Jump to content Jump to content

Initial first impression off 1.08


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

The idea of the setting you're looking at is to automatically set what mode of a new game is selected on first install, if it has two modes. At PS5 launch there was a frankly odd situation where it also affected if you could run a game in 120 Hz subsequently. I think the separate option I pointed you to was added with one one of the PS5 system updates, to something that now seems rather more logical, to me at least.

Anyway - what do you think of 120 vs 60 Hz? 

Honestly cod was awesome. But with this game I wasn’t impressed.  But since that patch.  I’ve done France.  And it was easily the best this game has performed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Honestly cod was awesome. But with this game I wasn’t impressed.  But since that patch.  I’ve done France.  And it was easily the best this game has performed.  

Yes, for me the 120 vs 60 difference was much more obvious on a quick test in Fortnite* than in F1 2021. 

I've just done 20 laps round Zandvoort and can't say I noticed any difference from yesterday in terms of driving. Only difference I've spotted is the link about the next Podium Pass season, which doesn't work.

 

*Only installed as my niece and nephew play it, honest!

Edited by Ultra3142
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

Woww i paused when reading what you have been through!! All the best and stay strong and make the best of your every day!! ❤️

I’m about to cry... I wasn’t going to get ps5 first PlayStation I was going to pass up..  getting old. My daughter is get to very expensive age.   But I still really really wanted one.  So my mum had a mega stroke years back left her half body paralysed and not being able to speak.. over the years you learn to understand her.. but she fiercely independent still lived on her own although she had career on hand all the time.   So because off covid lockdown didn’t see her over Christmas and new year..  then first week off January I get a call she’s been taken to hospital.  For what the doctor said a minor heart complaint.  Nothing they’ve can’t fix.  Was assured she would be fine.: but she catches covid in hospital.  For the next 3 weeks she fought and beat it... but her heart was left so weak.  It gVe up on 30th jan.   and In that time I could only call on the phone and hear how much agony she was in..  not being able to even be there is a killer.  So because she had died me and my sister were allowed to see and and kiss her goodbye.  Then we went to collect her things she had with her.:  my mum always carried a lot off cash in her.. when my sister looks in her bag there is only a few notes.. obviously angry and upset.. we think one off the hospital workers had taken it.. so we kick off:. Police Nd security  were called.. all off a sudden this nurse comes out and says are you Jamie.  I said yes.  And she said your mum told everyone to give you this.  And it was an envelope. Cause my mum can’t communicate well. The nurse said it took us hours to understand want she wanted but she wouldn’t let it go even though she was so weak:. On the envelope it said for PlayStation and only PlayStation..  my mum knew how much I wanted one and in the envelope was £500.  The nurse said she smiled when they finally done what she wanted...  2 hours later she died 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Yes, for me the 120 vs 60 difference was much more obvious on a quick test in Fortnite* than in F1 2021. 

I've just done 20 laps round Zandvoort and can't say I noticed any difference from yesterday in terms of driving. Only difference I've spotted is the link about the next Podium Pass season, which doesn't work.

 

*Only installed as my niece and nephew play it, honest!

I kept clicking on that link and wouldn’t work for me

ok so turning Bluetooth off and hardwiring controller has made my game great

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I’m about to cry... I wasn’t going to get ps5 first PlayStation I was going to pass up..  getting old. My daughter is get to very expensive age.   But I still really really wanted one.  So my mum had a mega stroke years back left her half body paralysed and not being able to speak.. over the years you learn to understand her.. but she fiercely independent still lived on her own although she had career on hand all the time.   So because off covid lockdown didn’t see her over Christmas and new year..  then first week off January I get a call she’s been taken to hospital.  For what the doctor said a minor heart complaint.  Nothing they’ve can’t fix.  Was assured she would be fine.: but she catches covid in hospital.  For the next 3 weeks she fought and beat it... but her heart was left so weak.  It gVe up on 30th jan.   and In that time I could only call on the phone and hear how much agony she was in..  not being able to even be there is a killer.  So because she had died me and my sister were allowed to see and and kiss her goodbye.  Then we went to collect her things she had with her.:  my mum always carried a lot off cash in her.. when my sister looks in her bag there is only a few notes.. obviously angry and upset.. we think one off the hospital workers had taken it.. so we kick off:. Police Nd security  were called.. all off a sudden this nurse comes out and says are you Jamie.  I said yes.  And she said your mum told everyone to give you this.  And it was an envelope. Cause my mum can’t communicate well. The nurse said it took us hours to understand want she wanted but she wouldn’t let it go even though she was so weak:. On the envelope it said for PlayStation and only PlayStation..  my mum knew how much I wanted one and in the envelope was £500.  The nurse said she smiled when they finally done what she wanted...  2 hours later she died 

 

1 word: speechless

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

1 word: speechless

So was my mum😁... before she died.  

