Jump to content Jump to content

Watching classification on Spa....

• LocoVarrido changed the title to Watching classification on Spa....

Really? I am currently watching it too and got the exact opposite impression. Even Norris getting two wheels in the air after riding the kerbs too aggressively felt relatable.

That and drivers avoiding the Campus kerbs (T13 or T14, the left one).

15 minutes ago, marioho said:

Really? I am currently watching it too and got the exact opposite impression. Even Norris getting two wheels in the air after riding the kerbs too aggressively felt relatable.

That and drivers avoiding the Campus kerbs (T13 or T14, the left one).

In the game two wheels in the air means you are on the moon!!!!!

• Disagree 3
5 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

I acutally ride those kerbs in game 🤣

The trick is to lift the throttle the moment right before the front tire touches the kerbs.

The game seems to benefit the kinda driving style Riccardo uses, "roll the speed into the corner", instead of aggressively rotating the car by doing hard late braking.

• Agree 4

Half-expecting a few comments to say that they empathise more with what Norris was doing at Eau Rouge than he was doing than what he was doing at the bus stop.  Spinning more than the Haas drivers will probably be a trophy in F1 2022 and poor Norris did it in one corner, but at least he's okay.  

Watching this qualifying session does highlight the level of skill the drivers have, which the game will always find it hard to replicate. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

The trick is to lift the throttle the moment right before the front tire touches the kerbs.

The game seems to benefit the kinda driving style Riccardo uses, "roll the speed into the corner", instead of aggressively rotating the car by doing hard late braking.

So... I have to drive like Ricciardo to play the game without spinning(?)

Edited by LocoVarrido
4 minutes ago, LocoVarrido said:

So... I have to drive like Ricciardo to play the game without spinning?

If you like attacking the kerbs, that is. 

This year's physics is definitely designed to try to eliminate the E-Sport line.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

If you like attacking the kerbs, that is. 

This year's physics is definitely designed to try to eliminate the E-Sport line.

Maybe it is a lit bit unrealistic!!!! This topic is about the comparison of what Lando was doing in real life and what I can do in the game!!!!

Edited by LocoVarrido
  • Haha 2

Haha @Ialyrn it depends on my line. If I screw up and come to it with too much steering I need to ease off, so I prefer try to skirt it. But easing off the throttle does the trick ok.

@LocoVarrido Ricciardo drivers like Verstappen and plenty of others: want a stable platform when going through corners. Norris used to be more like that, but he's long enough at McLaren to have learned to adapt to that car's idiosyncrasies. 

You can be aggressive on the braking just fine in this game. As long as you manage to control the car and read the feedback correctly to counteract whatever is going on - too much pitching? Inside losing traction? Outside losing traction?

You can correct it all with your inputs. That's one of the things sim racers have been saying about this year's game, how you can finally catch spins etc.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Bummed with my man Lando ending his impeccable qually this way, but rewatching the clips caught Brundle saying this gem.

The throttle pedal goes two ways.

Applicable to a multitude of scenarios we see in this forum every day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
13 minutes ago, marioho said:

Bummed with my man Lando ending his impeccable qually this way, but rewatching the clips caught Brundle saying this gem.

Landoooo😭

not my day today... getting picked on by a troll,  daughter spending a ton off money cause I quote ‘pleeeease daddy I neeed it’ and my inability to say no to her and now this

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, marioho said:

Yeah, terrible ending for Lando. Looked like he had the pace to challenge for pole. Looks like he’s ok but haven’t heard the results of his elbow X-ray. Hopefully nothing fractured. 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, DRTApophis said:

(Just saw Russell in P2)

Honestly, where did this man managed to drag out so much speed from that Williams?? 

Still havnt seen the highlights still but that’s awesome.  Really wish I didn’t look on this thread now. But bored waiting for highlights.  Really like Russell as a driver but after he made a plonker of himself at imola after going mental at bottas. Did make me dislike him alittle

• Agree 2
4 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

(Just saw Russell in P2)

Honestly, where did this man managed to drag out so much speed from that Williams?? 

Williams played it pretty smart IMO. Saved a set of inters for Q3, only fueled for one hot lap, waited to do 1 all in run at the end of Q3 with track evolution at its max and Russell being Russell. Just a great lap that even had the wife jumping up and down for Russell and Williams.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights. Wow! I feel for Lando but seeing George put his Williams in P2 is just stunning!

(On the game front, shame I'm still far to easily capable of a Landoesque spin at Eau Rouge in the dry.)

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Just watched the highlights. Wow! I feel for Lando but seeing George put his Williams in P2 is just stunning!

(On the game front, shame I'm still far to easily capable of a Landoesque spin at Eau Rouge in the dry.)

You and me both... but think I’ve cracked it...  I now scrub abit off speed well before... so I can then accelerate all the way up the hill... getting higher speeds through the speed trap and first sector times are pretty muchthe same

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1