Jump to content Jump to content

What's the difference..........

Well, the others have a setup that works well for them, and they can drive ūüėõ, probably without assists.

I am driving without assists as well and put a lot of testing into my setups, still I meet drivers that go 1.5 - 2 seconds faster and I have no clue how. Its like they had an overtake button that I dont have. But face the truth, some people know how to drive, and some dont.

Forget about the best laptimes in time trial though, there are a lof of shennanigans going on with that. Best way to compare your performance in time trial: look for famous e-sports drivers that you know, e.g. Jarno Opmeer, and check what his times are. By the way, you can copy his setup if you select him in the time trial hitlist. But beware, you will not be faster with his setup, until you learn to drive (it).

Edited by Schneehase
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
5 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

With even cars? Is there some trick to making them fast? I am very slow when I try multiplayer.........help!

It's impossible to say without knowing which assists you use and how much work has gone into your setup, though I will say it's possible to be relatively competitive with the default setups as multiplayer more than single player comes down to your own level of driving skill and your consistency at performing to that level compared to the other players in the session. 

It's also worth noting that players use ERS at different times and sometimes someone can seem super fast simply because they have Overtake active at a time when yours is empty, for example. 

14 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

But face the truth, some people know how to drive, and some dont.

Yup, as with real life, some people are just very good at driving, they take more ambitious, lines, they can control the car better under later braking, and they can do this consistently over the length of the race. 

Most people are just in the average bracket, including myself, but that still means you can a lot of fun racing online and given the madness of the current online setup, you can grab some race wins and great results yourself just by driving a reasonable pace consistently. 

Edited by KNT2011
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

(Some people know how to drive and some dont) I agree that's me however even in a straight line with ers the car seems slow.

(Its impossible to say without knowing what assists you use) ABS...cant see how that would slow me down so much. The other one is probably whats causing this issue for me then...Auto Transmission, which I use because of mild arthritis which makes it difficult to use index and thumb at same time. Have a starter wheel on order to deal with this very issue.

Is the difference between auto and manuel(sp) that big?

23 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

(Some people know how to drive and some dont) I agree that's me however even in a straight line with ers the car seems slow.

A straight is fundamentally a patch of tarmac in between two turns. Your performance in there cannot be taken in isolation: it depends on your line on the previous corner, how much speed did you carry, and your acceleration out of it.

Don't worry though. Having a wheel on the way your driving is going to change a lot and hopefully you'll find a groove that suits you well. I haven't tested it, but I'd wager I'd be a 1-2s slower if I were to simply turn on automatic gears again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

As mario says... the amount off speed you carry onto the straight is vital... slow in, car must be settled, you must hit apex, then hammer down fast out.... 

For instance Even though monza may seem easy... you get it slightly wrong and scrub to much speed through the second chicane. It’s impossible,  all things being equal to catchup. Getting the exit right sets you up for  the start off 2 high speed sectors.

mario explains it better

Before anyone says anything yes the chicane is once sector 2 but it’s at the start off sector 2

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, marioho said:

2 hours ago, marioho said:

Don't worry though. Having a wheel on the way your driving is going to change a lot and hopefully you'll find a groove that suits you well. I haven't tested it, but I'd wager I'd be a 1-2s slower if I were to simply turn on automatic gears again. 

Im sure the wheel and pedals are going to be a new challenge as ive been on controller for a year so far. Taking corners in 2nd instead of 1st and so on through the gears has always seem to me it would be faster.

Thanks everyone for your help