Jump to content Jump to content

My team transfers broken

As you can see from my second season in my team max has moved to Williams of all teams and mazepin has moved to Mercedes, I mean really!!!!
im not sure which is more unbelievable really, Mercedes thinking mazepin is actually good or max thinking¬†Williams is better than red bull ūüėā¬†

think this just proves how little thought goes into programming this sort of thing by codemasters and considering this went on last year proves just how little codemasters care either, seems braking point is far more important than a believable game.

A9097E8D-C607-4E03-81A1-B3392EF4E8E7.jpeg

84FAFA1F-4576-45ED-A038-2B3412F6CF36.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

All they need to do is give us control of transfers.  I get it; it's not "realistic" that we can control it, but at least give an option if that's what the player wants because what's happening now isn't anywhere near realistic either.   Stroll at RedBull in your screenshots is comical as well.  You really can't make a move in My Team, or Driver Career without a complete disaster happening on the rest of the grid.  Its been this way ever since driver transfers came into the series.

13 hours ago, petro1319 said:

All they need to do is give us control of transfers.  I get it; it's not "realistic" that we can control it, but at least give an option if that's what the player wants because what's happening now isn't anywhere near realistic either.   Stroll at RedBull in your screenshots is comical as well.  You really can't make a move in My Team, or Driver Career without a complete disaster happening on the rest of the grid.  Its been this way ever since driver transfers came into the series.

If you want a controlled driver's market in MyTeam, try this:

I've already tested this in F1 2021, pretty much work the exact same way. 

Except you can skip the backup save part, because if you wanna reverse a decision, don't hit progress in the calendar (because it auto-save if you do), and just quit the game. When you restart, the game will put you back to the beginning of the day and you can re-negotiate again, so no need to use backup save files at all, unless you accidentally hit the progress botton.

I probably will put up a screenshot later in the day to show you my current season 6's grid in F1 2020 using this method (yes I kinda migrated back there already, still waiting for the new tracks in F1 2021). It's literally the dream F1 grid I could think of. 

Edited by DRTApophis
On 9/4/2021 at 8:12 AM, DRTApophis said:

If you want a controlled driver's market in MyTeam, try this:

This is super helpful and I just wanted to drop in here and say THANK YOU! I am in the latter half of my first season and while some changes are going to be fun, I do want to keep some semblance of reality. Cheers!

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Inverarity said:

This is super helpful and I just wanted to drop in here and say THANK YOU! I am in the latter half of my first season and while some changes are going to be fun, I do want to keep some semblance of reality. Cheers!

I've discovered one thing just last night though, apparently the AI drivers could still sign with other teams even if you use the "purposely failing the demand method". 

The situation seems to be either scripted or decided before the season starts, that "other team" will always be there during that negotiation period, looking at signing that specific driver and try to outbid the original team. But the outcome itself is random, so you can keep trying until they fail to sign him (if you're stuck with the same outcome, try changing the orders of your action because it will make the game react differently, which might then give you different results).

Though this is actually quite a rare occasion, it had only happened once so far in my 7th season using this method in 2020, and I assume it'll be exactly the same in 2021. The good thing is that you can get around this issue quite easily.

Also, just one huge reminder, I recommend you to NOT backup any save in 2021, because the last time I tried it (before they fixed the general save corruption bug), the action corrupted both of my original & backup save, and I haven't try that again since I don't know whether they fix this specific issue yet or not. 

Good luck racing!

Fair enough. I think I'll roll the dice and see (being on a console means I don't have the save backup option anyway (not easily at least), so I'll follow your lead on the part about progressing (or not)). Any chance to reduce the silliest part of the silly season is worth it.

Hopefully, Codemasters will consider Managing Director mode in My Team that has the ability to override certain aspects of the season, like driver contracts. That plus some additional driver contract options (multi-year, buy-outs, reserve drivers, junior drivers, etc.) and all of this becomes a non-issue. 

Edited by Inverarity
2 hours ago, rally36738289 said:

How to Russell in Mercedes & Bottas in Alfa Romeo?

It depends on the situation.

Let's start with Russell to Mercedes.

