make me spin or fly or both. Posts.  I can only imagine it’s to make cars more forgiving 

Maybe, maybe also to make the cars slower and more like real life laptime wise, but that would probably mean even less realistic high speed cornering but idk, gotta ask an esports guy for what has changed

28 minutes ago, Vince7099 said:

I wonder if they’ll even release a statement or anything on the matter, the amount of esports drivers and managers who have come out surely warrants an explanation. 

This game needs competition in the f1 world

Closest thing we’ll probably get is the upcoming IndyCar game from Motorsport Games, which coincidently features ex-Codies directors Paul Coleman (DiRT Rally) and Steve Hood (F1).  

NASCAR really isn’t my thing but I’m curiously following the direction they’re taking with their new game as it could give us an indication of what to expect with their other upcoming titles like BTCC and Le Mans as well. Also, buying out the dev team behind rFactor 2 to utilise their physics engine can’t be a bad move either.  Hopefully it pushes Codemasters/EA to up their game and release better products, which would surely mean a win-win for everyone.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

Closest thing we’ll probably get is the upcoming IndyCar game from Motorsport Games, which coincidently features ex-Codies directors Paul Coleman (DiRT Rally) and Steve Hood (F1).  

NASCAR really isn’t my thing but I’m curiously following the direction they’re taking with their new game as it could give us an indication of what to expect with their other upcoming titles like BTCC and Le Mans as well. Also, buying out the dev team behind rFactor 2 to utilise their physics engine can’t be a bad move either.  Hopefully it pushes Codemasters/EA to up their game and release better products, which would surely mean a win-win for everyone.

Seriously btcc?  Awesome.  

• Agree 1
16 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

Here is a good Dev Diary on how they are making the cars in Nascar '21.

33 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

F1 digital director looking into F1 simulation title alternative to official game  https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/21/f1-interested-in-offering-simulation-alternative-to-official-game/

(also looking forward to the BTCC game, lucky in the UK to have the best racing category in the world it destroys F1 for action and excitement)

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

F1 digital director looking into F1 simulation title alternative to official game  https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/21/f1-interested-in-offering-simulation-alternative-to-official-game/

(also looking forward to the BTCC game, lucky in the UK to have the best racing category in the world it destroys F1 for action and excitement)

Always thought codemasters after bringing us toca which was groundbreaking would have arc some point released another  British touring car. 

Hope they get the ai right.  Don’t care about what trees look like.  Don’t care if they put trees in.  Get the gameplay and ai spot on.  I’ll wet myself.🤘🇬🇧

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

The radio silence form codemasters on this is truly dissapointing but given their track record i'd say not entirely unexpected.

That’s what I’m really mad about. They never interacte with us, the players are never informed about any work on which areas of the bugs of the game will be fixed.

• Agree 3

As slow as they can be, im pretty sure the studio 397 team for rfactor could get work like this done quicker. I normally would protect codemasters about stuff like this with the they need to get the teams consent to change performance... but they've already given the build to esports. So this move can only be seen as a deliberate delay, what i cant figure out is why?

3 minutes ago, Jaketa said:

That’s what I’m really mad about. They never interacte with us, the players are never informed about any work on which areas of the bugs of the game will be fixed.

You and me and lots off others. it’s just industry Standard unfortunately 

No point making a bad situation worse by telling us what will be fixed and when. If they don’t know themselves 

2 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

As slow as they can be, im pretty sure the studio 397 team for rfactor could get work like this done quicker. I normally would protect codemasters about stuff like this with the they need to get the teams consent to change performance... but they've already given the build to esports. So this move can only be seen as a deliberate delay, what i cant figure out is why?

Because they need to train ai for the game that they didn’t need to do for esports 

• Agree 1

They have said themselves before that training the ai for a track can take almost a year on its own, therefore doing that for all the tracks would be impossible in the 2-3 months before public release. I'm not sure they really need to be retraining the ai. The ideal line should be the same. And none of this explains why not everyone gets the new handling model at the same time. that shouldnt change much at all on the ai side.

2 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

They have said themselves before that training the ai for a track can take almost a year on its own, therefore doing that for all the tracks would be impossible in the 2-3 months before public release. I'm not sure they really need to be retraining the ai. The ideal line should be the same. And none of this explains why not everyone gets the new handling model at the same time. that shouldnt change much at all on the ai side.

Maybe tweaking the ai only takes 2-3 months as you’ve said yourself the ideal lines should be the same.