Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] Game will not start properly (detecting wrong version of Windows)

• A detailed description of the issue: When I try to start my game, a popup appears, that states, that I my Windows version is older, than the required one. 
  • Report Code: ESPX-BGVV-VRCM-ABMG (one of many)
  • Platform? PC
  • Game-mode? All of them, because the error appears, when I try to launch the game through steam or my desktop shortcut. The window pops up before the scene with the EA logo plays.
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: Please look at the attached .txt file. DxDiag.txt The model of the motherboard can be found under "System Model", the make is Gigabyte
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: I tried to update my Windows version, but it didn't help. Furthermore I also verified my game files through Steam.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: Please take a look at the attached image. Screenshot_175.png.dee0369c6da300e08913d8a5b0ed0404.png
  • It is in German, so here is a translation: F1 2021 - Attention / Your Windows - vesion is older then the required minimum version -- Windows 10 Version 1709 (Build 16299). Please Upgrade to the latest version. / Do you want to continue? / Yes / No; If I click on yes, the game loads, as if nothing happen, and works fine.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: I think, that this one is hard to replicate for others. Maybe the steps are, to get my excact system elements like motherboard, gpu, cpu, etc. and also get the windows version 21h1 build 19043.1165. As stated before, this error happens everytime I try to launch the game.
  • Please contact me if you need more information. I can't really explain the bug/error.
Edited by MaxiderZocker
added make of motherboard
5 hours ago, MaxiderZocker said:
  • A detailed description of the issue: When I try to start my game, a popup appears, that states, that I my Windows version is older, than the required one. 
  • Report Code: ESPX-BGVV-VRCM-ABMG (one of many)
  • Platform? PC
  • Game-mode? All of them, because the error appears, when I try to launch the game through steam or my desktop shortcut. The window pops up before the scene with the EA logo plays.
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: Please look at the attached .txt file. DxDiag.txt The model of the motherboard can be found under "System Model", the make is Gigabyte
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried: I tried to update my Windows version, but it didn't help. Furthermore I also verified my game files through Steam.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: Please take a look at the attached image. Screenshot_175.png.dee0369c6da300e08913d8a5b0ed0404.png
  • It is in German, so here is a translation: F1 2021 - Attention / Your Windows - vesion is older then the required minimum version -- Windows 10 Version 1709 (Build 16299). Please Upgrade to the latest version. / Do you want to continue? / Yes / No; If I click on yes, the game loads, as if nothing happen, and works fine.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: I think, that this one is hard to replicate for others. Maybe the steps are, to get my excact system elements like motherboard, gpu, cpu, etc. and also get the windows version 21h1 build 19043.1165. As stated before, this error happens everytime I try to launch the game.
  • Please contact me if you need more information. I can't really explain the bug/error.

Would seem odd, there is an update error in the WER in dxdiag.

Perhaps a reinstall of the last Windows patch might be worthwhile?

Then try a UEFI update (it will probably remove the OEM branding - please refer to Gigabyte SOP) or contact the system vendor.

So i tried to reinstall the latest windows patch, but at first the installer said, that no installation was neccesary for my system. the I let the Update center check, and it found 2 updates, I installed those, tried to open the game, and still the error. after that, i tried to install the windows patch you provided once again, but this time it said, that the updade isn't suitible for my system. no I'll try the uefi update.

• Thanks 1