Jump to content Jump to content

F2 driver growth and F1 driver growth/decline

I know most people won't have got that far by now but i'm two races from the end of Season 10.  (i'm just simming every race to show how 10 seasons of 100% races would pan out while waiting for the game to be at the level for starting a proper MyTeam... Spoiler alert, Mercedes dominate still until year 10).

Now, I thought i'd have a look at the driver market to see how drivers are getting on as I noticed Alonso was getting trounced by Italian ***** at McLaren every race. His pace stat was only 75 so there is decline in there, as well as Hamilton still being at Merc (still the best team) and being a midfield driver.  So I like that. I mean, it sucks to be those drivers as they decline as soon as you start MyTeam so they won't win anything unless they're Lewis.

However at this point 198 races in, Aitken is rated 82 which is the highest of the F2 drivers. Drugovich is second with 76.   This would be okay but Aitken has completed zero races and Drugo has done 18.

Armstrong has done 198 races and hasn't grown. Markelov, Shwartzman, Ticktum, Lundgaard, Piquet... all drivers who been there for years and I think they've grown by 3 OVR at most.

F1 drivers, on the other hand, all of them are late 90's. Max made it to 96EXP, 99PAC, 100RCR, 97AWA and 98OVR to be the best there has ever been but he retired after the most dominant period in F1 history.  Norris is currently the best but he's been trapped in Alfa Romeo hell since season 2/3 so never really got any points despite being second best statistically every year.  Giovinazzi is our current world champion-in-waiting and he's in the 90/91s. I think Schumacher is 92 rated despite never being anywhere near a challenge in a Red Bull. 

Basically, this is all leading to something needing to be done about F2 growth. All the F1 drivers are mid 90's and the F2 drivers are early 70's so the gulf in performance is far too big, especially after 10 seasons. Teams that have two F2 drivers are doomed, no matter how good the car. Teams that have two F1 drivers are near the front, even if the car is a dog. Teams that have 1 F1 driver and 1 F2 driver have one driver on 160-odd points and the other on 0. 

I can provide pictures when i'm back home to demonstrate this phenomenon, if necessary.  Just seeing if anyone has had similar issues if they've progressed a decent way into the game?

• Thanks 1

I've been wondering about this myself; I'm not very far along still but it's hard to motivate myself to play these days.

82 for the highest rated F2 guy is ridiculous. Lack of growth by the F2 guys is ridiculous. The best F2 guy never racing in F1 seems a little funny but it's honestly not that unrealistic.

6 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I know most people won't have got that far by now but i'm two races from the end of Season 10.  (i'm just simming every race to show how 10 seasons of 100% races would pan out while waiting for the game to be at the level for starting a proper MyTeam... Spoiler alert, Mercedes dominate still until year 10).

Now, I thought i'd have a look at the driver market to see how drivers are getting on as I noticed Alonso was getting trounced by Italian ***** at McLaren every race. His pace stat was only 75 so there is decline in there, as well as Hamilton still being at Merc (still the best team) and being a midfield driver.  So I like that. I mean, it sucks to be those drivers as they decline as soon as you start MyTeam so they won't win anything unless they're Lewis.

However at this point 198 races in, Aitken is rated 82 which is the highest of the F2 drivers. Drugovich is second with 76.   This would be okay but Aitken has completed zero races and Drugo has done 18.

Armstrong has done 198 races and hasn't grown. Markelov, Shwartzman, Ticktum, Lundgaard, Piquet... all drivers who been there for years and I think they've grown by 3 OVR at most.

F1 drivers, on the other hand, all of them are late 90's. Max made it to 96EXP, 99PAC, 100RCR, 97AWA and 98OVR to be the best there has ever been but he retired after the most dominant period in F1 history.  Norris is currently the best but he's been trapped in Alfa Romeo hell since season 2/3 so never really got any points despite being second best statistically every year.  Giovinazzi is our current world champion-in-waiting and he's in the 90/91s. I think Schumacher is 92 rated despite never being anywhere near a challenge in a Red Bull. 

