Jump to content Jump to content

Me Starting My Team (Car Sucks/Understeer Hell)

How car handles had slot to do with how you answer pre season questions in myteam... if you answered one off the questions stating you want traction coming out off the corners.  You get rear downforce upgrades.  Which gives horrible understeer. 

Whereas as if you answered you want car to be able to turn in on corners.  You get double front downforce upgrades.  Thereby reducing understeer

then you have you want car to be nimble through the corners you get chassis weight reduction and distribution upgrade.  Which gives a more balanced feel through the corners.

personally I answer two questions with slippery car and drag... gives minor and major drag upgrades.   Want car to turn in.  For two minor front downforce upgrades... then state chassis is my star department.  Giving me spec 1 chassis so I can get tyre upgrades quicker.

then select Mercedes engine as it’s quickest.. combined with aero options I chose... nothing gets past on the straights.  Or into the corners due to front downforce... can’t get past anything with decent aero on the straights until you upgrade drs

then in practice when you complete the objectives they are engine and durability biased it doesn’t take long to get r&d for them so cheap it doesn’t matter if they have a 40% failure chance as minor upgrades especially can be developed for less than 200 resource points

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
5 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

How car handles had slot to do with how you answer pre season questions in myteam... if you answered one off the questions stating you want traction coming out off the corners.  You get rear downforce upgrades.  Which gives horrible understeer. 

Whereas as if you answered you want car to be able to turn in on corners.  You get double front downforce upgrades.  Thereby reducing understeer

then you have you want car to be nimble through the corners you get chassis weight reduction and distribution upgrade.  Which gives a more balanced feel through the corners 

Yeah I answered Chassis on everything except ERS on one. I’ve added one front downforce upgrade and I’m in the walls everywhere on Baku. I’m horrible and this damn car isn’t helping one bit 😂

• Haha 1

First season off myteam I think due to next years real world rules.  Default selects aero department as parts you need to update towards end off season.   So I don’t invest anything in aero until second season.  Marketing, and durability( if using Mercedes) is where I prioritise facilities.  R&d chassis and durability.

this is fastest way I’ve found to get your car consistently good points competitive in season 2

second season I focus on aero as I havnt known myteam to pick aero two seasons running for end season updates.  

You think Baku is hard.  Weight till you get the triangle off hell(as I call it) in first season myteam... japan USA and Mexico. Curbs and varying speed left right sections are a real pain and not to mention ai has upgraded also

Edited by ScaredDuck
4 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

First season off myteam I think due to next years real world rules.  Default selects aero department as parts you need to update towards end off season.   So I don’t invest anything in aero until second season.  Marketing, and durability( if using Mercedes) is where I prioritise facilities.  R&d chassis and durability.

this is fastest way I’ve found to get your car consistently good points competitive in season 2

second season I focus on aero as I havnt known myteam to pick aero two seasons running for end season updates.  

You think Baku is hard.  Weight till you get the triangle off hell(as I call it) in first season myteam... japan USA and Mexico. Curbs and varying speed left right sections are a real pain and not to mention ai has upgraded also

Interesting way of playing the career! I already asked myself too, what kind of updates change the car handling most. In our coop career we felt fine with a minor frontwing upgrade of bahrain but for spain we made updates for front, rear and chassis. We had the feeling that the car was more difficult to drive. Our Team is ferrari. Maybe we should focus on one department at the time and don't bring as much upgrades as we can. It is interesting to know if you will be able to keep up with the others with progessed season! But maybe your way is the best way to bring the car to its limits without struggeling with every 2nd race changed handling. 

Edited by DonBlanko