Jump to content Jump to content

I feel let down by codemasters

I'm getting to the point where I am starting to consider stopping playing this game- this is either until I know codemasters have fixed the glaring issues or just full stop. This is simply an unacceptable effort from codemasters because make no mistake about it, this is a beta. Inexcusable glitches, poor AI, worse looking graphics, unplayable multiplayer, 2020 performance of cars- the list really does go on. 

My gut feeling now is that codemasters don't have the resources and knowledge on how to fix this game and series for good. Every year we all come on here and mention the same glitches that take months to fix and this then ends up breaking something else. 

It also feels lazy. For example, the qualifying glitch whereby when you accelerate time in the session, the AI magically find half a tenth to a full on second which majority of the time, knocks you out of that session. This has been around since 2010 ! This is neglect of the highest order- i don't have time to sit there and watch AI cars going round for an hour to make sure they aren't glitching. 

For years, I said I was going to stop playing fifa because I felt EA didn't care anymore, it took a while but I eventually did. I am going the same way with this franchise codemasters and that really saddens me because I have played this game since I was a child. This is as close as I can get to being a racing driver. That may sound sad but it is a sport I love and I want to experience it, you are ruining it with your neglect and inability to respect your community. Please give this game and future games the full treatment they need, this is our only real option of playing a fully fledged F1 game, we are loyal customers and just want to feel like we are being heard. 

Sorry for the rant, I am just getting close to losing it with this game now !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 7

The the few weeks I’ve been posting on hear I’ve gone one way and the other.

apart from amazon pretty much every company industry have all faced huge challenges.. resulting things that were due to happen or launch being delayed or cancelled.

management and developers at codemasters would have had the conversation months before the release date.. to decide what they were going to do... 3 obvious choices are delay, cancel or launch as planned.   I can only assume that because they firstly want to make money.  But as it’s a annual game they would  naturally want to launch as planned..

so they would have discussed how feasible it would be getting it done in that timeframe during the pandemic.

They probably decided although a challenge it’s a challenge they could handle.. so they rolled the dice... and unfortunately lost. What I don’t like is  they would have known well in advance they weren’t going to get it properly tested for bugs... Rather than admit defeat and announce it will be delayed... they decided well there’s tons off bugs still but  well most off it’s done::.  And I bet you someone in the office said well it’s in a better state than cyberpunk was when that was released... to hell with it and our customers let’s launch...  not that I have any clue but.   When your boss says to you.. will you be able to get it done in time... you back yourself and don’t want to say sorry boss I’m not good enough

6 hours ago, LH44Wilson said:

I'm getting to the point where I am starting to consider stopping playing this game- this is either until I know codemasters have fixed the glaring issues or just full stop. This is simply an unacceptable effort from codemasters because make no mistake about it, this is a beta. Inexcusable glitches, poor AI, worse looking graphics, unplayable multiplayer, 2020 performance of cars- the list really does go on. 

My gut feeling now is that codemasters don't have the resources and knowledge on how to fix this game and series for good. Every year we all come on here and mention the same glitches that take months to fix and this then ends up breaking something else. 

It also feels lazy. For example, the qualifying glitch whereby when you accelerate time in the session, the AI magically find half a tenth to a full on second which majority of the time, knocks you out of that session. This has been around since 2010 ! This is neglect of the highest order- i don't have time to sit there and watch AI cars going round for an hour to make sure they aren't glitching. 

For years, I said I was going to stop playing fifa because I felt EA didn't care anymore, it took a while but I eventually did. I am going the same way with this franchise codemasters and that really saddens me because I have played this game since I was a child. This is as close as I can get to being a racing driver. That may sound sad but it is a sport I love and I want to experience it, you are ruining it with your neglect and inability to respect your community. Please give this game and future games the full treatment they need, this is our only real option of playing a fully fledged F1 game, we are loyal customers and just want to feel like we are being heard. 

Sorry for the rant, I am just getting close to losing it with this game now !

For me that is a problem relationated with exclusive license. When you don't have competition in those areas, at some point it becames harder to keep growing the franchise, like you said, some bugs are presents in the game for years and they really dont know how to fix it, perhaps a problem with the Ego Engine. For me, something must happen with the F1 franchise, Code split the license with other company or change the engine, who knows what gonna happen with EA now, could be a lot worse then now. I always dreaming with Kunos getting the license and provide us a real experience driving an f1 car, nothing against Codemasters, but more then a month of the release and still not a single screenshot from the new tracks. And no sign for the performance patch.