Jump to content Jump to content

How do I access the full list of radio commands (PS5)?

Woman are famed for being able multi-task...  We’re as men can only do one thing at a time.  For me it’s true every time I open that menu I crash...   i now understand why Lewis gets upset with his race engineer. When his engineer calls him just as he’s about to take a corner

• Like 1
On 9/3/2021 at 11:14 PM, marioho said:

The options in race conditions – they vary depending on the session you're in:

404329997_MFD-Race.thumb.png.31b25ebe033e80d85b2553cea8bb6ba5.png

I've just had another look at this. Before I tried in practice in driver career but now I've just had a look a race in GP mode. I can get the first one of your pictures there @marioho but I'm not sure how to get to the other two? I'd expect to be able to just tab through screens like with the MFD, but apparently not.

Edit: just in case it matters I tried at the start of a 5 lap race but I doubt this makes a difference?

Edited by Ultra3142
4 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Hit square to activate and circle ️ to cycle menus

Thanks you! That's an annoying change for the worse though ☹️. Now we need to use two different button rather than just one, making it harder when also driving.

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

Thanks you! That's an annoying change for the worse though ☹️. Now we need to use two different button rather than just one, making it harder when also driving.

This is why I crash when activating it.. then cycling menu looking for right command..  be warned it doesn’t stay open long without input like a few seconds so you have to be quick

31 minutes ago, marioho said:

I think you're able to assign the same button for both opening and cycling pages in the MFD? Not positive on that though.

The MFD works this way but it surely can't be the same for radio as well, or how could the game know which to open?

Sorry, meant to say radio. Never put much thought into it as it seems second nature to cycle through radio and MFD pages.

Was it any different in previous games? I don't remember.

Anyway when I'm not with a mic at hand I treat the radio options as a Street Fighter hadouken or combo. Memorize the option position and just press the buttons.

25 minutes ago, marioho said:

Sorry, meant to say radio. Never put much thought into it as it seems second nature to cycle through radio and MFD pages.

Was it any different in previous games? I don't remember.

Anyway when I'm not with a mic at hand I treat the radio options as a Street Fighter hadouken or combo. Memorize the option position and just press the buttons.

Yes, it's changed. Square button used to open the first radio page and then cycle through the remaining pages. Just like circle both opens and cycles though the MFD.

47 minutes ago, marioho said:

Square has been assigned to gears for a while now, no? At least since I started playing these games in 2019. I don't remember having a conflict of inputs back then.

Not on a wheel 🙂.

So I thought I'd just double-check I wasn't misremembering by loading up F1 2020. And, err, I was 🙄. It's exactly the same as you said @marioho - the square button opened up the radio menu but the circle toggled between tabs.

So I now have a suggestion for it to be the way I thought it was 🙂.

• Haha 1