Jump to content Jump to content

More up to date session information from Jeff

For example, during practice or qualifying sessions. When you are in your outlap, Jeff should keep you up to date about drivers behind you who are in their hotlap. So you can give them enough room. And when you are in your hotlap, Jeff should give you information about possible slow cars in the next few corners.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, RemWal1996 said:

For example, during practice or qualifying sessions. When you are in your outlap, Jeff should keep you up to date about drivers behind you who are in their hotlap. So you can give them enough room. And when you are in your hotlap, Jeff should give you information about possible slow cars in the next few corners.

Funny I just posted in f1chat something similar 

• Haha 1

This is good idea, but I think it's asking quite a bit with having Jeff letting you know the information. I think it would have to run similarly to how blue flags run in a race; so I think it would have to be some kind of indicator (either writing, or even a purple circle indicator) that pops up letting you know a faster car is approaching if you are on an in or out lap.  The other thing is, I think this would have to take place only when your deployment is set to none (as opposed to hotlap). So the game will recognize who needs the indicator, and it will not distract someone who let's say may be quite slower who's being approached by a faster individual on a hotlap (this idea is debatable). 

As far as indicating for slower drivers ahead, I don't think that's necessary, that's up to the driver to see. With what I explained above, the cars should be off the racing line as you approach, where in general a car should for the most part be off the racing line on in or out laps, aside from maybe the turns on a track.

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, KemaTheDilemma said:

I think it would have to run similarly to how blue flags run in a race; so I think it would have to be some kind of indicator (either writing, or even a purple circle indicator) that pops up letting you know a faster car is approaching

Good idea 👍🏽

Edited by Monzie83