Jump to content Jump to content

Please test this game before release next time


Recommended Posts

Im fed up. Disapointed. Let down.

How is it posibble to win races and being absolutely of pace in the same two seasons with the same team performance with the same difficulty? Which is 103 - 105. Below mid field team.

What the hell are those kerbs? You run them numerous laps fine and then the game decides ,,hmmm, what about killing this dudes race right now for no reason?" The best example might be the exit of turn 9 in Spain.

What the hell is wrong with the AI? Rocket speed in high speed corners and parking the bus in slow speed corners?

Why am I almost every weekend about 1-2 tenths around my team mate in quali and then giving him a 1-1,5 sec a lap in race?

How am I supposed to know if my pace is good, when I finish almost every training session around points positions and then being so much of pace in quali?

 

Yes boys, I know what Im doing. Im racing on wheel for years, making my own setups in Assetto and iRacing. Yeah, Im stable in top 3-5% in time trials on F1 games since 2013. No, Im not emotional, just want to let you know what I think as a long time fan of this franchise. I just dont get it, why paying this much money for a game that is almost the same as last year? What has changed? Maybe a driving model. For a ***** 60€ you get completely new games or half a gram of cocaine. And by games I mean AAA games. Defintely not happy this year boys, please dont be like Fifa

  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Suprmagicmarcel said:

Im fed up. Disapointed. Let down.

How is it posibble to win races and being absolutely of pace in the same two seasons with the same team performance with the same difficulty? Which is 103 - 105. Below mid field team.

What the hell are those kerbs? You run them numerous laps fine and then the game decides ,,hmmm, what about killing this dudes race right now for no reason?" The best example might be the exit of turn 9 in Spain.

What the hell is wrong with the AI? Rocket speed in high speed corners and parking the bus in slow speed corners?

Why am I almost every weekend about 1-2 tenths around my team mate in quali and then giving him a 1-1,5 sec a lap in race?

How am I supposed to know if my pace is good, when I finish almost every training session around points positions and then being so much of pace in quali?

 

Yes boys, I know what Im doing. Im racing on wheel for years, making my own setups in Assetto and iRacing. Yeah, Im stable in top 3-5% in time trials on F1 games since 2013. No, Im not emotional, just want to let you know what I think as a long time fan of this franchise. I just dont get it, why paying this much money for a game that is almost the same as last year? What has changed? Maybe a driving model. For a ***** 60€ you get completely new games or half a gram of cocaine. And by games I mean AAA games. Defintely not happy this year boys, please dont be like Fifa

😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ai in high speed corner yes I agree they are bugged . Fast right hander in sector 2 at spa is good example just completely flat for them so they pull 4 tenths plus every lap . 

Kerbs I disagree the game doesn't just decide this lap we going to xxxx him up . You have hit the kerb wrong or gone over it carrying to much speed and this year it very unforgiving . Is it realistic ? Much more than last year but a argument that a few are bit to much . But I've done many laps at Spain and never had a spin that wasn't me taking to much kerb ie my error...

 

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Ai in high speed corner yes I agree they are bugged . Fast right hander in sector 2 at spa is good example just completely flat for them so they pull 4 tenths plus every lap . 

Kerbs I disagree the game doesn't just decide this lap we going to xxxx him up . You have hit the kerb wrong or gone over it carrying to much speed and this year it very unforgiving . Is it realistic ? Much more than last year but a argument that a few are bit to much . But I've done many laps at Spain and never had a spin that wasn't me taking to much kerb ie my error...

 

Just give it a go in differnt games, mate or better on a sim like Assetto, mate. I swear you can run that kerb on a concrete block setup and you wont spit your beer 😄 On F1 2021 my wheel is having a stroke like 8.0 earhtquake magnitude just runnig it to the end with jello setup

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know exactly what you're talking about, mate. AI is just so incredibly inconsistent and unbalanced that I'm struggling to find any real reference point for my own performance level. I'm gonna try some more things tomorrow, but I'm afraid I'm just about done with this game.

F1 2020 had some wrinkles in this aspect as well, but not to this extent, not even close. I struggled a little at a couple of tracks, but generally I could run 95 AI throughout and be more or less consistent. Not the case anymore. Now the difficulty swings back and forth by a dozen points or even more. Not to mention AI's inconsistency between different sessions of the same weekend. And their grip through high speed corners. And their horrendous tyre wear. These are not wrinkles anymore, these are canyons and mountains.

