Jump to content Jump to content

Wheel spin in straight line… apparently

How do I stop wheel spin when travelling in a straight line? I don’t mean exiting a corner, I mean 8th gear, WOT, no steering input?

I am doing the “Tyre Management” program and have great tire wear through the corners, the indicator is near the max of the purple bar. When I get onto a long straight however that all changes. The wear indicator drops from nearly the max purple far right of the bar into the middle of the green. Given that I am travelling in a straight line in top gear the only plausible explanation is wheel spin from the rear.

So how exactly do I reduce this excessive tire wear that is occurring on the one part of the track where tire wear should be at an absolute minimum? Or is this something else that this game has screwed up.

Are you running ok settings for tyre pressures, camber and toe? Specially the latter, as they can cause an above average tyre dreg when going straight.

"Ok settings" is quite generic, I know. But that's the point, I don't think anything other than extreme settings should have this big of an impact on the wear rate.

Other than that, made you found a particular path of R&D upgrades that let the tyre wear drag (pun unintended) your overall performance.

Either way that looks like an issue worth raising to the devs. It would be helpful if you could attach a clip or pics from your R&D tree.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, MAH87143 said:

How do I stop wheel spin when travelling in a straight line? I don’t mean exiting a corner, I mean 8th gear, WOT, no steering input?

I am doing the “Tyre Management” program and have great tire wear through the corners, the indicator is near the max of the purple bar. When I get onto a long straight however that all changes. The wear indicator drops from nearly the max purple far right of the bar into the middle of the green. Given that I am travelling in a straight line in top gear the only plausible explanation is wheel spin from the rear.

So how exactly do I reduce this excessive tire wear that is occurring on the one part of the track where tire wear should be at an absolute minimum? Or is this something else that this game has screwed up.

Are you bottoming out?  I have never tried this but am tempted to try a high rear downforce, soft suspension, 1-1 ride height setup to see if I can replicate this.  
Otherwise, I have never seen that happen.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, SASColfer said:

How far into the career are you? I'd suggest probably set up related but could be due to upgrades causing issues/bugs.

This is a good point. I usually play on MyTeam and in the first season the car was unstable in the rear through faster corners so I adjusted suspension, ARB, camber and toe. And I had to be much more cautious with the throttle (a bit of lifting doesn’t hurt too much). Tyre wear was higher for sure.

In season two with upgraded parts I could lessen these to more of what I’d expect, and apply more throttle easily and tyre wear also improved.

Edited by Monzie83