Jump to content Jump to content

Please bring back ability to change difficulty during loading screen

If it's been removed entirely putting it 'back' in may be far more work than we realise. 

I'm assuming they expected loading to be almost instant and so removed it in anticipation, not realising that most players are a while away from that performance level yet. 

• 1 month later...

I agree with this and have to bump the thread, since the issue has not been addressed.

Just started F1 2021 and not having the ability to change difficulty during loading screens ruined the experience from the first race in career mode. The AI has always been a bit inconsistent in F1, particularly F1 2020 for some reason, between practice sessions, quali and race, and between tracks. This was easily overcome by tweaking the difficulty settings, but now we are forced to finish a race session without being able to adjust this, or able to rollback to the workstation.

Please have a solution for this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Putting it in the loading screen would not solve the problem I guess. On the previous console gens - for example - that worked. On current gen of Series X and PS5 the loading time is close to non-existent. I have like 1-2 seconds tops, sometimes it is instant load-in. There would be another solution needed anyway, which might be the reason why it is difficult to implement.

What I personally don't get, maybe someone can explain it to me 🙂 Why do you have to change the AI-difficulty altogether? I am no pro at this game racing at 93AI. In MyTeam there are races where I know the track and have driven it a lot, either online or in Time Trial. For me tracks like these are France, Canada, Sochi and a few others. I love them, so I drive them more often and I am much better on these tracks compared to others and therefore finish where my car is positioned R&D-wise, or better.
On other tracks, where I don`t seem to get a hang of them, like Spain, Australia and Hungary I do really bad, finishing miles off my teammate or my R&D-position. But that's ok and realistic, the key for me would be to drive hundreds of laps on the "bad" tracks and bring them to level of the others and again be able to match the AI. Why should I lower the AI to finish first, knowing I have only done so by driving against potatoes?

For me, it is not the AI% which I adjust, but my personal skill, as it would be in the real racing/competitive world.

Edited by VaiVeloce
2 hours ago, VaiVeloce said:

Putting it in the loading screen would not solve the problem I guess. On the previous console gens - for example - that worked. On current gen of Series X and PS5 the loading time is close to non-existent. I have like 1-2 seconds tops, sometimes it is instant load-in. There would be another solution needed anyway, which might be the reason why it is difficult to implement.

What I personally don't get, maybe someone can explain it to me 🙂 Why do you have to change the AI-difficulty altogether? I am no pro at this game racing at 93AI. In MyTeam there are races where I know the track and have driven it a lot, either online or in Time Trial. For me tracks like these are France, Canada, Sochi and a few others. I love them, so I drive them more often and I am much better on these tracks compared to others and therefore finish where my car is positioned R&D-wise, or better.
On other tracks, where I don`t seem to get a hang of them, like Spain, Australia and Hungary I do really bad, finishing miles off my teammate or my R&D-position. But that's ok and realistic, the key for me would be to drive hundreds of laps on the "bad" tracks and bring them to level of the others and again be able to match the AI. Why should I lower the AI to finish first, knowing I have only done so by driving against potatoes?

For me, it is not the AI% which I adjust, but my personal skill, as it would be in the real racing/competitive world.

There might be people that are doing it because they want easy success but there are also people who can consistently drive at a certain level throughout all tracks and encounter different difficulties at the same AI difficulty depending on the track. This is enhanced by the possibly never fixed high speed AI bug. Even for good players Suzuka is a very tough compared to other tracks. Spa is very easy, except for Pouhon because AI gains up to 0.5s there on you, but because the AI is easy there you end up mostly equal on laptime. For normal players i would absolutely agree that less player skill is often the case but there are some cases where it is really just the AI being too good or too weak. Good example in past year (not as bad this year) was Canada wall of champions chicane. The AI wouldnt attack the chicane nearly as aggressive as players would and always lost a huge load of time there. Which wasnt too bad for me because i always have problems with turn 8 and lost quite some time there. But this has been the case for a while (strong AI in some tracks, weak in others). It will never be perfect though just because, as you said, the players skill does very, even if ever so slightly it will cause minor differences, but it could be a lot closer.

• Agree 1

I do not like how the saves work at all.

I want to be able to save at the workstation and when I restart a session for whatever reason go back to the work station not into the session. I would prefer manual saves to auto saves myself but even doing a mid session save here then moving on it is now back to a save there and my mid session save is gone.

• Agree 1