Jump to content Jump to content

Want: More even spread of difficulty among the tracks

F1 2021 was my first step into the F1 series and I am really enjoying it. I am now mid-way through my second season and I am no starting to get relatively ok at the tracks (AI difficulty level at 80), however, because of this I am now starting to realise there is a huge discrepancy between the level of the AI among the tracks.

For example, at AI 80 I can autowin tracks like Italy, Bahrain, Russia and Canada (unless I crash of course), whereas tracks like Australia, Zandvoort, Monaco, Japan, I can get hosed on because they can seemingly do some of the corners at speeds I simply cannot achieve. 

I mean Russia has got to be one of the easiest tracks going, so much so I can win by 20+ seconds. 

What I'd love from a future patch or version is for some AI balancing to be done on some of the hardest tracks and some of the easiest. I'm loathe to spend much of my precious time individually calibrating the AI level for each track, even though I'm beginning to think this is something I'm going to have to do simply to maintain interest....

• Agree 1

If you winning any track by 20 seconds then the level is to low . Russia is a tricky track with the kerbs this year . But yes there is a issue which has made me just not bother with this game recently as you mentioned the ai are just broke in high speed sections. I race on 101 and it very frustrating to be matching your teammate then suddenly loose over half second in literary a corner because they just have insane grip . Apparently it been addressed but it shouldn't have been there in first place as it glaringly obvious and clearly the testing has been of a shockingly low standard as this just had so many issues/bugs and just basic features missing or not working right....

When you say "addressed", do you mean it has been fixed and is now live?  Or that it's coming in a confirmed future update?

If the former, then I didn't see evidence of it when I raced Zandvoort the other day. 

Edited by Jamborinio

Lol been getting addressed for a while apparently buy no it definitely not fixed and I'm not convinced it going to be to be honest . Loosing faith in this edition.... Nothing confirmed it been looked in to but that doesn't mean they will do anything about it ....

4 hours ago, Jamborinio said:

F1 2021 was my first step into the F1 series and I am really enjoying it. I am now mid-way through my second season and I am no starting to get relatively ok at the tracks (AI difficulty level at 80), however, because of this I am now starting to realise there is a huge discrepancy between the level of the AI among the tracks.

For example, at AI 80 I can autowin tracks like Italy, Bahrain, Russia and Canada (unless I crash of course), whereas tracks like Australia, Zandvoort, Monaco, Japan, I can get hosed on because they can seemingly do some of the corners at speeds I simply cannot achieve. 

I mean Russia has got to be one of the easiest tracks going, so much so I can win by 20+ seconds. 

What I'd love from a future patch or version is for some AI balancing to be done on some of the hardest tracks and some of the easiest. I'm loathe to spend much of my precious time individually calibrating the AI level for each track, even though I'm beginning to think this is something I'm going to have to do simply to maintain interest....

Agree.

It’s something that has been asked for multiple times in the suggestions area.

There must be some way they can leverage data from time trial and race pace programs to help “smooth” the inconsistencies (see my linked comment below). My feeling is they’ve feared this based on F1 driver times as opposed to the user base times and ability.

It’s mad I win races easily at some tracks and then struggle to break into top 10 at others with the same AI level.

There are some AI difficulty calculators you can use to help smooth that difficulty, but then it’s up to the individual to change this and find that balance each race. 

Worth adding a comment/ support/ like for threads like the below to help gain traction.

Edited by Monzie83
4 hours ago, Jamborinio said:

This should help you:

• Like 1