Jump to content Jump to content

Support for older consoles

In recent days, I have read this information, I do not remember where, but it was probably a rumor. I just remembered to check it out. And the best on a dedicated forum.
I played the F1 2021 demo, and I like the game, but never bought a new version every year. I still play F1 2018. The changes in 2021 are very significant compared to 2018.

As I am not buying a PS5, I would like to buy the last version of F1 on PS4 to be released.

Thanks for the answers. Time will tell. For now, I will refrain from buying.

1 minute ago, eMc0B said:

In recent days, I have read this information, I do not remember where, but it was probably a rumor. I just remembered to check it out. And the best on a dedicated forum.
I played the F1 2021 demo, and I like the game, but never bought a new version every year. I still play F1 2018. The changes in 2021 are very significant compared to 2018.

As I am not buying a PS5, I would like to buy the last version of F1 on PS4 to be released.

Thanks for the answers. Time will tell. For now, I will refrain from buying.

F1 2020 may be a better game for you to buy actually. F1 2021 is not without its issues right now, and you won't get the benefits of the PS5 version of 2021. Plus 2020 will be cheaper.

• Agree 1

What are these benefits?

I also played the F1 2020 demo, but in 2021, for example, you can set the HUD freely. As in Project CARS 1 and 2, where HUD elements could be freely moved, turned on and off. I generally like a graphic design, very similar to what we know from television broadcasts. The development of the game went in the right direction.
I would not like to go back to older versions.

2020 is the peak of the series on Ps4 and you can move the HUD around as well. 

2021 has a nice HUD redesign but it's up to you how much difference that makes, it's lacking other areas. The handling and physics model is more challenging. It's lacking graphical details present in 2020. I don't think it's a big jump tbh. 

We know WWE 2K22 will be out for Ps4 in March next year, which is a game rebuilt from the ground up, so we know 2K at least has decided there's still sufficient market for it and I believe we'll see F1 2022 as well. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, eMc0B said:

What are these benefits?

On PS5 there is 120 Hz mode with suitable TVs, and the loading times are much faster. If you're comparing to a base PS4 then there graphics resolution will be higher too. But if you're not getting a PS5 I'm not sure why you're asking?

25 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

But if you're not getting a PS5 I'm not sure why you're asking?

I thought you were talking about special DLC, not the computing power benefit :classic_rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

2020 is the peak of the series on Ps4 and you can move the HUD around as well. 

Oh! I didn't notice it while playing the demo. I didn't see these options, maybe because I wasn't expecting them :).

So you both say 2020 is better than 2021?

1 hour ago, eMc0B said:

I played 2020 on a base PS4 very happily. With 2021 there seem to be more people unhappy with the graphics, online multiplayer is still hopelessly slow 2 months after launch, and if it matters to you also lacks any classic cars. 

Two significant elements present in the 2021 game but not 2020 are two-player career and Braking Point.

1 hour ago, eMc0B said:

2020 is far and away the more complete and polished game at this present time. 

will 2021 get to that point after it's cycle of patches etc.? is up for debate, if you follow the forum, it's hotly debated on a near daily basis.

It's up to you based on available info at the end of the day, I still jump on 2020 if that tells you anything, and I still enjoy it.

Both will be on sale over the coming months, it may be you can try each and see which you prefer for a long term career save or whatever it is you're interested in.   

I'm sure disc copies of F1 2020 won't cost that much on eBay. I'll be selling mine when they have a decent fees offer. 

Next week there's likely to be one of the three additional tracks added to F1 2021 (Portimao), and Imola and Jeddah will come at some point too. Being particularly interested in any of these is probably the biggest appeal for the current game

5 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm sure disc copies of F1 2020 won't cost that much on eBay. I'll be selling mine when they have a decent fees offer. 

Next week there's likely to be one of the three additional tracks added to F1 2021 (Portimao), and Imola and Jeddah will come at some point too. Being particularly interested in any of these is probably the biggest appeal for the current game

Why would you sell 2020 , I have 2010 and every year through to 2015 on both PS3 and Xbox 360 with Logitech DFpro and 360 and Fanatec wireless wheels to suit the differing consoles   then all years2015 through to 2021 on PS4 , I thought you were a serious man. Selling is not even an option. You can't be serious surely.

4 hours ago, Exasperated said:

Why would you sell 2020 , I have 2010 and every year through to 2015 on both PS3 and Xbox 360 with Logitech DFpro and 360 and Fanatec wireless wheels to suit the differing consoles   then all years2015 through to 2021 on PS4 , I thought you were a serious man. Selling is not even an option. You can't be serious surely.

Well, I have two options:

1. I keep a game I'm never going to play again, taking up space for no benefit.
  2. I sell it to recoup some of the purchase cost, and enable somebody else to enjoy playing the game at a low cost.

I pick the second :classic_smile:. I've previously owned F1 2015 and 2017 but not longer do. I'm yet to miss either of them...

16 hours ago, eMc0B said:

Is F1 2021 the last game in this series for the old generation of consoles (specifically for PS 4)?

I surprise it will come down to how many  gamers own the new consoles . It's not like you can just pop to the shop and buy one . Or just order one offline . As the are still in short supply . I think it will be another year or 2 . Before  the switch .

13 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Well, I have two options:

1. I keep a game I'm never going to play again, taking up space for no benefit.
  2. I sell it to recoup some of the purchase cost, and enable somebody else to enjoy playing the game at a low cost.

I pick the second :classic_smile:. I've previously owned F1 2015 and 2017 but not longer do. I'm yet to miss either of them...

Shocking  behaviour, I'm in the process of talks with the minister for games  Sir  Dord Wisbey  in order that it be made mandatory for lifetime ownership of all F1 titles once purchased under the 'stoppage of frivolous acts' of 1955

Don't think you can get away with this flagrant breach of basic decency , the community will remember this and in the times of Napoleon would say that you never truly loved the Emperor......... La !

• Haha 1