Jump to content Jump to content

Look at something old for inspiration

I mentioned once or 100 times

F1 Championship edition had some nice features.  That with alittle updating would still work well esp help setting car up during practice.

also start off career,  you have to do a trial and beat a lap time for which ever team you want to join.  Better teams require you to set faster time.  You only get to pick 3 teams to tryout for.  From mid table down.  If you fail to beat any time you by default become 2nd driver to worst off the 3 teams.

Which brings me to depending by how much you beat target time set by a team depends on whether you become 1st, or 2nd driver.

F1 CE actually made you third driver if you were pants and the game would simulate the season And stop at various points where you hadt to convincingly beat your teams 2nd driver in a challenge to get his seat... But that’s to hardcore for today’s games 

• Agree 1

Definitely to hardcore for the snowflakes off today . Would all complain it to much of a grind and it takes to long to get to s good team etc . I have that game still on my PS3 and sometimes go back to it and it had the old qualifying system to which makes a nice change. Always remember people complaining that RDR2 had to much horse riding in it like *** ...... Clearly a generation thing as I love games were you have to work from the bottom and takes time to get good etc .... Even look more recent Moto gp games are a route to follow they have Moto E , Red bull rookies, Moto 3 , Moto 2, and Moto GP categories, winter testing, miles better customazition, actually have to work and do well to get a contract etc ... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
29 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Even look more recent Moto gp games are a route to follow they have Moto E , Red bull rookies, Moto 3 , Moto 2, and Moto GP categories, winter testing, miles better customazition, actually have to work and do well to get a contract etc ... 

I think if all those years ago I had picked up a Motorbike game instead of a car game I'd be having a much better time right now :classic_laugh:

As it is I find it so unnatural to play it negates all the excellent parts of the game, I keep trying with it though. No matter how much I meet the tarmac. 

Moto GP and ride games are very unforgiving but they are very rewarding when you get it .I'm currently up to a endurance race at kylami on ride 4 which means through the night which should be fun lol after that same thing at Algarve so yes seriously challenging. And Moto GP is just as brutal especially when you go up to the fast bikes . And some great tracks on the calendar to .. 

• Agree 1

Never got into bikes.  Which is odd as I love speed had a few fast Audi’s over the years...  I totally get having the power between your legs...  But I think everyone I know who rides has at some point had a big off... Not to mention if I got a bike while mum was alive she’d would have broke my legs.

The whole point behind being able to access everything in games these days is basically someone somewhere made the argument... I should be able to play any part off the game I want when I want without restriction. I’ve payed £50 for a game and as I own the game.  If I buy I book I don’t have to read every page before I’m allowed to read the last blah blah.... 

f1 championship edition was first game I got on ps3,  f1 2021 funny enough first game I got on ps5,

alittle while back it dawned on me I’d only ever played the first modern warfare multiplayer.  So I thought I’d complete the campaign. I’m so used to games these days having checkpoints when ever you move a few virtual feet.  I got a shock when I got killed just how far back in the level I hadt to go..  And that’s a relatively modern game.. but when I think back to games like double dragon..... what you only get 3 lives? To complete all off it?  Lol good ole days.

i don’t mind being able to change difficulty and having infinite lives... but you should still have the option to do it old school.. and once you choose it no decreasing difficulty mid way through. 

I like you got commentary on f1 ce and you’d hear Schumacher is starting to push etc and I also liked you could watch replays where you could either follow a specific car or select one off the tv broadcast cameras at a specific corner 

Had a drink so please forgive my jumbled up post.  

Edited by ScaredDuck