Thanks first time I’ve spoke or typed about it... as all mum ms are she was awesome.  Force off nature.  Her nickname was Rottweiler. Cause her bite was as big as her bark... but she would help her worst enemy is they needed it.

im at peace with her gone.  They didn’t think she survive her massive stroke and we were told any day could be her last.  After 15 years it was.   

And right now if she was looking down on me she be shouting.  I’m dead I’m gone stop crying and making other people read you going on and on/. And do some housework you messy sod

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyway that’s enough off that 

@Ultra3142 well something is different.   I know France and now Austria  are easy tracks,  but since patch and dare I say I turned off Bluetooth.  Everything just a feels and looks alittle better. Not like wow but just works 

maybe when you get to prestige level 5.  You get a secret power up 

Edited by ScaredDuck
Link to post
Share on other sites

But then I fifa games I used to find sometimes when you started the game and continued career you’d make every pass, every shot scored. Then next time I play every shot got saved.  Every pass intercep

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

What do we expect from 1.10?

Well after their deafening silence... I’ve seen a few posts where they seem quite confident.  Saying exciting things are around the corner.. watch this space etc etc

To post like that after a few months: it’s going to be huge so I think

 

all bugs fixed, and I mean every single one including the rain.

then lots on content every F1 season ever held with every car, every driver and every track..  which you can start a career or myteam in any years

Resl sponsor decals like all the other racing games even boy racer need for speed used to have them.

Proper and fully equipped livery editor.  

Body parts shop with various designs to pick and choose from so your myteam car isn’t one design your stuck with

yeah think that will be in 1.10

well that’s the dream... more than likely it will be braking point chapters 4-6

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I’m about to cry... I wasn’t going to get ps5 first PlayStation I was going to pass up..  getting old. My daughter is get to very expensive age.   But I still really really wanted one.  So my mum had a mega stroke years back left her half body paralysed and not being able to speak.. over the years you learn to understand her.. but she fiercely independent still lived on her own although she had career on hand all the time.   So because off covid lockdown didn’t see her over Christmas and new year..  then first week off January I get a call she’s been taken to hospital.  For what the doctor said a minor heart complaint.  Nothing they’ve can’t fix.  Was assured she would be fine.: but she catches covid in hospital.  For the next 3 weeks she fought and beat it... but her heart was left so weak.  It gVe up on 30th jan.   and In that time I could only call on the phone and hear how much agony she was in..  not being able to even be there is a killer.  So because she had died me and my sister were allowed to see and and kiss her goodbye.  Then we went to collect her things she had with her.:  my mum always carried a lot off cash in her.. when my sister looks in her bag there is only a few notes.. obviously angry and upset.. we think one off the hospital workers had taken it.. so we kick off:. Police Nd security  were called.. all off a sudden this nurse comes out and says are you Jamie.  I said yes.  And she said your mum told everyone to give you this.  And it was an envelope. Cause my mum can’t communicate well. The nurse said it took us hours to understand want she wanted but she wouldn’t let it go even though she was so weak:. On the envelope it said for PlayStation and only PlayStation..  my mum knew how much I wanted one and in the envelope was £500.  The nurse said she smiled when they finally done what she wanted...  2 hours later she died 

 

Sorry to hear about your Mum. That's a very touching story. I'm pleased you were able to get your hands on a PS5 OK and that it's been providing you with some good entertainment. I know many have benefited from the distraction of gaming to help them get though the challenges of the last 18 months. Including me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Sorry to hear about your Mum. That's a very touching story. I'm pleased you were able to get your hands on a PS5 OK and that it's been providing you with some good entertainment. I know many have benefited from the distraction of gaming to help them get though the challenges of the last 18 months. Including me.

Thanks fella.    That was the problem. Now had the money to get a PS5 but only got my hands on one a day before this game was released 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience - I did a race on pad last night at Austria, no assists, in my team car.  The speed of the AI seems nerfed slightly but its more realistic.  And in my terms, being on a pad with no assists, I could "let it rip" more coming out of corners vs. feeling like I had to tip toe through the initial acceleration.  My pace was more consistent but not really any faster.  It just felt more fun to play.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SLR MattJXN said:

My experience - I did a race on pad last night at Austria, no assists, in my team car.  The speed of the AI seems nerfed slightly but its more realistic.  And in my terms, being on a pad with no assists, I could "let it rip" more coming out of corners vs. feeling like I had to tip toe through the initial acceleration.  My pace was more consistent but not really any faster.  It just felt more fun to play.

I’ve been wondering if the ai has been.. also my top speed seems down but not sure if that’s a result off ffb. 

But what I have noticed. Strong hint off rubber banding towards the end off the race.  Couple off races last few laps just the cars behind me are  closing by Seconds but I’m still maintaining the game to the cars in front are 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the lastest patch deleted my SinglePlayerCareer Save.. it´s simply gone... Last 2 weeks are more or less deleted like they did never exist... Just checked it yesterday the first time after 1.08

This is the 2nd time now.. 1st time it deleted my 2 player career after the first patch and now my single career savings are gone... I just don´t get it...whats going on ? MyTeam Savings are still there...

