Jump to content Jump to content

Initial first impression off 1.08

Done half dozen laps in practice.  And everything just seems alittle sharper, alittle crisper and a little more eager  from graphics, ffb and handling and no rain.. please let this be the norm and not just a random occurrence.

if it is cause off the patch,  I like it 

but fool me once shame on you fool me twice it’ll be a shame when I throw my controller through my new tv

I think might the patch I on purposely tried to get the car to spin on the hairpin before the first long straight at France.  I mounted the curbs with hard lock and lifted off and get wouldn’t let go.  

So now devs prepare for the wrath off the ‘I love big curbs’🎼 Fanatics 

Edited by ScaredDuck
Posted (edited)

Yes and it’s not in sound and video it’s in game defaults. You have to turn that to performance for a game to run on 120

handling feels more like last year,  it’s more planted. But rotates abit easier.

think they  have definitely aired on the side off caution.  I like a stiff car but this year hadt to go loads softer.  But now If this isn’t just a freak one off.  I’m pretty confident i can go stiffer and less downforce Which is to be expected 

for such a small patch had done so much.. menus no longer burning my eyes.  And the graphics even look 4K to my useless old wonky eyes... I can put off going to options for abit longer

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Disagree 1
16 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Yes and it’s not in sound and video it’s in game defaults. You have to turn that to performance for a game to run on 120

handling feels more like last year,  it’s more planted. But rotates abit easier

There is definitely a setting where I said. I double-checked before I posted. I have a feeling it might not have been there in launch firmware so if you were googling for info. on how to do this it may have predated the change. You may need the game setting to default to performance as well, I'm not sure.

I've used the setting I mentioned to switch between 60 and 120 Hz, as confirmed on my TV. I asked as some of what you posted sounded like a frame rate difference effect...

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1

In display on ps5 my setting is auto or 60.

when I started cod Cold War it wouldn’t let me change from 60 - 120.  And I know my tv is 120 and cod runs 120. On ps5 manual it says to run 120 you have to change default in the ps5 game default options 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm rather doubtful there was really a handling update in the patch by the way but I haven't played with it yet. 

More than likely it’s to do with graphics and framerate and also controller ffb feels better.  Those could definitely make handling more manageable 

sorry if i came across abrupt about changing the game default.  I was implying I was right you was wrong.  I’m trying to multi task.  But I’m just a man and a man can only do one thing at a time.  And still that one thing is more awesome than all the multitude off tasks women can do at once 

Edited by ScaredDuck
48 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm rather doubtful there was really a handling update in the patch by the way but I haven't played with it yet. 

How big is the update? The last one was 10gb.

Posted (edited)

I promise you will notice.  From When I was on earlier today.  I have not touched or changed anything other than install the latest patch.  And since then everything is a little better.  Although gasley gave me a hard hit and my underside is damaged and the car is handling like it was before 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Disagree 1
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

Actually I have changed something that could explain handling.  I turned off the consoles Bluetooth. And hardwired the controller 

That could definitely improve responsiveness 🙂.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Sorry totally forgot.  Actually did it while I was double checking what menu the performance setting was on 😁

All within a a few square feet I have a ps3, PS4, ps4pro,. Ps5 and Sound bar and subwoofer( that’s as far away as I can get it. Don’t want a huge magnet next to ps5) untold controllers what all work except the left stick(I don’t have and finesse in my thumbs) and lastly my tv.  So I decided to hardwire the controller cause I noticed the cursor stutter.  And figured the amount off interference from all the wireless stuff can’t be helping and not forgetting my two electric powered lazyboy recliners..  being a lonely old man had it’s upside 

Edited by ScaredDuck
Posted (edited)

Yes I know but you also have to go to saved game/app setting... then game presets.... there you will see performance and resolution mode... this must be turned to performance for a game to run 120.  That’s why I said the other day I found it odd why it wasn’t in witch screen and video.. and you will wonder the same thing as me what’s the point of automatic mode if you still have to set that setting to performance...   it’s not enough just to have it on auto and I don’t know why... only reason I know this is because I couldn’t understand why I couldn’t get cod to run 120.   So I hadt to look it up and Sony says you have to set that setting to performance 

under the setting is a brief description off what it does

this once I know im right and you’ll have to defer to me 😂

Edited by ScaredDuck
9 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Yes I know but you also have to go to saved game/app setting... then game presets.... there you will see performance and resolution mode... this must be turned to performance for a game to run 120.  That’s why I said the other day I found it odd why it wasn’t in witch screen and video.. and you will wonder the same thing as me what’s the point of automatic mode if you still have to set that setting to performance...   it’s not enough just to have it on auto

Just checking as you said auto or 60, rather than off. Making sure you weren't looking at the wrong thing 🙂.

