Jump to content Jump to content

Logitech G29 - PS5

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the force feedback on their logitech g29 for ps5? At present have the force feedback at 130 just to get a feel of it which worked well in 2020.

What I often find is a delay between the movement/oversteer of the car to when the force feedback hits. I am aware the G29 is the most cost friendly wheel out there but to have this delay makes it very difficult to drive, particularly with the tyre physics in f12021.

Appreciate any feedback from fellow users.

Cheers

Not a wheel user and I’m sure some will be along... but your not alone.  Think a lot off wheel users off all types are having ffb issues on ps5 

if you look in support section I think you’ll find a thread or two

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2021 at 11:24 AM, Force Osborne said:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the force feedback on their logitech g29 for ps5? At present have the force feedback at 130 just to get a feel of it which worked well in 2020.

What I often find is a delay between the movement/oversteer of the car to when the force feedback hits. I am aware the G29 is the most cost friendly wheel out there but to have this delay makes it very difficult to drive, particularly with the tyre physics in f12021.

Cheers

Try to play on F1 2021 Ps4 Version of the game

On 8/27/2021 at 11:24 AM, Force Osborne said:

Hi all,

Cheers

That's the wheel I use. I also played F1 2020 on PS4 and PS5, and F1 2021 on PS5 and haven't noticed any difference at all with the wheel.

The difference i've noticed is that F1 2021 requires a better handling of brake and throttle pedals as the cars have less downforce but that is just about learning these new cars.

I've noticed a difference between 2020 and 2021 (PS4/PS5 respectively) but I put it down to it just being a slightly different handling model as @dancrodrigues mentioned.

Problem I have, and I imagine you all do as well is that it's an incredibly noisy wheel when going over bumps etc. which makes it unusable in the evenings when everyone has gone to bed... anyone got any good settings for subduing the racket? GT Sport is super quiet by comparison! 

32 minutes ago, custard666 said:

I've noticed a difference between 2020 and 2021 (PS4/PS5 respectively) but I put it down to it just being a slightly different handling model as @dancrodrigues mentioned.

Problem I have, and I imagine you all do as well is that it's an incredibly noisy wheel when going over bumps etc. which makes it unusable in the evenings when everyone has gone to bed... anyone got any good settings for subduing the racket? GT Sport is super quiet by comparison! 

I believe this is due to the g29's built itself - a friend of mine has a Thrustmaster wheel and it's way more silent - except for the fan going crazy after 30 minutes of gameplay.

The way I found to fix this is to have 2 different settings for the feedback: one regular and one silent, in which I turn off "rumble strip effects" and "off track effects".