As I see it, the enjoyment I'm able to get from any single player content is by definition reliant on AI almost completely, so... yeah, not enjoying the game much right now.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have acc and done many races around Spain and I know the kerb you talking about . But slightly different you traveling a fair bit slower in a GT3 car when you run over that kerb etc so it not really the same . I agree by the way that kerb can be deadly I have span many times off it but I've also done it right many times . My experience is if you go to far on it and not coming off throttle it will just unsetle the car and as I said it very unforgiving game so unlikely you will catch it in time hence you  spin if you just slightly wrong . Personally I'll take that over just flying over kerbs with zero regard and zero consecences as was case In 20. And you play acc so you will know that has similar kerbs like this ,kylami, Silverstone, Monza , mount panorama, they similar if you go over them wrong you pay a high price ... I'm all for it .. Like I said potentially a few slightly to much but they no were near as bad as people are making out ....

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@CityGhostGamer strange as I'm actually kind of the opposite I started on 97 ai down from 101 from last year . And now in up to 100 everywhere except zandervort as that is truly broken ... But I'm not seeing this massive swing from track to track issue thankfully had enough of that rubbish in pc2 that literary had seconds difference between qualifying and race just unplayable. But yes there grip is just ridiculous especially in wet just completely on rails and as you say high speed corners you just can't match them 

Edited by Naxlr
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly it isn't worth wasting our time with this stuff anymore. They simply don't care enough to give a proper response other than a copy paste reply about reporting a bug because they don't actually test the game themselves. The fact that it now apparently takes 3 months to fix a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place says it all. Countless amount of game breaking bugs all over the forums and then a patch comes out fixing such small issues barely anyone has seen before, which makes you wonder why we should bother. Plenty of issues from the beta tests that just went ignored as well. I understand we had covid to deal with but there's no restrictions in the UK anymore so should be flat out actually fixing the game, not taking multiple months to correct issues that have been fixed within days of release in the past. Said it before but we essentially paid full price to QA test a game only for them to not really listen anyway.

No communication with the community either which just makes everything worse. The statement about the new handling model just confirmed it exists and they don't intend on fixing the colossal mess they've just made. Got a staff member making jokes about it which just shows how much they care. Used to love the F1 games and have league raced every year since 2016 but entire leagues are just dying because of how stupid the release of this game is. To say it's a let down is an understatement. 

Convinced at this point F1 2021 was just made for Braking Point and nothing else. It's mostly what all the casuals are interested in and that's most of the player base unfortunately. The sooner they realise how big esports is, the better. I seriously hope they're putting all resources into 2022 with the new cars or else that's going to be even more of a mess.

Edited by ProvableTerror
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ProvableTerror said:

I understand we had covid to deal with but there's no restrictions in the UK anymore so should be flat out actually fixing the game

For people outside the UK I'll just say that this doesn't reflect reality in most UK workplaces, where COVID related safety measures are still prudent and so still generally being followed even if not legally mandated any more. Also, staff absence due to people isolating due to either having COVID or a close contact having it is still a significant factor.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Suprmagicmarcel said:

why paying this much money for a game that is almost the same as last year? What has changed?

Braking Point, 2 Player Career, the damage model, handling/physics, Quick Practice, R&D structure, and improved performance on the new consoles. You may not like or be interested in any of this but lots has changed. I'd actually suggest that the bug situation is if anything a reflection of too much changing not too little. A less ambitious programme of changes would have made introducing new issues less likely and given more time to testing and fixing issues found.

Kerbs my gut feeling is we just need to drive accordingly. The AI performance issue is something it really does seem they're working on but I can understand isn't a quick fix. 

For me the biggest problem that I struggle to understand is the poor online multiplayer performance. 

Edit: oh, and there are of course 3 new tracks being worked on.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Braking Point, 2 Player Career, the damage model, handling/physics, Quick Practice, R&D structure, and improved performance on the new consoles. You may not like or be interested in any of this but lots has changed. I'd actually suggest that the bug situation is if anything a reflection of too much changing not too little. A less ambitious programme of changes would have made introducing new issues less likely and given more time to testing and fixing issues found.

Kerbs my gut feeling is we just need to drive accordingly. The AI performance issue is something it really does seem they're working on but I can understand isn't a quick fix. 

For me the biggest problem that I struggle to understand is the poor online multiplayer performance. 

Edit: oh, and there are of course 3 new tracks being worked on.

'it's almost the same as last year' is such a strange argument, of course it is, it's an F1 game, how much change do you expect. Guess what, F1 is almost the same as last year as well. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KNT2011 said:

'it's almost the same as last year' is such a strange argument, of course it is, it's an F1 game, how much change do you expect. Guess what, F1 is almost the same as last year as well. 

