Jump to content Jump to content

PS4 - If I delete and reinstall f1 2021, will I lose my save games?

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Oh, and I don't think Pitcoins or purchases are actually linked to your game save actually, but rather your PSN profile instead.

Yes they Are linked to your psn profile. You will get them back when logging back on to game

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

This works the same as the USB option provided that PS+ isn't set to auto-sync. 

But if your anything like and hope that your not.... I have loads off games etc saved on loads off usb sticks... and if I have lost the stick... it will be with a bunch off others and have no idea which is which.  Ps+ online storage is the only thing I use.. maybe the occasional game:.. 

but I do like ps+ for ps5 gives you loads off really good classics for free 

Edited by ScaredDuck
32 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

But if your anything like and hope that your not.... I have loads off games etc saved on loads off usb sticks... and if I have lost the stick... it will be with a bunch off others and have no idea which is which.  Ps+ online storage is the only thing I use.. maybe the occasional game:.. 

but I do like ps+ for ps5 gives you loads off really good classics for free 

As I said, so long as you don't use auto-sync the using PS+ is equivalent (provided you're already paying for PS+ of course). If auto-sync is used then this is great as protection from a hardware fault but not if a save game file gets corrupted. The latter sadly has happened to some on F1 2021, where the auto-synced save file has become a copy of the corrupt save before the issue is spotted. Rendering it useless as a back-up.

(I've not got round to playing as of the PS+ Collection of games yet but I was pleased to see the 60 FPS update for Horizon Zero Dawn so this will be improved if I do get round to playing it.)

Edited by Ultra3142
1 hour ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

Could you be more specific about those issues?

I’m having a lot of screen tearing that is visible in the environmental graphics (trees, stands, barriers etc) and graphics being a bit more jagged/ laggy during gameplay - it’s more prevalent when there’s a lot of “action” happening in the race; I’m coming up to other cars/ other cars are coming close to me (within a 1-2 second window either way), and during the pit stop “windows” when everyone is pitting. Also when the race is won by the leader and I’m completing my final lap (s). The graphics are also strained consistently when I have the MFD open (the new tyre wear “damage” pop up is a real headache because of the above). The issue is worse in environmentally detail heavy tracks like Monaco, but it happens on all. It’s slight (in that the game still functions, but it’s quite disorientating and often means my judgement of braking and turning points as well as inputs are a bit “off”, not to mention the issue is distracting. 

I’ve already created a issue report, and will supplement this with some video soon. The issue has been present for me since 1.05. Never had any issues like this in 2020. PS4 is less than 1 year old, all software on current versions. I’ve also taken steps to ease the load on the PS - reduced automatic clip recording to 30 seconds, turned off automatic background downloads, rebuilt PS database etc, and turned off unnecessary things on the OSD; player tags, maps and windows etc.

Edited by Monzie83
  • Agree 1
15 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

I’m having a lot of screen tearing that is visible in the environmental graphics (trees, stands, barriers etc) and graphics being a bit more jagged/ laggy during gameplay - it’s more prevalent when there’s a lot of “action” happening in the race; I’m coming up to other cars/ other cars are coming close to me (within a 1-2 second window either way), and during the pit stop “windows” when everyone is pitting. Also when the race is won by the leader and I’m completing my final lap (s). The graphics are also strained consistently when I have the MFD open (the new tyre wear “damage” pop up is a real headache because of the above). The issue is worse in environmentally detail heavy tracks like Monaco, but it happens on all. It’s slight (in that the game still functions, but it’s quite disorientating and often means my inputs are a bit “off”, and distracting. 

I’ve already created a issue report, and will supplement this with some video soon. The issue has been present for me since 1.05. Never had any issues like this in 2020. PS4 is less than 1 year old, all software on current versions. I’ve also taken steps to ease the load on the PS - reduced automatic clip recording to 30 seconds, turned off automatic background downloads, rebuilt PS database etc, and turned off unnecessary things on the OSD; player tags, maps and windows etc.

So you can add to the report that you even tried reinstalling it...

We'll see after patch 1.10 what has been fixed and what hasn't, and hopefully brand new bugs maybe.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

Are you having similar issues? Curious to know why you asked.

Yes, a long list but what's most annoying now is the Ferrari steering wheel bug (reported since July 13, not fixed considered yet by devs) and the new "flickering dots on tyres" bug which appeared after patch 1.07.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:34 PM, zApPaDiEtRo said:

So you can add to the report that you even tried reinstalling it...

For anyone that might be interested; I managed to reinstall the game and applied the save game without issue, but unfortunately my issue still exists. And the new patch has not resolved the issue either 😭

Edited by Monzie83
  • 2 months later...