Jump to content Jump to content

PETITION AGAINST CODEMASTERS AND THE HANDLING PATCH BEING RELEASED UNFAIRLY

Some AI would be needed in eSports if a driver disconnected, or had say a wheel fault. Arguably only at one AI level though.

Other possibilities for the original plan that I can think of include any or all of the following: only having sorted the patch on PC, just for the eSports specific wheels, or just for no assist drivers. 

Even still the lack of transparency on this and the fact we found out through some esports drivers who werent particuarly happy is dissapointing to say the least. For game that costs in excess of £50 I would expect at least for the option to be kept in the loop as to what was being done. Games like assetto corsa competizione and rfactor 2 manage to tell us.

12 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'll add that we want to be cautious about pushing for an earlier release of something that may not be ready, for all users anyway.

Tbf that’s what they did with the entire game lol

Edited by Vince7099
  • Haha 1

knowing codemasters? seems like to much effort for them to change anything else. Maybe they'll make the ai even quicker under sc at cota.

on the other hand... theres a chance that by taking the extra time this wont be half-baked.

Edited by smalls048
8 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    does this mean the handling is going to change and the Ai is going to be on rails , not making mistakes etc ?

Not likely lol, F1 2020 AI made plenty mistakes (minor) and the AI rebalancing is most likely referring to the car performance patch and the high speed bug

• Agree 1
10 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

knowing codemasters? seems like to much effort for them to change anything else. Maybe they'll make the ai even quicker under sc at cota.

on the other hand... theres a chance that by taking the extra time this wont be half-baked.

Patches/updates are never fully baked... as rebalancing one bit.  They never bother to fix the bit that gets knocked out of balance as a result   Fifa biggest culprit oh and cricket19... as I said I’m old love me some test cricket 

Edited by ScaredDuck
4 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Patches/updates are never fully baked... as rebalancing one bit.  They never bother to fix the bit that gets knocked out of balance as a result   Fifa biggest culprit oh and cricket19... as I said I’m old love me some test cricket 

Love me some Cricket19.  I'm terrible at choosing shots so I hope you're better than me at it. I'm usually skittled out quicker than India at Headingly in their first innings. 😂

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, RedEyeJedi93 said:

So are the esports guys not allowed to play the normal build ? if so that's a bit of a coincidence just a few days after some have been accused of using 3rd party software. Can the cheats be used on the esports build ?  

An eSports driver could play whatever they fancy but obviously what they'll want to do is practice on the version that will be used for the eSports races.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, RedEyeJedi93 said:

So are the esports guys not allowed to play the normal build ? if so that's a bit of a coincidence just a few days after some have been accused of using 3rd party software. Can the cheats be used on the esports build ?  

They obviously can, but it would be a stupid decision to.

6 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Love me some Cricket19.  I'm terrible at choosing shots so I hope you're better than me at it. I'm usually skittled out quicker than India at Headingly in their first innings. 😂

Way off topic... you have to work at it😃. In career I average just over 100.  But I’ve played this game to death.  And once you master timing your shot it’s all gravy