Jump to content Jump to content

Patch 1.10 | Notes | Welcome to Portugal

@BarryBL  Is there an ETA on the Keyboard support being re added to Xbox. It's been 7 weeks since I was able to use all the buttons on my wheel to control the game as it uses the keyboard protocol. Maybe will have to consider refund 

Edited by TomAAA

Now I know when I'll finally pull the trigger and buy the game.

I was expecting less from this trailer, to be honest. To get confirmed release months for all tracks, F2 2021, livery updates and all that other stuff blew my mind.

Also, to get all that stuff so soon is amazing. Making a track like Jeddah is a huge undertaking and it's already that far along? I hope Codies haven't been crunching like crazy to get all this content made but I'm very excited. 

Kudos to everyone at Codemasters for getting this post-launch content made as fast as possible. 

Ps. It was refreshing to see actual work-in-progress footage instead of the usual "this stuff only needs a quick polish but we'll have to slap the WIP text on it anyway" pics and videos.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

The performance of the cars has been updated so that they are now much more reflective of what is happening on track right now. As a result of this, we’ll be wiping the F1® Time Trial leaderboards.

Additionally, we have made some minor tweaks to the handling model to remove an unrealistic element with low-speed cornering, which will be coming into the game as soon as the AI retraining has been completed.

ETA of the Retraining? I mean i dont need to drive on portimao when i get random oversteer in middle/fast corners! All updates will be useless until the handling model is not changed ... pls codies dont try to tell us there will be a huge update and than dont bring the handling update because the handling model must be the big update not than i can now spin off the road on an diffrent track! Pls dont take it personal ... i am just frustrated that i can not fully enjoy the game! Thanks ❤️ Love ya all!

• Agree 2

Great one more circuit in which my T300 will still not work because the developers continue to "evaluate" the problem since the game came out. 

I guess at this point the beta never served any purpose or gave that benefit to mediocre people who didn't deserve it. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Addressed an issue when adjusting HDR peak nit, it would not show a change on the images

I see that it looks like the max value on the slider is now fixed. I'm able to set HDR to on/off/auto, and change the slider values for peak nit. But how do I get to the calibration images?

I only saw it once during setup of the game, back when this was still an issue. I've searched in Settings -> Graphics, both in the main menu and during time trial. The only available things are peak nit slider and HDR off/on/auto. There's no option to show the calibration image.

Edited by sgx91

Thanks for the new patch. Everything works ok again now. A new circuit added, so a new setup. Mine is now at the bottom of my other setups. But is there also a possibility to move it to, for example, to the 2nd place. I play on PC with Steam.

Edited by Sabbeke
8 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The performance of the cars has been updated so that they are now much more reflective of what is happening on track right now. As a result of this, we’ll be wiping the F1® Time Trial leaderboards.

Additionally, we have made some minor tweaks to the handling model to remove an unrealistic element with low-speed cornering, which will be coming into the game as soon as the AI retraining has been completed.

May I ask what this unrealistic element with low speed cornering is? Also how will the retraining change the AI?

I'm probably going to get laughed at for being unobservent here...

When setting up a race in GP mode I've spotted we can now move between the different sub-menus using the gear shift buttons - is this a change with this patch or was it a while ago? 

• Haha 1

An issue that I’m having with the Portimao update on PS4 is the game seems to randomly drop FPS when going through turn 5. The frame rate will drop roughly 50 metres before the corner and return to normal just as I’m straightening up on the exit. It doesn’t happen every time that I go through, but probably 1 in every 2 laps. 
Report Code: MVBM-AGMJ-DXEK-PEKJ

2 hours ago, niblips said:

Does the FFB drop effect all Thrustmaster wheels? 

No. It doesn't even affect all wheels of the same type - some players have issues and others don't using apparently identical hardware. 

BarryBL posted this update today:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, niblips said:

Does the FFB drop effect all Thrustmaster wheels? I'm running a TMX on the xbox and have this FFB drop 2-3 times a race (full distance). I have a friend who runs the Thrustmaster TX and hasn't reported the FFB drop issue. Why would this be?

Not all. I've been barely effected, but can replicate. If my wheel does not calibrate twice from a cold boot of the PC, the wheel mode is misdetected and it shows a load of rims I don't have (I have the F1 rim). If I change the wheel mode and restart, it's remembered until the above happens.

If I play the game when it's misdetected I get a different control schema and it won't reset by unplugging, hot plugging, etc. I change the driver mode and restart the PC, that's the only fix. One time it would not "take" until I removed / reinstalled the 2021_TTRS_2 driver pack. It used to randomly and occasionally go off in MP but not since 2021_TTRS_3 have I observed this (play time has decreased dramatically though, so it's probably not a reliable metric).

• Agree 1