As for the other stuff I think this was true at PS5 launch, and may still be true for COD, but isn't true for F1 2021. As I said above I thought it might be but I've just tested and it isn't. I can have the PS5 setting on prefer resolution but the game running in performance mode at 120 Hz.

I will now put my PS5 setting back to prefer performance, where everyone should have it!

Edited by Ultra3142
Posted (edited)

Ok I’ll defer to you again.. your probably right.  As it was the same week this game launched when I ready up o. It.  But I am looking at the setting I said and it still says 

select performance mode for higher frame rates or resolution for higher graphic quality.  This applies to games that offer these two modes

this game offers these two modes

Edited by ScaredDuck
3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Done half dozen laps in practice.  And everything just seems alittle sharper, alittle crisper and a little more eager  from graphics, ffb and handling and no rain.. please let this be the norm and not just a random occurrence.

if it is cause off the patch,  I like it 

but fool me once shame on you fool me twice it’ll be a shame when I throw my controller through my new tv

I think might the patch I on purposely tried to get the car to spin on the hairpin before the first long straight at France.  I mounted the curbs with hard lock and lifted off and get wouldn’t let go.  

So now devs prepare for the wrath off the ‘I love big curbs’🎼 Fanatics 

I like your enthusiasm, but for me it did not change the graphics and also the graphics issue i see on the Ps5 version of the game, are still on 1.08, sadly. I hope Codemasters could look at this:

And wait until you see this new graphics issue on 1.08 in TT with the ghost cars tyres becoming white 😁

16304410916804778839082050004078.thumb.jpg.435efc1d142021154846901456abb2e5.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
  • Agree 1
Just now, GioProductions said:

I like your enthusiasm, but for me it did not change the graphics and also the graphics issue i see on the Ps5 version of the game, are still on 1.08, sadly. I hope Codemasters could look at this:

I will say when I bought the ps5 I also brought a new tv... and I read loads off reviews and they all pretty much recommended an LG for all round performance/value for money but if you want the most out off the ps5 get a Sony Bravia Xsomething.  But at triple the cost... my mum had just died off covid and was left more money then I need so decided my mum would have wanted me to have the one I really wanted... the difference in picture quality between my new tv and my not even year old Samsung 4k.. I didn’t realise difference would be so noticeable.   But with that patch i can see everything is just alittle better.  But I will say this the Samsung was by far easier to use.. navigating menus etc

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

I will say when I bought the ps5 I also brought a new tv... and I read loads off reviews and they all pretty much recommended an LG for all round performance/value for money but if you want the most out off the ps5 get a Sony Bravia Xsomething.  But at triple the cost... my mum had just died off covid and was left more money then I need so decided my mum would have wanted me to have the one I really wanted... the difference in picture quality between my new tv and my not even year old Samsung 4k.. I didn’t realise difference would be so noticeable.   But with that patch i can see everything is just alittle better.  But I will say this the Samsung was by far easier to use.. navigating menus etc

Woww i paused when reading what you have been through!! All the best and stay strong and make the best of your every day!! ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Ok I’ll defer to you again.. your probably right.  As it was the same week this game launched when I ready up o. It.  But I am looking at the setting I said and it still says 

select performance mode for higher frame rates or resolution for higher graphic quality.  This applies to games that offer these two modes

this game offers these two modes

The idea of the setting you're looking at is to automatically set what mode of a new game is selected on first install, if it has two modes. At PS5 launch there was a frankly odd situation where it also affected if you could run a game in 120 Hz subsequently. I think the separate option I pointed you to was added with one one of the PS5 system updates, to something that now seems rather more logical, to me at least.

Anyway - what do you think of 120 vs 60 Hz?