Jump to content Jump to content

Spain and Abu Dhabi layout change


Recommended Posts

Technically Abu Dhabi hasn’t changed yet. The track is still under construction irl. The changes were also announced mid season and are quite extensive so I’ll give them a pass on this until 2022.

Not putting the new Turn 10 in Spain in time for the game’s release was quite a laughable decision I think.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic was discussed many times before the premiere of the game.
Australia canceled so the topic ended.
Spain needs one corner to be improved and I don't understand why they don't want to change it.
Abu Dhabi will only be there so it could be improved later.
I am also of the opinion that since this is an official game, it should be as close as possible to what we have in real life, because there is such a problem with the tracks that in real life they are still there, so F1 confirms that something is canceled and something will be different and not has a problem and here in a few days you will not do a new one, so we need to understand it somehow.
Some said that there will be no changes, others that there is something to be, and everyone writes something different, you have to wait for what will happen and that's it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

This topic was discussed many times before the premiere of the game.
Australia canceled so the topic ended.
Spain needs one corner to be improved and I don't understand why they don't want to change it.
Abu Dhabi will only be there so it could be improved later.
I am also of the opinion that since this is an official game, it should be as close as possible to what we have in real life, because there is such a problem with the tracks that in real life they are still there, so F1 confirms that something is canceled and something will be different and not has a problem and here in a few days you will not do a new one, so we need to understand it somehow.
Some said that there will be no changes, others that there is something to be, and everyone writes something different, you have to wait for what will happen and that's it.

As far as Codemasters said there will be no changes at all which is sad but understandable.. They should employ a few more people for working on the tracks but they just cant hire 30 people to possibly keep up with any possible layout or track changes that can occur throughout a season.. Thats just not how it works, would be nice but will never happen and as work on the track itself and retraining AI takes quite some time people will have to deal with no changes

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meza994 said:

As far as Codemasters said there will be no changes at all which is sad but understandable.. They should employ a few more people for working on the tracks but they just cant hire 30 people to possibly keep up with any possible layout or track changes that can occur throughout a season.. Thats just not how it works, would be nice but will never happen and as work on the track itself and retraining AI takes quite some time people will have to deal with no changes

In my opinion, a game that is an official game should include these things.
What an excuse that they are making new tracks, well they are doing it, but still the same argument, just like game developers are constantly hiding behind a pandemic if something does not work out.
This game could have been the best version if, after many years, they would update the tracks, but we will probably never see it as they have done absolutely NOTHING with them for so many years.
Adding aramco and other plates are not changes on the tracks as if someone wrote that they changed something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

In my opinion, a game that is an official game should include these things.
What an excuse that they are making new tracks, well they are doing it, but still the same argument, just like game developers are constantly hiding behind a pandemic if something does not work out.
This game could have been the best version if, after many years, they would update the tracks, but we will probably never see it as they have done absolutely NOTHING with them for so many years.
Adding aramco and other plates are not changes on the tracks as if someone wrote that they changed something.

Dude chill out.. Do you have any idea how many people it would need to jump in and make all the tracks that were added last year? Do you have any idea how much something like homeoffice can disturb the workflow of a team? Have you even looked at some tracks? Yes changes have been few but there have been a few.. Unless you start coding yourself you cant make any statements on it..

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meza994 said:

Dude chill out.. Do you have any idea how many people it would need to jump in and make all the tracks that were added last year? Do you have any idea how much something like homeoffice can disturb the workflow of a team? Have you even looked at some tracks? Yes changes have been few but there have been a few.. Unless you start coding yourself you cant make any statements on it..

Don't comment until you've learned to read.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a lawyer. All my work centers in paperwork and these days it's pretty much all digital - folders of PDF files instead of piles of paper.

This particular case got an appeal submitted to a federal court. I've got this modestly made Excel sheet with 100 similar cases catalogued to get a feeling for how long it would probably take for the piece to be ruled and the case closed.

Modestly made, but with different averages for different scenarios and even accounting for the different performances of this particular court's components.

Worst case scenario, December 2020. Best case scenario, late September 2020.

All paperwork. Digital paperwork. And yet the proceedings concluded on September 2nd 2021. 

Sorry, mate. Maybe you've got more experience than I in a field more closely related to game development, AI and 3D modeling, but I audibly hiss every time someone causally drops a "hiding behind the pandemic excuse" or the like.

Honest to the almighty, bless you if your line of work didn't got a hit from the pandemic or, if it did, things are already 100% back to what they were. But laying here in my ignorance these remarks on game development and covid all sound way, way, waaaay off the mark.

Edited by marioho
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, marioho said:

I'm a lawyer. All my work centers in paperwork and these days it's pretty much all digital - folders of PDF files instead of piles of paper.

This particular case got an appeal submitted to a federal court. I've got this modestly made Excel sheet with 100 similar cases catalogued to get a feeling for how long it would probably take for the piece to be ruled and the case closed.

Modestly made, but with different averages for different scenarios and even accounting for the different performances of this particular courts components.

Worst case scenario, December 2020. Best case scenario, late September 2020.

All paperwork. Digital paperwork. And yet the proceedings concluded on September 2nd 2021. 

Sorry, mate. Maybe you've got more experience than I in a field more closely related to game development, AI and 3D modeling, but I audibly hiss every time someone causally drops a "hiding behind the pandemic excuse" or the like. Honest to the almighty, bless you if your line of work didn't got a hit from the pandemic or, if it did, things are already 100% back to what they were.

I did not know that correcting the curbs on the tracks takes about 6 years because that's how long their tracks have xD

Just like fifa, they don't have to do too much because people buy them anyway, so why try.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And fixing these kerbs are like lining a wall on your Sim's house?

How does it work? We've got this bunch of lazy devs idling with their feet on the table just chilling between game launches?

Year in and year out we've got consistent improvements shipped alongside what we can all call "consistent" bugs. This is a sign of interrupt work with thin resources to me, the result of medium studio running a business model consistent of annualized releases.

What makes you think otherwise? "Reasonably", I should add. Because even my mom has ideas about how Neymar should be played and how the economy should be run.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...