Jump to content Jump to content

Tyre wear issues

LayExiled

Hi Codemasters, I have realised that I am getting MASSIVE tyre wear issues on the PC. In melbourne, when my pit window opens on lap 9-10, on lap 7 or 8 they already get a puncture or go bright red if im lucky. Same thing for other tracks on championship season, and I am literally unable to do anything about it as my tyres will go red 1 to 2 laps before my pit window opens and has cost me to lose alot of time and positions. Is it because I am driving too aggresively or is there something wrong with the game? Please help.

• Codemasters Staff
If it was a game issue I would expect more people to be shouting very loudly about this! Try turning ABS and Traction Control on, they should help you wear your tyres less. Let me know if that helps.

Yep I tried driving conservatively and it seriously saved my tyres alot! I am playing on the keyboard though so the driving isnt going to be as smooth which may affect the tyre wear more. Anyhow, few questions, is it possible to turn off traction control using purely a keyboard? I also get issues where I start a race on my qualifying tyres, especially when they are fairly worn. Is this part of the game or just another bug? Thanks in advance

Hello LayExiled. I haven't played using a keyboard myself, only using a wheel and an Xbox 360 controller for PC.
When playing on keyboard I'm assuming that acceleration and braking cannot be "progressive" and can only be either "on" or "off", seeing as that is the ways keys work. Therefore it must be impossible to brake and accelerate gradually - this must surely effect tyre wear, as this version of the game models tyre wear very efficiently.
I can appreciate that as a keyboard user you are unlikely to want to invest in a wheel, but have you considered an Xbox 360/Xbox One controller? The LT and RT triggers used for acceleration and braking are progressive so you can accelerate and brake gradually, rather than violently, this makes car control and gameplay much more enjoyable.
I am really enjoying the game using a 360 controller, even though I have played with a G27 wheel in the past. I would strongly suggest investing in a Xbox 360 controller as it would really increase you enjoyment of the game.

Little do you know you're all experiencing a bug introduced by the last patch. Watch your tyres in Quali. Even if you use all 4 tyres in quali, the cumulative wear is loaded onto ONE TYRE ONLY. This is a sickening glitch and recently ruined my race in Monza. You expect to have wear of 14% on each tyre set, but you end up with more like 45% on one single tyre set only. Obviously you then start the race on these tyres, and then experience the issues you've been describing above, blowouts, orange tyres, loss of grip, etc. - This needs to be fixed ASAP. 

• Codemasters Staff
@LayExiled first off as I've said to a few people now I would echo @Mullzer and highly recommend buying a controller if you're enjoying F1. It makes the game much easier and more fun. My personal preference is an Xbox 360 controller.

I wouldn't recommend turning off traction control if you're on a keyboard. That's going to make the game much harder to play and will increase your tyre wear. having orange tyres at the end of a stint is normal, red means you're running them for too many laps. The tyres you qualify on are the tyres you start the race on if you're in the top ten so I would expect them to have some wear and to do a shorter stint than a fresh set of tyres.

Lemonic said:
Even if you use all 4 tyres in quali, the cumulative wear is loaded onto ONE TYRE ONLY.
I've not seen anyone else report this, but I'll investigate the issue.

• Codemasters Staff
@Lemonic I've tried this online and offline and I can't see a problem. Can you give me some more information please, on another thread you said you were playing Co-op, I presume this means you're playing online with one friend. Oh and you are playing F1 2015 right?

• Codemasters Staff
There is no reason I know of that would make that happen. The weather might change things slightly but I wouldn't expect it to make a difference to the number of laps you can complete.

Archived