Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Co-driver volume (also audio settings in replay)

Asking because i want to know if this is bug or intentional

On default settings (audio settings->everything 100%) Co-driver is hard to hear and gets mixed to other sounds so its hard to hear notes correctly. Changing levels from Audio settings helps but still having minor problems sometimes to hear notes correctly.

In replay these changes become multiplied. Hearing Co-driver clearly, but having other sounds very low on volume and missing some dynamics. I somehow feel that it now doesn't do justice to all that hard worked audio magic (or balance between audio elements) in replays and trying to change settings near the end of the stage is a hassle (settings can not be operated while in replay)

My question is: Is this intentional? Difference between audio levels on replay vs. Gameplay
 Is it because in replay other sounds are quiter as they should be (because they are farther etc.) So Co-driver is heard more clearly.

If it is not intentional, could there be a change made for audio settings be back to default or difference between elements be less for replays and having more difference between audio elements while in gameplay thus compensating higher noise and volume when in closer / in car.

I tested this with multiple speakers and headphones with different settings. 

Thank you

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27480/replay-bug-co-driver-can-be-heard-during-helicopter-footage#latest

This is somewhat related. Like said on this other discussion it is what you see with helicams in real rally videos. I still feel it's too exaggerated when you make changes to audio levels from audio settings. Sounds great on default settings

Hello, how have you got your audio setup in windows?

In the Sound section of Control Panel select Properties for your playback device and tick the Disable all enhancements checkbox in the Enhancements tab.

The co-driver is clear for me on defaults using Sennheiser eH 150 headphones and an e-dac.

The co-driver is a little quiet at Finland as there is a bug that he comes out of the front two channels in a 5.1 setup instead of the centre channel.

@DeputyDiRT 
I had bass boost on (from testing before) so i took it off. With speakers and setting Flat and dynamics high and everything on 100. Some frequencys and things from words the Co-driver is saying still hard to hear. Need to test again with headphones altough if set up correctly you can already hear Co-driver, but problem comes when watching replays because then those changes are / seem to be exaggerated.

When everything is default (all 100%) replay audio balance is good and similar to gameplay audio.

When i use settings like: Co-driver 100%, rest 70% its good in gameplay, but in replays now it sounds more like audio balance is: Co-driver 100%, Rest 50% or even under

Not a big problem but wanted you guys to know!