Jump to content Jump to content

Online Multiplayer on PlayStation

Ultra.......the Beginner friendly option was put back in the create sessions so the best way to find these races is look in Browse list or start one yourself. As you said the BF lobby doesn't work the way it should and I wholeheartedly agree with that.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

Ultra.......the Beginner friendly option was put back in the create sessions so the best way to find these races is look in Browse list or start one yourself. As you said the BF lobby doesn't work the way it should and I wholeheartedly agree with that.

My intention was for this thread to be about all multiplayer options, I just happen to have tried the beginner friendly one. My suspicion is that the Experienced Social Play and Ranked options perform similarly but I was curious to see (and obviously make sure this was on Codemasters' radar).

Actually I've just tried to get into an Experienced Social Play lobby. Two attempts both gave an error saying the session no longer exists 🙄.

It may be that browsing for races is the only viable option but obviously much more is intended!

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
On 9/8/2021 at 3:04 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Well this thread went well :classic_rolleyes:. So far absolutely nobody has added their experience on PlayStatation, just one person on XBOX :classic_biggrin:.

I gave up on online racing in F1 because 99% of players are completely out of their depth. I imagine there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MikeV27 said:

I gave up on online racing in F1 because 99% of players are completely out of their depth. I imagine there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

Cause ya have to relearn even cars, so its start all over again. There needs to be a mode in game for this but I bet adjusting AI for this is a nightmare. Still we need something to make the leap not so far.

On 9/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, Ultra3142 said:

I've edited the title to say PlayStation rather than PS5, since I think lobbies are joint PS4 and PS5, right?

Thanks. I've been working on the assumption it's hopeless for everyone but on at least one thread I had a discussion with someone who seemed to think it wasn't too bad so I thought I'd try to find out. Possibly it's improved on PC but not console. I know it was hopeless on PC too, as shown by for example Jimmy Broadbent's video on the subject. 

The multiplayer is definitely broken. (PS5). I have played it most days since release and it's actually been worse after the 2 server shutdowns. 

The initial big problem was players not loading INTO the race after the lobby had ended. They have mostly fixed that with a timer that forces the race to start. 

However the exact same issue (I think) is affecting lobbies AFTER the race with players not loading back into the lobby and crashing the whole lobby. I think it's usually the host who causes the problem but not sure.  

This is causing a huge issue with the Beginner friendly and Experienced Drivers quick start lobbies. These will generally be full but at least 50% of the time you join, the lobby is stuck, identifiable at the top of the screen showing 1 player in Race Results. This is because all the other players in the race have had to shut down the game, when they get stuck in the loading screens after the race. 

A lot of people don't realise the lobby is stuck and often I go back half an hour later and the same (always full) lobby, at the same track, with the same host, is still stuck.

Can you imagine the number of players waiting for a game who sack it off only to be replaced by other poor players. 

It's a collossal waste of everyone's time and I wish I wasn't so hopelessly addicted to the multiplayer gameplay. 

Oh and I am also stuck as Carlos Sainz. Ace. 

In short, on PS5 at least, the multiplayer is utterly, utterly ******.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1