Jump to content Jump to content

For Dirt Rally 3.0, please add rewinds.

With the option to limit or disable them if you choose like the F1 games. Stop listening to people who have no self control so don't want anyone to be able to play more casually with proper physics (I.E. don't suggest dirt 5) because they wouldn't be able to resist using them. There is no reason for them to not be in single player modes, and it would help with bad call outs (4 right that is blatantly a 2 or 3 right) and weird glitches like the occasional invisible object (thankfully a lot less these days than early on).

At the very least, at least add the ability to alter callouts for corners, so I can fix some of the more blatantly bad calls in the game.

• Disagree 2

No thanks. The overall difficulty level must and will be maintained.
A game that includes the rewind-function will require difficult opponents (harder AI), and the developers will implement them, because you can then use this "great" function. This then leads to the fact that you only have to rewind constantly to have any chance at all.
Therefore DarkRed: Control yourself a little more and drive slower and more carefully, so that there are no accidents.

Please don't add rewinds, Codemasters!!!
And another thing : In Dirt Rally you can restart the stage infinitely. In WRC 8/9 on the other hand also limits the possibilities for restarts. I recommend the same for DR3. Please only one restart possibility. Better screw down the AI times, that's OK. But I want to have a serious racing game with risk. No risk no fun, everybody knows that.

Edited by PaulNbg
20 hours ago, PaulNbg said:

No thanks.

Why? Of course, the results with rewind simply should not be record to global roster (this is done, for example, in RIDE4), but just in single mode or training mode - why not?

On 9/15/2021 at 6:29 AM, Matt555 said:

Its a sim - flashbacks dilute the experience imo. I used to crash a lot and still crash on times, but thats the nature of the game.

I have a easy fix for you, disable them and carry on.

On 9/7/2021 at 4:15 PM, PaulNbg said:

No thanks. The overall difficulty level must and will be maintained.
A game that includes the rewind-function will require difficult opponents (harder AI), and the developers will implement them, because you can then use this "great" function. This then leads to the fact that you only have to rewind constantly to have any chance at all.
Therefore DarkRed: Control yourself a little more and drive slower and more carefully, so that there are no accidents.

Please don't add rewinds, Codemasters!!!
And another thing : In Dirt Rally you can restart the stage infinitely. In WRC 8/9 on the other hand also limits the possibilities for restarts. I recommend the same for DR3. Please only one restart possibility. Better screw down the AI times, that's OK. But I want to have a serious racing game with risk. No risk no fun, everybody knows that.

That's what difficulty options are for. F1 2021 has rewinds and I don't have to use rewinds to "have any chance at all".

And while I could start the stage over repeatedly, I unfortunately have a life outside of gaming, and also play other games, so I do not have infinite time to waste on restarting a stage, for one corner with a inaccurate callout, or because my dog came in and distracted me and caused me too hit a tree.

As for that absurd last bit, if you are too weak willed to turn off rewinds if they are optional, you should perhaps take a break from gaming in general and better yourself, because that is not a good thing.

Codemasters, please note the comment I am responding too here, and know that this is the exact customer you should not be listening too. Do basically the opposite of what he suggests, and then maybe you can return to making proper mainline dirt games without the need of a secondary game because your mainline game has **** physics. 

I reiterate, Dirt Rally physics, but with rewinds to make it easier to enjoy the game if you only play occasionally, would be vastly superior to some nonsensical bull **** where you can't even restart a stage because of a tiny minority of weak willed players

• Like 1

For me this is totaly non sense !
If you want to play arcade game then go Dirt 5. Dirt Rally is difficult to learn (first hours where hard for me) but when you start to master it the reward is huge. No pain, no gain !

If you always have possibility to rewind, you'll never learn consistency.

I love Sim racing and Dirt Rally 2.0 is still too arcade oriented. Dirt Rally 1 was a little more sim oriented and I would love to have a Dirt Rally 3.0 much more sim oriented.

I played hundreds of hours with my team on Dirt Rally 2.0 and everybody agrees that we need a more sim oriented DIrt Rally.

iRacing now offers a RallyCross mode that is very challenging and Codemaster should respond to that :D

On 9/21/2021 at 1:09 PM, PapyMaurice said:

I love Sim racing and Dirt Rally 2.0 is still too arcade oriented. Dirt Rally 1 was a little more sim oriented and I would love to have a Dirt Rally 3.0 much more sim oriented

@PJTierney

Edited by gk9147