Come on dude it should be like cod... every year should be different era... at least... these developers just no imagination.

on a cod note:... I hate that vanguard is sucking me in. 

  • Disagree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Come on dude it should be like cod... every year should be different era... at least... these developers just no imagination.

on a cod note:... I hate that vanguard is sucking me in. 

Actually that would interest me very much. 

On COD, I know a lot of people knock it but I actually think they do a great job year on year to deliver a new experience. Vanguard looks excellent though as mostly a single player campaign guy, it's always too expensive to justify buying at launch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

For people outside the UK I'll just say that this doesn't reflect reality in most UK workplaces, where COVID related safety measures are still prudent and so still generally being followed even if not legally mandated any more. Also, staff absence due to people isolating due to either having COVID or a close contact having it is still a significant factor.

Fair enough but we’re getting past the point of that being used as an excuse anyway. They had 4 months before release to get the car performance correct and we’re still waiting 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Actually that would interest me very much. 

On COD, I know a lot of people knock it but I actually think they do a great job year on year to deliver a new experience. Vanguard looks excellent though as mostly a single player campaign guy, it's always too expensive to justify buying at launch. 

You know what as I was typing that post I was thinking hmmm actually that sounds awesome... i have awesome ideas.

see see I’m a single player campaign guy also... i was once in the top 5000 online bad company 2 players... but that was one off the games that started introducing in game purchases and then the whole pay to win flood gates opened. And really turned me off online.  And only played offline since then...  black ops 2 campaign I loved I played the campaign so many times.  Completed every challenge. Was gutted black ops 4 didn’t have campaign... but then black ops Cold War was all things to me... my era growing up I was awesome woo hoo let’s blow stuff up... only to find I spent more time reading intel reports.  ***

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

You know what as I was typing that post I was thinking hmmm actually that sounds awesome... i have awesome ideas.

see see I’m a single player campaign guy also... i was once in the top 5000 online bad company 2 players... but that was one off the games that started introducing in game purchases and then the whole pay to win flood gates opened. And really turned me off online.  And only played offline since then...  black ops 2 campaign I loved I played the campaign so many times.  Completed every challenge. Was gutted black ops 4 didn’t have campaign... but then black ops Cold War was all things to me... my era growing up I was awesome woo hoo let’s blow stuff up... only to find I spent more time reading intel reports.  ***

You’re aware this is the Codemasters forums yeah?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ProvableTerror said:

Fair enough but we’re getting past the point of that being used as an excuse anyway. They had 4 months before release to get the car performance correct and we’re still waiting 

Covid is no excuse... it’s easy to say that if your not directly effected by it...  you don’t know as no one knows what effects it’s had on cm staff... I know what effects it’s had on my family and I don’t wish that on anyone

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ProvableTerror said:

Honestly it isn't worth wasting our time with this stuff anymore. They simply don't care enough to give a proper response other than a copy paste reply about reporting a bug because they don't actually test the game themselves.

This is the thing that ****** me off the most, to be honest. I paid full 60 euros, got a broken game, and now I have to do their job for them, test the game, identify the issues, register on the forums and fill out BS report forms in order for the devs to be aware that those issues even exist because they can't be bothered to do any testing themselves? Get in the bin!

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CityGhostGamer said:

This is the thing that ****** me off the most, to be honest. I paid full 60 euros, got a broken game, and now I have to do their job for them, test the game, identify the issues, register on the forums and fill out BS report forms in order for the devs to be aware that those issues even exist because they can't be bothered to do any testing themselves? Get in the bin!

I agree with everything you’ve just said except for putting it in the bin.

ive posted many many times exactly what you’ve said.  I actually really like the game However. except for a major issue that was resolved I’ve not encountered anything other than minor bugs

But am sick to death off unfinished games.  I hate that the end user is used by all developers to do their bug  finding for them that should be done pre release. And I’ve flatly refused to fill in the bug report form unless I get payed for it

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScaredDuck said:

I actually really like the game However. except for a major issue that was resolved I’ve not encountered anything other than minor bugs

I'm happy for you, really. But in my book the game is worse than 2020 in every single aspect except maybe physics, and even that is debatable. The overall amount of frustration I experience while playing vastly outweighs any enjoyment I manage to find. So yeah, to the bin with it. I've got dozens more games I can play on my ps5, no reason to put up with all of this. Except for the money spent on it, of course. Next year I'm gonna wait several months before buying to see how everything shapes up.

Edited by CityGhostGamer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...