Jump to content Jump to content

Cars ghosting in co-op career mode.

• Me and a friend is playing co-op carrer and our cars keep ghosting when spinning, driving slow and getting lapped. We have collisons on but there is no option to turn off ghosting completely in the menu. In previous games we could do this.
  • We are playing on PC
  • It's really ruining the game because as soon as we have a small incident we ghost immediatly.
  • A detailed description of the issue.

Playing two player career and if you spin out your car immediately ghosts until you've rejoined the circuit and driven a few yards. You also get this if you go behind a car that has already lapped you as seen in the video I've posted with it. The car that go to lap you will also ghost and just drive through you to lap you. This is quite frustrating because they pull behind you and you slow to let them past but they are all ghosted. I couldn't get a capture of that. In my team I ghosted after I crashed with my team mate, but that was brief as you can see in that video. But two player career you always ghost if you spin or being lapped. This was happening in 1.09 so it's not this update that has caused it I don't think. I didn't report it sooner as I didn't play much recently and the new update was coming out. I hope the videos help. 

• Report Code

Vjea-tkaa-smvp-gceg

• Platform?

Xbox one 

• Game-mode?

Two player career(although my team briefly did it in the video I posted but to keep it simple two player career)

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

Two players. morrisseyviva & dividingaunt617

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

Yes

• What troubleshooting have you tried?
  • Tried different settings. Nothing changes it. 
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.
  • Uploaded two cases of it. First video is two player career and second is my team.  
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Spin out at any point, be lapped and the cars ghost, or pull up behind a car that has previously lapped you 

Edited by morrisseyviva99
Username was misspelt.
  • Agree 3

@BarryBL Here is a bug report and videos of what happens with this ghosting issue. Looked at settings and there's nothing I've changed or can see that changes this. Happened in versions 1.09 and the latest. Hope this helps. Thanks. Oh and great job with the 1.10 fixes, the races on two player can be completed and the experience is much better. This is a very minor issue. 👍

• Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
17 hours ago, Rykelly said:

@BarryBL hi, can you give us an update if this is being investigated? It's ruining 2 player coop mode and was working before!

Thanks

Still being investigated, can you provide your information the same way @morrisseyviva99 has.

As many videos as possible will help, alongside the bug report and 2player career names (feel free to add these in DM's if needed)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, BarryBL said:

Still being investigated, can you provide your information the same way @morrisseyviva99 has.

As many videos as possible will help, alongside the bug report and 2player career names (feel free to add these in DM's if needed)

Any updates on this? It might not seem that big of a deal but it really ruins immersion. I'm not the greatest driver so this happens to me constantly, it shouldn't. There's also the problem that has been around for many years (at least from what I've heard) that you can't overtake cars that have lapped you, that makes no sense, please, this stuff is important and needs to be fixed...

Edited by StiizZy
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL is there any update for ghosting being automatically on for every game mode except multiplayer and leagues? This isn’t just an issue with co op career it’s the option doesn’t exist in simulation settings in these modes unlike multiplayer or leagues where I can manually turn it on or off I just don’t know why when the option exists that it’s being hidden from us outside these online modes. Really destroys playing with ghosting on and would take all of 2 minutes for anyone to see this start career click settings and the option isn’t there. Start practice stop on track and will ghost straight away. I love this game it’s concept and what codemasters have tried to do. It’s such a shame that something like this really kills it for me as it’s not a small thing please if this can be resolved 

• Agree 1

Hi,

Same issue here, tried a second campaign just now still having the ghosting issue.

With the old campaign it is not there at all. 
I love this game, and Co-Op career is a big part of that, however the ghosting issue is ruining that part of the fun.

Seeing multiple people provide the same information, old campaigns seem to be working just fine but new ones don't? 
I can understand bigger bugs taking priority, but seeing as this should be a simple switch of adding the option back in to the menus ( Seeing as it was disabled at one point in time ) it shouldn't have to wait 10 patches in order to be fixed. 

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

yesterday I started with my friend 2 player co-op career with settings which are attached bellow. Collisions were set to on, now I can´t find it in settings. Already in first practice we discover, that we have car ghosting turn on, which we didn´t wanted. Ghosting was applied if car had low speed, after spin etc. and was turn off when car had speed aproximatelly 100 km/h. After some googling we found post (https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/86354-two-player-career-mode-ghosting/?tab=comments#comment-663282) in which user recommended mess around with the different simulation settings except Car damage and Car damage rate.

We tried it and in another practice we got different car ghosting. Ghosting wasn´t too agresive - was applied only if car was standing, after spin and was disabled proximatelly in speed 50 km/h. In another session we tried it again and got different ghosting (middle from these two).

@BarryBL Is there any possibility to turn off car ghosting? Do you need some special testing/data for solving it? 🙂

assists.png

career.png

rules.png

simulation.png

• Agree 1

Same issue here. 
In ps5 2 player coop mode. 
When the cars spins or gets touched it will go ghost immediately. This is really annoying also because safety car wil not deploy. We had a crash with 3 cars, all 3 in the middle of a corner with increased safety car deployment. And all 3 became ghosted and everyone drove through us. No safety car deployed.  This happening to the player and to the AI.  Please make it optional or take it away this is so annoying. 

• Agree 2