Basically, this is all leading to something needing to be done about F2 growth. All the F1 drivers are mid 90's and the F2 drivers are early 70's so the gulf in performance is far too big, especially after 10 seasons. Teams that have two F2 drivers are doomed, no matter how good the car. Teams that have two F1 drivers are near the front, even if the car is a dog. Teams that have 1 F1 driver and 1 F2 driver have one driver on 160-odd points and the other on 0. 

I can provide pictures when i'm back home to demonstrate this phenomenon, if necessary.  Just seeing if anyone has had similar issues if they've progressed a decent way into the game?

Haven't gotten that far myself since I've already migrated back to F1 2020, I'm just a bit tired of the current inferior calendar.

But based on some personal experience in 2020, some F2 drivers are actually quite competitive despite their stats shown onscreen were no where near the F1 drivers. One example was Jordan King in Mercedes after Lewis retired, he literally made Super-Bottas wiped the floor in his first season despite the past 3 seasons was completely dominated by the Flying Finn.

I'm not entirely sure what was the cause of it, but it probably shows just how unreliable and meaningless those numbers really are.

Edited by DRTApophis
2 hours ago, diderooy said:

I've been wondering about this myself; I'm not very far along still but it's hard to motivate myself to play these days.

82 for the highest rated F2 guy is ridiculous. Lack of growth by the F2 guys is ridiculous. The best F2 guy never racing in F1 seems a little funny but it's honestly not that unrealistic.

De Vries may get his shot 3 years late! (I still think that's unlikely but the poor guy can't do much else!)

I don't know if Aitken would have been higher if he'd actually competed in some seasons?  I progressed from the end of Brazil to the start of Australia and they've dropped again. Aitken leads with 81, Drugo second on 75 and Shwarty third on 72.  No idea why they've all dropped a point.  Mazepin is 79 rated as an F1 driver, Schumi is now 90 and Tsunoda is 91.

So even in the space of a fortnight, they're going weird and dropping. 

2 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Haven't gotten that far myself since I've already migrated back to F1 2020, I'm just a bit tired of the current inferior calendar.

But based on some personal experience in 2020, some F2 drivers are actually quite competitive despite their stats shown onscreen were no where near the F1 drivers. One example was Jordan King in Mercedes after Lewis retired, he literally made Super-Bottas wiped the floor in his first season despite the past 3 seasons was completely dominated by the Flying Finn.

I'm not entirely sure what was the cause of it, but it probably shows just how unreliable and meaningless those numbers really are.

I am literally just coasting until the three new tracks come out.  I think most of the little bugs will be resolved by that time and it'll be good to go.   I tried going back to F1 2020 but it felt like a betrayal like i'd lost faith. 😕

I did have some competitive drivers in F1 2020. De Vries was always pretty handy, Aitken could do it on a good day and Hubert really shone.  I've not seen that level so far as in season 10, Zhou is the only F2 driver to score points... and he got 12... in a Merc which is still the fastest car. 

The other 8 F2 drivers (and Mazepin) haven't scored one solitary point.   In the interest of fairness Mick has 207 points this season in a Red Bull and Perez has 83 points. So, he's got it...  but he is an F1 driver.

I think, for a change, the numbers actually do mean something this year, and despite (last year) saying I wanted them to actually mean something important, I actually wish they didn't this time around!   Be careful what you wish for, I guess.  

• Like 1
18 hours ago, diderooy said:

I was like that with last year's game  . After buying every game on release . I just lost motivation in my self to play it . And even when this year game cane out it took is a few weeks . To give it a go . Started with breaking point . And Im enjoying it once again . Hopefully the do more off that in the future . As just racing round for ten seasons . Every year . Gets real boring . With out any meaningful achievements . For me with breaking point . It's one of there best 

I can understand some F2 drivers hardly progressing such as Nissany or samaia, but i do thing the “better” F2 drivers should grow a lot more than what they do, someone like Shwartzman should be about 82 or so rated by the end of S2-S3 imo. Still i think the biggest setback for the overall of F2 drivers is their experience