Jump to content Jump to content

Career mode question (new player)

My first F1 games was 2020 and I was hooked. I purchased F1 2021 and started a career with Williams as I like the idea of starting from the bottom.

Do you get offers from other teams at the end of the season? or do you just have to approach teams yourself? It came to my contract renewal date after Abu Dhabi and options were to renew or approach other teams only. I hoped it would be teams approaching me.

Also when I approached AlphaTauri..George Russell also left Williams with me and became my partner at AlphaTauri..is this something that always happens or do I have a setting on that does this?

Any help is appreciated.

Yes, a few times per season there's a window to negotiate contracts. Then you can try to suck your current team financially dry or approach other teams.

And every window there seems to be transfers from other drivers too. Some do even retire (like Alonso lol) and their spots are often filled with someone from the f2 season.

Edited by Pdexter
1 minute ago, Pdexter said:

Yes, a few times per season there's a window to negotiate contracts. Then you can try to suck your current team financially dry or approach other teams.

And every window there seems to be transfers from other drivers too it seems. Some do even retire (like Alonso lol) and their spots are often filled with someone from the f2 season.

Yeah I just thought it would be teams approaching me (like in MyTeam I as a team approach a driver)..i didn't realise it was upto me to approach teams.

Also the fact that George Russell automatically followed me to AlphaTauri annoyed me lol. I assumed I would be replacing Tsunoda and partnering Gasly but when I moved it brough George Russell with me. I am not sure if that is how it happens in the game or if I have a setting on that made that happen.

Just now, Nozzle89 said:

Yeah I just thought it would be teams approaching me (like in MyTeam I as a team approach a driver)..i didn't realise it was upto me to approach teams.

Also the fact that George Russell automatically followed me to AlphaTauri annoyed me lol. I assumed I would be replacing Tsunoda and partnering Gasly but when I moved it brough George Russell with me. I am not sure if that is how it happens in the game or if I have a setting on that made that happen.

Oh, well I did not (yet) encounter any approaches from other teams myself ...

Unless codemasters programmed Russel's behavior to have the hots for the player and therefore follow him wherever he or her may go, this seems awkward indeed.

Don't know by hard, but it's possible that I read it somewhere that this could be bug.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pdexter said:

Oh, well I did not (yet) encounter any approaches from other teams myself ...

Unless codemasters programmed Russel's behavior to have the hots for the player and therefore follow him wherever he or her may go, this seems awkward indeed.

Don't know by hard, but it's possible that I read it somewhere that this could be bug.

I know on two player co-op you have an option when setting up the game that says if you change teams your partner follows you, or you can change teams and go seperate ways. But that setting is on co-op. The mode I am playing is just normal single player..either that setting auto carried over to single player or I just accidentally clicked through that setting.

Also talking of retirements..on my game Vettel and Raikkonen retired. Bottas went to Alpha Romeo..Alonso went to Red Bull as Verstappen went to Mercedes lol Talk about an unlikely super team 😅

I think there are some drivers who want to lead a team from my experience and Russell sounds like one of those. Russell was already leaving so just bad luck. 

If ya want to team with a certain person you have to go for the lowest figure to get the top driver.

• Like 1