If any of the Mercedes drivers decided to retire, then it's very simple. Just lock everyone in their own team with the "purposely failing the demand method" except Russell, and then after you've sign your own driver, Mercedes will most likely pick the driver with the highest acclaim that is still available (which is Russell).

If they don't retire though, then it gets quite tricky or even near impossible. I'm on PC so what I've been experimenting is that I nerfed every team except Williams, so Russell could always overperform and gain acclaim extremely quickly. By the time of season 5 he's already on the top 4 in terms of acclaim level, but I still couldn't get Mercedes to take him over Bottas even though Bottas had already plummeted to almost the bottom of the screen. And then on season 6 Lewis retire, so I gave up this method and just use the method above to get Merc to sign Russell.

For Bottas to Alfa or other backmarker teams, which I've just tried at the end of season 6, had so far been not successful even with drivers retiring from those teams. It's probably because the drivers with high acclaim level had gotten way too expensive for those teams to hire, or may be because I didn't prepared any drivers with higher acclaim from the lower team that interested Merc. 

Hopefully if I could get past season 7 then I'll try again. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, AllenB2609 said:

are we finally able to disable mid season driver transfers? Last year there was an option to disable the transfers. Any news on this @BarryBL?

Not yet, but something that is on the developers radar at this time. No other further details right now I'm afraid. 

• Agree 1
On 9/4/2021 at 3:07 PM, petro1319 said:

The could implement it through the interviews questions   . Claire asks if Riccardo would be a good choice for Hass or what ever team   if you say no the driver doesn't swap . I've just started 2nd season . Haven't had to much crazy transfers so far . Riccardo to Williams after I signed Russel . Vettel to McLaren .and latifi. To Aston . I'm sure the gave an option one or 2/ years ago to stop driver transfers . After the game was released . The minute I get stupid driver moves . Will be the day I stop playing . It just ruins it for me 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PaulLynch said:

The could implement it through the interviews questions

That's a really good idea!

For now I follow the advice of DRTApophis and keep certain drivers at their current teams whenever possible (by negotiating and failing). Which drivers should stay with their team and which have an option to move is obviously personal preference, but for me it's

• Lewis at Merc
  • Max at RBR
  • Lando at McLaren
  • Charlie at Ferrari
  • Stroll at Aston Martin
  • Mazepin at HaaS (though I missed on this one in my first season, so he ended up on Williams, taking Latifi's seat, who took the spot at Alpine after Alonso retired)

Everyone else is fair game to bounce around. If I end up liking a new pairing of driver and car, I can of course ad them to the list and leave them there. 

Hmm is there a way to have such a control in coop mode? In our coop season it was already announced that Alonso and Raikkönen are going to retire. I am really afraid now, that something strange will happen... We really really hope, that no top driver except bottas is going to make an unrealistic move. 

Is there a possibility to make a backup save file for coop mode on ps4 and to reload the transfer situation everytime with different results? Does anyone know what we can do here? The problem is, that we cannot negotiate with others drivers in the mode. So we have no control mechanism, as far as I know. 

2 hours ago, Rgb666 said:

Put an option to putt it off in normal carreer also come one codies ***

That doesn't help though because for years we asked for transfers within career mode.   Yes; the ability to flat out turn them off is nice but what we really need is a logical system in place for transfers.  The issue is how they program them to work apparently based on team and driver acclaim stats and sometimes just the simple swapping of drivers.   The easiest solution is having a way to let it happen organically within the game, but also give the player the control to override the moves if they chose.  I want drivers to change teams; I just want them to go to realistic options!

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, petro1319 said:

That doesn't help though because for years we asked for transfers within career mode.   Yes; the ability to flat out turn them off is nice but what we really need is a logical system in place for transfers.  The issue is how they program them to work apparently based on team and driver acclaim stats and sometimes just the simple swapping of drivers.   The easiest solution is having a way to let it happen organically within the game, but also give the player the control to override the moves if they chose.  I want drivers to change teams; I just want them to go to realistic options!

Exactly this. And for my opinion the game already has all mechanics which are needed. I wrote my idea down in the suggestions forum. 

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/81606-allow-us-to-turn-off-driver-transfers/?do=findComment&comment=656388