Jump to content Jump to content

[XBOX] - Telemetry data not transmiting

I have enabled telemetry settings in the game but no UDP data is transmitting. I have previously used F1 2020 with the same settings with no issues.

Version is 1.09.804195 on the menu screen yet 1.0.80.4195 in the manage game options on the xbox dash

I have tested this on the solo grand prix mode with no joy at all, previous 2020 version works perfect in the same mode.

This issue is constant every time I attempt with no special way to recreate other than play the grand prix mode from the solo tab.

I have used several mobile apps which receive no data (f1 2020 game works fine) and I have even tried changing the format to 2020, 2019, 2018 with no joy.

I used wireshark on my windows laptop which reports no UDP data traffic during the game play. F1 2020 the traffic is clearly captured using the same method and ip address and ports. I have even used broadcast mode and still no data transmits.

Whether the report code is significant I do not know as there is no discernable ERROR as such just lack of data. But here it is anyway:

CCPR-DPHD-MCJA-GCEG

Attached an image of the telemetry settings just to show you what is set, probably of no help but its there anyway. Same settings as my F1 2020.

Really is baffling and unless I'm missing something totally silly I'm at a loss.

I appreciate any input thank you.

Stewart

20210910_215335.jpg

Thank you for your bug report

I don't really have anything I could help you with at the moment. As this is an UDP issue to an extent, I'll tag @Hoo here in case he has some more knowledge about this issue.

• Codemasters Staff

Hi @High500 - pleae could you confirm the following:

• What type of Xbox kit are you using?
  • Does enabling broadcast allows the data to transmit?
  • The above screenshot show you in the garage - does this start transmitting once on track?

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi @High500 - pleae could you confirm the following:

• What type of Xbox kit are you using?
  • Does enabling broadcast allows the data to transmit?
  • The above screenshot show you in the garage - does this start transmitting once on track?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Xbox one x, no broadcast doesn't work , I have tried on track I was just in the garage to get the screen shot.

Stewart

12 hours ago, Rango said:

Strange... XSX here and udp has been working fine for me in every update. Maybe it's a last gen issue? Have you tried since yesterday's update? 

Not yet will do today, does seem strange noone else has reported it yet. I do have an XSX but won't be on that for another week its at home I'm away at the moment. There is a XSS here but I have a disc game so no testing. Weird how the previous title 2020 works.

Will report back later after I've gotten to test the update.

Stewart

OK update didn't fix anything, the xbox is still not transmitting UDP traffic from this game and I have verified that F1 2020 is still working fine and transmitting data as expected.

Edited by High500
Update
  • 2 weeks later...

Tested xbox series x exact same problem, F1 2020 telemetry works fine  F1 2021 has no telemetry whatsoever.

This thread still states awaiting info yet I have answered all the questions posed to me for more info.

Anyone shed any light? 

Thanks

Stewart

The issue is it seems to be a singular report. It's not being reported by others. Appreciate your frustration but it's likely an own equipment problem.

Are you sure the app you are using is updated / built for F1 2021?

Have you tried F1 2020 legacy telemetry mode (UDP Format setting)?

Advise you factory reset your router. Do you use a reserved / static LAN IP for your receiver?

Edited by steviejay69
  • Codemasters Staff

@High500 - we've not been able to repeat these issues internally. There is a known issue with the Xbox UDP broadcasting mode which is fixed in the next game update (v1.12), so it would be interesting to know if this has any effect on your issue.