Jump to content Jump to content

You can't drive like this on Xbox F1 2021 Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & ClubSport Steering Wheel V2

• A detailed description of the issue: The turning on the wheel that I use on Xbox, you can't drive like this. As soon as I turn it at a corner at roughly 90 degrees it makes you do a 180 degree turn on the game. You'll be able to see both on the game footage and via my webcam. I use the exact same settings on PS5 except with different wheel ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 Esports and have no issues. I did the same thing on the last game F1 2020 and had no issues Now on this game, this is purely undriveable on Xbox. Please fix this so that I can drive normally again on Xbox
  • Report Code: HCCH-RSKX-ESRV-GMJG
  • Platform: Xbox One (Xbox Series X to be precise) 
  • Game-mode: Time-Trial (not sure if its the same in other modes but I assume it would be
  • [ONLINE] N/A
  • [ONLINE] N/A
  • [PC ONLY] N/A
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Back on 1.07 I did uninstall the whole game and re-installed it, did absolutely nothing. Don't preferably want to do it again on the current version
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue?  

• How do you make the problem happen? Unknown

I had this problem (animation and actual steering input of the wheel are out of sync) and installed 411. The problem is a bit different but it’s still there. 

if I set the wheel sensitivity to auto, the steering is in sync but I have no limits on my wheel (I can rotate past 360 but the animation obviously doesn’t go past that). If I set my wheel sensitivity to 360, the animation and input are yet again out of sync. 

anyone else with this problem?

3 hours ago, raesu said:

I had this problem (animation and actual steering input of the wheel are out of sync) and installed 411. The problem is a bit different but it’s still there. 

if I set the wheel sensitivity to auto, the steering is in sync but I have no limits on my wheel (I can rotate past 360 but the animation obviously doesn’t go past that). If I set my wheel sensitivity to 360, the animation and input are yet again out of sync. 

anyone else with this problem?

Check for correct operation in Fanatec properties. (Uninstall Fanatec software, reboot and reinstall, reboot if not working).

Delete the custom wheel schema in F1 2021. Close the game. Verify Steam files, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and launch the game.

Go into settings, verify the default schema works as expected in-game before saving a custom version. 

If it fails at the last hurdle, delete the custom schema, try mapping keys one at a time and saving. testing after each save. Let me know if it's still an issue and post a dxdiag with the mainboard make and model.

Edited by steviejay69
2 hours ago, RoscoArm said:

I've now fixed the issue with the latest Fanatec updates. Cheers

Rosco can you explain your current settings that fixed it? On the wheel and in-game. I installed the 411 drivers and the issue still persists. What sensitivity do you have set on the wheel?

stevie, I’m on Xbox.  any other suggestions?

6 minutes ago, raesu said:

Rosco can you explain your current settings that fixed it? On the wheel and in-game. I installed the 411 drivers and the issue still persists. What sensitivity do you have set on the wheel?

stevie, I’m on Xbox.  any other suggestions?

You said you'd installed 411 - for XBox that would have been "I've installed the latest firmware" 🙂

4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

You said you'd installed 411 - for XBox that would have been "I've installed the latest firmware" 🙂

Sorry, must say I don’t quite understand all the layers of software to update the firmware. I installed the 411 driver bundle, connected my wheel/base and put it into pc mode, then installed new driver versions for both.

Any suggestions from here? Would like to hear more from Rosco. Thanks!

• Agree 1

Honestly not much. Just updated all the drivers for the wheel base and all the wheels that I have which is ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 (Xbox),  ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 Esports (PlayStation) and Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 and I got the same feeling that I have on PlayStation now on both Xbox and PC. Whether your Vibration & Force Feedback settings are different to mine or not
Mine is Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 120, On Track Effects: 0, Rumble Strip Effects: 0, Wheel Damper: 12, Understeer Enhance: On, Maximum Wheel Rotation: 360 degrees. Maybe fiddle with your settings, see if that changes anything

7 hours ago, RoscoArm said:

Honestly not much. Just updated all the drivers for the wheel base and all the wheels that I have which is ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 (Xbox),  ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 Esports (PlayStation) and Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 and I got the same feeling that I have on PlayStation now on both Xbox and PC. Whether your Vibration & Force Feedback settings are different to mine or not
Mine is Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 120, On Track Effects: 0, Rumble Strip Effects: 0, Wheel Damper: 12, Understeer Enhance: On, Maximum Wheel Rotation: 360 degrees. Maybe fiddle with your settings, see if that changes anything

On Xbox does your wheel stop at the limits of 360 degrees? My wheel matches the turn animation, but I can freely turn the wheel past the limit. It’s a really bad feeling. My wheels sensitivity is set to auto. If I set it to 360 the turning input gets totally out of whack again.