Jump to content Jump to content

[XBOX] Fanatec CSW V2.5 Wheelbase and Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2 - Wheel Rotation Issue

[XBOX] Fanatec CSW V2.5 Wheelbase and Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2 - Wheel Rotation Issue

1) The Wheel Rotation while playing on Xbox One in-game doesn't match up with wheel rotation inputs (Example: When I have my Wheel's SEN setting to 360 degrees of rotation - If I turn my Fanatec wheel 10 degrees left or right, the game inputs it as Full -100/100 rotation), no matter which settings are changed in game or in wheel, during calibration in game you reach maximum turning ratio when the real wheel has only turned 90 Degrees.  I've had to set my Fanatec Wheel's SEN Setting to 800 Degrees to remotely fix this, and it feels like trash

2) I've had the same issue with my CSW V2.5 Wheelbase and Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2, when trying to use on Xbox One! It will work perfectly fine on PC, and also in other Games (F1 2020, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, etc.), but then goes to complete trash on Xbox One in F1 2021

3) Force Feedback repeatedly gives out at random points of continued use (After about 5 mins), and ALWAYS happens if you have a Headset connected as well

4) Everything works perfect in F1 2021 on PC,  F1 2020 on Xbox and PC, and All Other games

• Report Code - N/A
  • Platform?  XBOX 
  • Game-Mode? - ALL
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. -  ALL GAME MODES ISSUES (Time Trial, Grand Prix, My Team, Career, Online Multiplayer).  But have had issues with various Drivers and various Online Multiplayer Lobbies (Mesquitasofc has the same issues with his Fanatec wheel)
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? - Yes and No
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried:
    • Tried changing Wheel Sensitivity (SEN) and FFB an to all possible settings = same result
    • Updated and Reset Wheelbase, Motor, and Steering Wheel Drivers more than 10 times since July to try and get this to work correctly (As it does on PC)
    • Have changed all in game settings = same result)
    • Un-Installed and Re-Installed the Game 5 times (Same Result)
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. - Plug a Fanatec CSW V2.5 Wheelbase and Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2 into an Xbox One and you will see how trash the Wheel Rotation is

Edited by Cuishy43
Added Media
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I have the same equipment and find it absolutely fine.

I have wheel set to auto and the in game rotation to 320. This works for me. Maybe set these settings then try putting whee into pc mode (pushing y and select at the same time) then putting it back to Xbox mode.

• Disagree 1
On 9/6/2021 at 9:11 AM, dansmotorsport said:

I have the same equipment and find it absolutely fine.

I have wheel set to auto and the in game rotation to 320. This works for me. Maybe set these settings then try putting whee into pc mode (pushing y and select at the same time) then putting it back to Xbox mode.

Does your wheel lock at the limits of that 320? If I do this setup, I can continue turning my wheel past that animation lock and it’s terrible.

7 hours ago, raesu said:

Does your wheel lock at the limits of that 320? If I do this setup, I can continue turning my wheel past that animation lock and it’s terrible.

Not sure but it follows the on screen wheel and feels good to me. Onky really hit full lock at Monaco anyway

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Anyone who has not updated the wheel firmware (and it is only possible with the latest driver on a PC) should try that to rule it out.

https://fanatec.com/media/archive/34/21/c2/2021-09-09-Fanatec_driver_415nnlaMEyUZpWrd.zip

Already updated to 415. 

The issue is with F1 2021, not with the wheel… Everything works fine on every other game.

This game is **** honestly.

6 minutes ago, Allu83 said:

Already updated to 415. 

The issue is with F1 2021, not with the wheel… Everything works fine on every other game.

This game is **** honestly.

I’m not disagreeing with you at all.

But updating firmware and drivers is generally ‘a good thing’. They’re never intended to make things worse. Manufacturers have to consider rep as it’s time and money.

Why else would they bother? It’s preferable to the general lack of attention afforded to a lot of tech products after they reach the market. Not many ship with only a small list of known issues. 

9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I’m not disagreeing with you at all.

But updating firmware and drivers is generally ‘a good thing’. They’re never intended to make things worse. Manufacturers have to consider rep as it’s time and money.

Why else would they bother? It’s preferable to the general lack of attention afforded to a lot of tech products after they reach the market. Not many ship with only a small list of known issues. 

Yep, I agree… having both pc & Xbox connected I’ve always the drivers updated to the latest firmwares!

I’m just pointing out this issue is a game related bug that Codies should have already sorted out because the controller is, without any doubt, the MOST important thing in the game.

This bug has been reported since when the Beta came out, and has been marked as “Beta related”.

Here are just some of the threads where the same issue is reported without any answer from the staff except the beta-related marker.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79683-series-x-fanatec-dd2csw-25-no-ffb-wrong-sensitivity-heavy-rumble/?do=findComment&comment=622431

Please @BarryBL reach out to the support to get this solved! 🙏🏻 

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...