Jump to content Jump to content

Beginner Friendly Multiplayer Unusably Slow on PS5

I think Codemasters are aware of this but in case not..

• A detailed description of the issue.

The test below is running version 1.09 but since launch the Beginner Friendly mulitplayer option has been essentially unusable due to how long it actually takes to get into a race. Below is a video example from today to give the idea. Relevant timestamps in the video are that at 00:05 I clicked to join a Beginner Friendly race; at 8:11 I get to start the OSQ lap; and then at 16:24 I am finally on the grid with the 30s countdown before the race can start (which it did OK). If you scan through the video with it paused you'll able to see the long periods of black screen where nothing meaningful appears to be happening. The experienece is not exactly the same every time but the few times I've tried it has always taken far to long to be a viable way to play, particularly as the whole point of it is to deliver quick online races.

In case anyone is bored enough to watch the video (!) bad as I am at the game the qualifying is not representative of my normal driving 🙂. I tried to crash before remembering that damage was off, and then proceeded to complete a lap with the contoller I had connected which I never normally use. Fortunately the new patch install meant the game had set itself to Casual game sytle so I was able to get round! In hindsight I could of course have just retired from the session 😄.

• Report Code

BDES-CSXB-RXKG-BASC

• Platform?

PS5 (running in Performance mode at 120 Hz)

• Game-mode?

Online multiplayer - Beginner Freindly option

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

See the video below.

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

No.

• [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

I've tried the same thing perhaps 3 or 4 times since launch, with similarly unusable results each time. The weekly event GPs work absolutely fine for me though so there is no fundamental issue to online play. I have not tried other multiplayer options.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Try to join a Beginner Friendly online lobby.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1
  • Ultra3142 changed the title to Beginner Friendly Multiplayer Unusably Slow on PS5
  • A detailed description of the issue: It’s a weekend, the beginner friendly lobbies are constantly freezing. Why??? Usually one or two race can be completed in 2 hours. Unenjoyable and outrageous! Two weeks ago, this section was broken from Friday to Tuesday morning!!!
  • Another issue: Why does the whole lobby fall apart when one user freezes? Why not kick he out the server for example after a minute? Why does the whole lobby have to fall apart?
  • Report Code: no report code
  • Platform? PC. I think the other platforms are like that
  • Game-mode? Singe. Social play, beginner friendly
  • The amount of players in your session? It does not matter
  • Were you the host? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It does not matter

Edited by IhCM
14 hours ago, IhCM said:

Tuesday, not working. sample.thumb.jpg.5ba257b9da9038c0b5c0698c317a20ab.jpg

Playstation exactly the same. The Devs should be aware of it already as all you have to do is pick Beginner or Experienced option and literally 50% of the time you come up against this issue. I feel your pain amigo. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack11 said:

Playstation exactly the same. The Devs should be aware of it already as all you have to do is pick Beginner or Experienced option and literally 50% of the time you come up against this issue. I feel your pain amigo. 

As do I.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 9/21/2021 at 5:45 PM, BarryBL said:

Do other lobby settings work? Please try to avoid spamming updates

"Do other lobby settings work?"

I don't know, i don't care. I'm not a testing staff. 🙂 I was just kidding, I'm sorry.

I don’t really play in other online sections, but as I looked at they usually work, but I don’t know exactly.

It’s weekend again, the section has been stoping again for a long time, as it usually is on weekends

"Please try to avoid spamming updates" Ok, but i'm not spamming. The test always requires several "measurements", but okay, i don't post more like that. And thank you in advance for your help. Have a nice day

Edited by IhCM

Wow, that really stops now. There has been no such bad lately, except for the ominous 4-day downtime 3 weeks ago. I woke up 2 hours earlier today so I could play before work, but I couldn’t play a single race. And how many times has this happened ...
Dear BarryBL, please help us not to stand all over again until Monday or Tuesday.

P.s: Another hour has passed and he is still standing. I went to work. Be good!

Edited by IhCM
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, IhCM said:

I don't know, i don't care. I'm not a testing staff. 🙂 I was just kidding, I'm sorry.

I don’t really play in other online sections, but as I looked at they usually work, but I don’t know exactly.

It’s weekend again, the section has been stoping again for a long time, as it usually is on weekends

"Please try to avoid spamming updates" Ok, but i'm not spamming. The test always requires several "measurements", but okay, i don't post more like that. And thank you in advance for your help. Have a nice day

It may be due to lacks of players in these specific lobbies. If the overall online lobbies work and are available for you in 'Browse', its a population issue in those lobbies. If they do not, its possibly a connectivity related issue here

From your messages, it seems to be a population issue. It would make sense it would work more at the weekend, as more people will have time to play the game and more players will search for those lobbies. 

• Like 1
On 9/24/2021 at 5:05 AM, IhCM said:

The other lobbies have the same issue but to a lesser degree, as they are less populated. Most players on 2021 are in the one of the preset lobbies. If you browse, the lobbies that are nearly full are always a preset lobby.

It concerns me CM are asking questions about this. I automatically assumed such a huge issue was being sorted. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack11 said:

It concerns me CM are asking questions about this. I automatically assumed such a huge issue was being sorted. 

Agreed. I posted my report (linked above) thinking it presumably was a well known major issue but wanted to be sure. That thread got precisely zero replies.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 9/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, Whiskeyjack11 said:

I agree, I noticed that too. And I'm sad. Needless to say, but the beginner section hasn’t been going on for hours. This problem has existed for years.

On 9/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, Whiskeyjack11 said:

The other lobbies have the same issue but to a lesser degree, as they are less populated. Most players on 2021 are in the one of the preset lobbies. If you browse, the lobbies that are nearly full are always a preset lobby.

Exactly

On 9/27/2021 at 5:46 PM, IhCM said:

I agree, I noticed that too. And I'm sad. Needless to say, but the beginner section hasn’t been going on for hours. This problem has existed for years.

The specific beginner lobbies that I have been referring to were a new feature in F1 2021.

Edited by Ultra3142
16 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

The specific beginner lobbies that I have been referring to were a new feature in F1 2021.

I understand. I was thinking about connectivity issues and freezes that are same in every lobby.

(off: There have been a lot of bugs again since the last update.)