Jump to content Jump to content

I’m sorry Jeff but the trust has gone....

Jeff has been with me from the very start... we’ve had some good times and some bad.   But the blind  trust I once had in you has gone.   You continue to give me wrong or late advice... It’s no good to me, you tell me to pit for wets just as I’m passing the pit entrance..  or when you update  pit strategies you fail to give me the best tyre option.. and you send me out into traffic so often I swear your doing it on purpose.. it’s almost like your one off those computer games that script certain conditions..

without trust we have nothing... I’ve always been good to you  never once have i in all the years we’ve been together ever so much as told you to shut up.  Either get it together or you’ve got to go 

• Haha 4

I would love it where they to indrduce a system where you have to hire and build trust with your engineer. They should have individual attributes for pit knowledge, when its ready for wet tyres etc… every race to do together the trust builds and the better advice is provided. Would be cool.

i think everybody is just sick of only having jeff….

Edited by Jobling1983
Typo
  • Agree 5
54 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Instead of a proper pizza, Jeff decided to give me one with pineapple toppings.

Our relationship had not been the same since.  

It’s just wrong... I can accept cheese and  pineapple on the cheeseboard..  but on a hot pizza no no no... I ridicule anyone who think it acceptable...   we can’t allow this to continue... what next?  Vegetables like carrots in a cake... can you imagine it

our bodies crave sweet after savoury.  That is the order off things.. never the other way round and most certainly not together:

about 5 years ago I took my daughter  to Southend.. was a Saturday so had to cue  for rides... we were in this long one for the water slide and a young lad who was working on the ride.. was chatting up a couple off girls once the cue... all off a sudden he’s shouted that’s disgusting... he then asked for everyone’s attention and then ask a show off hands who thinks pineapple on pizza is wrong.. majority off people raised theirs hands... but pineapple pizza eaters are more militant than vegans.... massive debate  teams... wasall in good nature.. lots off parents with out little ones...  but was amusing... 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

I would love it where they to indrduce a system where you have to hire and build trust with your engineer. They should have individual attributes for pit knowledge, when its ready for wet tyres etc… every race to do together the trust builds and the better advice is provided. Would be cool.

i think everybody is just sick of only having jeff….

Good idea - you should put this in the suggestion forum

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Jeff has been with me from the very start... we’ve had some good times and some bad.   But the blind  trust I once had in you has gone.   You continue to give me wrong or late advice... It’s no good to me, you tell me to pit for wets just as I’m passing the pit entrance..  or when you update  pit strategies you fail to give me the best tyre option.. and you send me out into traffic so often I swear your doing it on purpose.. it’s almost like your one off those computer games that script certain conditions..

without trust we have nothing... I’ve always been good to you  never once have i in all the years we’ve been together ever so much as told you to shut up.  Either get it together or you’ve got to go 

Jeff loves to tell me “we’re expecting rain in 5 mins”… when it’s already raining and I’m already on wet tyres.

Peak Jeff 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by Monzie83
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Monzie83 said:

Jeff loves to tell me “we’re expecting rain in 5 mins”… when it’s already raining and I’m already on wet tyres.

Peak Jeff 🤦🏽‍♂️

I normally get that it’s still to dry for inters whilst the rest off the grid are already changing over.,, so now I have to keep checking race director cause other teams engineers don’t get it wrong.

Worst one I had though was he called me  said we need to go full wet pit now.. as soon as I got out the pit he tells me inters are the best tyre for these conditions pit this lap

Personally I believe it’s just scripting out in to add different challenges..  I’ve seen I evidence off it..  but It’s just a hunch.. notice Lewis is always has exteme pace at Silverstone, bottas in Russia .. in my last myteam game I was leading championship by over 50 points simply down to.ai drivers being so inconsistent all season... then as I close in on the title with a few laps to spare..  all ai cars develope massive speed it’s ridiculous..: appeare the want you to fight for the championship title and win it at last race off the season...  