I immediately closed the game again...For me this game is dead.. Will come back again after they got their S*** together at CM. Its ridiculous...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this was going to be the acid test for me.   Because I’ve nevet got to grips with japan.. and this year esp.  I’ve hadt to crawl through the esses.   

And I’ve just done practice and I’m still pants but now I get through esses without having to crawl.  

So I’m sure what ever was in the patch has made it better 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2021 at 4:24 PM, ScaredDuck said:

I will say when I bought the ps5 I also brought a new tv... and I read loads off reviews and they all pretty much recommended an LG for all round performance/value for money but if you want the most out off the ps5 get a Sony Bravia Xsomething.  But at triple the cost... my mum had just died off covid and was left more money then I need so decided my mum would have wanted me to have the one I really wanted... the difference in picture quality between my new tv and my not even year old Samsung 4k.. I didn’t realise difference would be so noticeable.   But with that patch i can see everything is just alittle better.  But I will say this the Samsung was by far easier to use.. navigating menus etc

So sorry to hear about your loss. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2021 at 2:35 AM, SmagMan said:

For me the lastest patch deleted my SinglePlayerCareer Save.. it´s simply gone... Last 2 weeks are more or less deleted like they did never exist... Just checked it yesterday the first time after 1.08

This is the 2nd time now.. 1st time it deleted my 2 player career after the first patch and now my single career savings are gone... I just don´t get it...whats going on ? MyTeam Savings are still there...

I immediately closed the game again...For me this game is dead.. Will come back again after they got their S*** together at CM. Its ridiculous...

Have you checked the cloud to see if your save is there? This has happened to me in other games and I was shocked that, for whatever unknown reason, I had save files in the cloud.

EFIT: I don't know if it's called "cloud" on PS5 but it's in the section system storage. I can get more specific when I go home and turn my on PS5 on, if you need.

Edited by slthree
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, slthree said:

Have you checked the cloud to see if your save is there? This has happened to me in other games and I was shocked that, for whatever unknown reason, I had save files in the cloud.

EFIT: I don't know if it's called "cloud" on PS5 but it's in the section system storage. I can get more specific when I go home and turn my on PS5 on, if you need.

You're referring to a Playstation Plus backup, which is indeed a type of cloud storage 🙂.

What I do is actually to manually back-up a save to the clound periodically, rather than having it set to auto-sync. The reason is that if the main save files gets corrupted it's possible for this to the auto-sync before you've spotted the issue, and then the backup is useless as well. Obvsiously the approach only works if someone remembers to make manual backups though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2021 at 8:35 AM, SmagMan said:

For me the lastest patch deleted my SinglePlayerCareer Save.. it´s simply gone... Last 2 weeks are more or less deleted like they did never exist... Just checked it yesterday the first time after 1.08

This is the 2nd time now.. 1st time it deleted my 2 player career after the first patch and now my single career savings are gone... I just don´t get it...whats going on ? MyTeam Savings are still there...

I immediately closed the game again...For me this game is dead.. Will come back again after they got their S*** together at CM. Its ridiculous...

Well i guess no one else than you faces this issue

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scared Duck is right if you play on 120 Hz mode you feel a better difference with the setting right here. Not only in F1 2021 game. saved game/app setting... then game presets. I don´t know if it makes a difference from tv manufacturer or model. I´m using a nanocell tv LG 91 55 inch with 120 hz. I mostly playing all the games in 60 hz. It feels good on the tv. I hate popin graphics and more dynamic resolution switch backs. The graphics are definitely looking crisper since 1.08 and the steering is more responsive for me with the controller. I have a big tv update last week and it changes a lot for me. Seems to be that my nanocell tv is now working correctly on the ps5. 
I´m driving only a few rounds at the moment. I´m waiting for a bigger update. Playing Psychonauts 2 and 1 instead. LOL. A big driver performance update comes this week. I read it on steam a few minutes ago. If someone look for a good bike game with naked bikes, you should test ride 4 with the dual sense controller. Very hard but a lot of fun and so realistic courses. I mean from the design of the tracks on track (tarmac, corners, kerbs, bumps). Not the surroundings. I checked up PCars 3, because I´ve watched a video of marcel fisher again and man PCars tracks are so much more like the original and the game is one year old. They are a lot off differences too on the netherland track between the original track layout. I hope in 2022 wwe will have the new kerbs design and the more banked corners. Two corners are a lot diffrent on the final track.

 

Back to F1 2021
I´ve experienced that you can drive way faster since the last two updates over the most kerbs. I´ve tested an earlier version and this version. I´ve played an older F1 game on the PC F1 2012 and 2013 and I think eveyone that the kerbs are to hard to drive should play this ones. You destroy your car if you drive to hard over the kerbs. I think the kerbs are more like kerbs should be. Some sausage kerbs are to flat in the game. Look for spa exit corner is way different and some more.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...