Jump to content Jump to content

So drivers can alter fuel modes in 2021 but we can't in game


Recommended Posts

Interesting the fuel mix was removed from the game but in real life the drivers can alter fuel mix during the race. They were removed from the game to not alter engine power but burning/saving fuel can be disconnected from performance in real life.

It would be useful in game to do if you have too much fuel in the race or do not have enough in the race 

@BarryBL Could we get fuel mix back like real life?

 

 

Screenshot 2021-08-27 at 11.37.19.png

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Interesting the fuel mix was removed from the game but in real life the drivers can alter fuel mix during the race. They were removed from the game to not alter engine power but burning/saving fuel can be disconnected from performance in real life.

It would be useful in game to do if you have too much fuel in the race or do not have enough in the race 

@BarryBL Could we get fuel mix back like real life?

 

 

Screenshot 2021-08-27 at 11.37.19.png

Hmm I am not sure if that is true. On german magizines there was written, that Vettel had a failure of one of his comeponents which made him lost some fuel in the race. Thats why their fuel calculation was different to the real amount of fuel left in the car. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

Hmm I am not sure if that is true. On german magizines there was written, that Vettel had a failure of one of his comeponents which made him lost some fuel in the race. Thats why their fuel calculation was different to the real amount of fuel left in the car. 

According to sky tv today they spoke to the head Aston engineer this morning at the Belgian GP, who confirmed it was in fuel burn mode. Remember you can burn extra fuel in an engine without making it any more 'powerful' it is to do with the fuel mixture of how efficient it is, too much makes it less efficient therefore not increasing engine power etc

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, there should be the ability to change the fuel mix in a higher mode in the race. There are many examples in the last months, that drivers are still able to change the engine mode/Power during the race.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jaketa said:

In my opinion, there should be the ability to change the fuel mix in a higher mode in the race. There are many examples in the last months, that drivers are still able to change the engine mode/Power during the race.

A lot of that is down to changing ers deployment strategies which we cannot do in the game, as we are limited to just the overtake button. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jaketa said:

In my opinion, there should be the ability to change the fuel mix in a higher mode in the race. There are many examples in the last months, that drivers are still able to change the engine mode/Power during the race.

 I am happy with standard and Overtake mode. In f1 2019 you often switch almost every corner your engine mode and this was getting quiet annoying. Next to it, opponents were saving energy behind you with help of drs and waited till the end for overtaking. This was not good Racing. Now you have just one defense/attacking button. You can focus more on racing than on switching the mode every corner. Especially ers modes were quiet annoying. 

  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Modern F1 engine modes govern the control parameters of the internal combustion engine and the energy recovery systems.

It’s the ICE side that’s been targeted here. That means the settings that change fuel flow, air pressure, ignition timing – all the things that relate to the combustion process.

From Monza, teams will now have to use one engine map from the start of qualifying to the end of the race.

There are exceptions for specific circumstances, such as the formation lap, laps under safety car conditions, and laps that are purposely at a very slow pace – the in-lap after the end of a race, or the out-lap in qualifying, for example."

https://the-race.com/formula-1/everything-you-need-to-know-about-f1s-party-mode-ban/

The OPs article must of lost something in translation. AM has already said it was sensor failure. 

Also regarding simulation settings... Did anyone see Alonsos helmet cam footage at Spa today? He must of made 10 changes to the entry, mid, exit diff settings. People on controllers asking for real life settings would be pretty upset if they had to play around with that on a Controller while steering. Careful what u wish for lol. 

Edited by ChicagoSeminole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe i didn’t understand it correct, but what’s the benefit of a fuel burn mode without changing power outcome? I don’t really feel a big difference if i have 5kg less or more. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Maybe i didn’t understand it correct, but what’s the benefit of a fuel burn mode without changing power outcome? I don’t really feel a big difference if i have 5kg less or more. 

I guess 5kg in a f1 race where the finest margins could make  difference off a position or two.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carrying extra load definitely impacts lap times. I just don't think that feature would see too much frequent usage.