Scripting done badly.:. Instead off making the game use script that results in outrageous ai performance...   just get the top rated ai drivers and teams to get more consistent points finished

Edited by ScaredDuck
31 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I normally get that it’s still to dry for inters whilst the rest off the grid are already changing over.,, so now I have to keep checking race director cause other teams engineers don’t get it wrong.

I’ve been burned too many times by Jeff’s suggestion regarding the tyres in the same scenario. He is always too late.

I’m not good in the wet and my pace suffers even with light rain. What I do is keep a mental note of my rough pace in the dry. When the rain drops are “collecting” consistently on the screen, and my pace drops by about a second or so over consecutive laps, or drops at an increasing rate over consecutive laps and I hit that 1 second time difference (and I’ve not made any obvious mistakes), I go in and change tyres. 

This usually get me ahead of the pack in changing tyres, giving me a massive advantage.

• Agree 1
34 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Personally I believe it’s just scripting out in to add different challenges..  I’ve seen I evidence off it

I agree, the game does “things”.

I’ve had drivers have mechanical faults right in front of me and swerve in front of me when exiting fast corners, safety cars that put me at a disadvantage etc etc

1 hour ago, Monzie83 said:

I’ve been burned too many times by Jeff’s suggestion regarding the tyres in the same scenario. He is always too late.

I’m not good in the wet and my pace suffers even with light rain. What I do is keep a mental note of my rough pace in the dry. When the rain drops are “collecting” consistently on the screen, and my pace drops by about a second or so over consecutive laps, or drops at an increasing rate over consecutive laps and I hit that 1 second time difference (and I’ve not made any obvious mistakes), I go in and change tyres. 

This usually get me ahead of the pack in changing tyres, giving me a massive advantage.

I think Jeff seriously upset.. He’s out to get me.  Just raced Spain have leclerc as my team mate... Race is developing well.  Leclerc in 3rd and I’m right behind... boxing this lap for my first stop.... hmmm I think I’ll just ease off the gas jist enough so I canreact if leclerc pits.. sure enough he’s also boxing.... hahaha Jeff I’ll come in next laps thanks

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, Monzie83 said:

I agree, the game does “things”.

I’ve had drivers have mechanical faults right in front of me and swerve in front of me when exiting fast corners, safety cars that put me at a disadvantage etc etc

Agree amount of times in this and 2020 edition where a incident happens but safety car waits and comes out when car in place ahead of me has passed but before I can get past pit exit is way too often resulting in me going a lap down and no chance of catching car in front( happens on Dutch circuit a lot too me).

• Agree 1
On 9/4/2021 at 6:29 PM, ScaredDuck said:

Me and Jeff have been through thick and thin ... also like yourself but when my car ran out of fuel at Bahrain due to reasons I won't go into - he said to me

" Come on now , don't let those guys get away , we need to catch and overtake them" 

I knew it was the beginning of the end for me and Jeff 

• Sad 1

He got really excited in my last race as I passed everyone from 10th as they were in the pits; “you’re in first place, well done!” (or something like that)… I still had my stop to come… Cheers Jeff, cheers… 🤦🏽‍♂️

I will say though he does seem to restrain himself from providing positive feedback once an overtake is done, (“you’re up a place, well done” etc), until I’m on some kind of straight… shame he can’t show the same restraint when coming on the radio to tell me some useless information mid-corner… causing me to bin it 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by Monzie83
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Monzie83 said:

He got really excited in my last race as I passed everyone from 10th as they were in the pits; “you’re in first place, well done!” (or something like that)… I still had my stop to come… Cheers Jeff, cheers… 🤦🏽‍♂️

I will say though he does seem to restrain himself from providing positive feedback once an overtake is done, (“you’re up a place, well done” etc), until I’m on some kind of straight… shame he can’t show the same restraint when coming on the radio to tell me some useless information mid-corner… causing me to bin it 🤦🏽‍♂️

Haha I get put off by him doing that or new strategy in mfd... never tells you that as your coming onto a straight.  Always when your on the most complex part off track.

if you pull a mega late brake dive past a car and hold it... he does get alittle excited

Edited by ScaredDuck