Assuming that's indeed a feature. There has been a discussion on Reddit yesterday following this translation of the German article. So far the community seems to think that the "fuel burn" mode was just a way of saying for the team asking Vettel to rev his engine high and burn that extra fuel. As of now, outside of those scenarios like following SC etc, the ICE cannot change its engine mappings, ignition tables and fuel flow that impacts performance.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, marioho said:

Carrying extra load definitely impacts lap times. I just don't think that feature would see too much frequent usage.

Assuming that's indeed a feature. There has been a discussion on Reddit yesterday following this translation of the German article. So far the community seems to think that the "fuel burn" mode was just a way of saying for the team asking Vettel to rev his engine high and burn that extra fuel. As of now, outside of those scenarios like following SC etc, the ICE cannot change its engine mappings, ignition tables and fuel flow that impacts performance.

I didn’t see all the race at baku... and like you say.. can’t see much use for fuel burn mode... but I would assume the team done the numbers and burning off the extra fuel would benefit his finishing position chances...  see no sense doing it if there was no race benefits... as increased revving will be detrimental to the engine

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2021 at 12:22 PM, TomAAA said:

According to sky tv today they spoke to the head Aston engineer this morning at the Belgian GP, who confirmed it was in fuel burn mode. Remember you can burn extra fuel in an engine without making it any more 'powerful' it is to do with the fuel mixture of how efficient it is, too much makes it less efficient therefore not increasing engine power etc

Having access to a fuel burn mode would be great, but if it’s not a thing IRL then fair enough.

Since they removed the results screen from the race strategy program I have no idea how much fuel I need in the car for a race - as such I go with the recommendation, because I do not want to risk under-fueling the car. But, as I do use off-throttle/ coasting a fair amount, I often find I am way over-fueled (usually 1-2 laps, circuit dependent, on 25% races) - how much I can cut back on this I do not know, and that’s valuable time I’m missing out on.

The recommended fuel calculation is seems to be the same as 2020, in that it gave you a bit extra if you wanted to use Rich fuel mix. But it needs to be adjusted since we don’t have fuel modes any more.

Just bring back the results screen in the race practice program like we used to have please.

1969CE50-CF2A-48E3-8111-1C7D78717645.jpeg

Edited by Monzie83
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

Having access to a fuel burn mode would be great.

Since they removed the results screen from the race strategy program I have no idea how much fuel I need in the car for a race - as such I go with the recommendation, but as I do use off-throttle/ coasting a fair amount, I often find I am way over-fueled (usually 1-2 laps, circuit dependent). How much I can cut back on this I do not know, and that’s valuable time I’m missing out on.

Or just bring back the results screen in the race practice program like we used to have.

1969CE50-CF2A-48E3-8111-1C7D78717645.jpeg

On occasion accepting default fuel for race ive found myself lifting and coasting from mid race.   But when I put in an extra half lap off fuel I find myself +2 by the end off the race... in practice race sim I now increase rear wing angle by a couple to increase drag.  Which so far seems to have done the trick. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

Or just bring back the results screen in the race practice program like we used to have.

1969CE50-CF2A-48E3-8111-1C7D78717645.jpeg

This.

To add a "fuel burn" mode that it's not even clear that actually exists would just needlessly complicate things further. I'm all for simulating aspects of the sport, but this is just hearsay from a machine-translated German article.

The current understanding is the same depicted in yesterday's piece from Scarborough on F1 official channel. A malfunctioning of the air pump ending up pumping fuel fumes out of the tank.

If the game properly introduced engine mappings like the ones we have in other sim racers and we could go all the logical steps up to having a fuel burn mode that doesn't bypass the engine modes' ban, than ok. Indeed the teams play with their engine maps all the weekend up to the parc ferme lock on Saturday. Otherwise it's trying to fix a mechanical watch with garage tools. 

Just give us back a proper way to tinker with our race strategies.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...