Jump to content Jump to content

comparison 'before' VS 'after' patch performance (1.10)

Already out off date clearly mclaren are by far the best team....  only team to finish one two this season...  

and I hear you say that’s only because max and Lewis crashed.... into each other AGAIN.     Remember Schumachers last couple off seasons when he in decline. Kept crashing into anyone he when wheel to wheel with..  Lewis is still awesome but he’s no longer a god... and max needs to be more lando. Max wants  to be world champion but he’s judgement is clouded by his desperation  to always outrace Lewis.  

Btw huge lando fan and orange is my favourite colour.  So my opinion may be a little biased  

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

Does the new car Performances change the order in an already started career? We have a Ferrari coop career because we liked the challenge to climb up to the top. May the update give us a boost now ?

As far as I know you may apply the changes to an existing save by accepting it in your 'message box' inside the game.

Regards,
Nuv

EDIT: thanks to other user clarification below it looks otherwise

Edited by Nuvolarix
  • Disagree 1
37 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

Does the new car Performances change the order in an already started career? We have a Ferrari coop career because we liked the challenge to climb up to the top. May the update give us a boost now ?

Yes, they apply for all career saves without even having to accept them like it is with the driver stat updates. So it definitely affects existing save files

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Just now, AllenB2609 said:

Yes, they apply for all career saves without even having to accept them like it is with the driver stat updates. So it definitely affects existing save files

Thank you for the clarification ☺️

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

Hi there,
I share these two pictures in case they may be useful to someone ☺️

'before'

original.thumb.jpg.e678b21a30b6f7df68b73e07de6ce2ac.jpg

'after'

1350872401_patch1_10.thumb.jpg.0bedc25f43289e0eae21b8068ba81509.jpg

Regards,
Nuv

What's interesting here is that the Red Bull 'after' looks very similar to the Mercedes 'before' in the graphic, but according to the Time Trial laptimes the cars are already one second slower more or less (depending on track), so I assume that the "slowdown" of the cars is hidden somewhere else... Not tested in the track yet, neither in TT nor in other mode.

And other funny stuff is that I'm going to change my GP mode driver, from the usual Bottas to Perez ☺️, just to explain I like to run the fastest/multiplayer car, to check my true AI level, make comparision with leagues around etc., but at the same time I like to challenge the top drivers like Hamilton and Verstappen, so I'm forced to get 'the fastest teammate car' 😄

Edited by Nuvolarix
  • Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Nuvolarix said:

What's interesting here is that the Red Bull 'after' looks very similar to the Mercedes 'before' in the graphic, but according to the Time Trial laptimes the cars are already one second slower more or less (depending on track), so I assume that the "slowdown" of the cars is hidden somewhere else... Not tested in the track yet, neither in TT nor in other mode.

And other funny stuff is that I'm going to change my GP mode driver, from the usual Bottas to Perez ☺️, just to explain I like to run the fastest/multiplayer car, to check my true AI level, make comparision with leagues around etc., but at the same time I like to challenge the top drivers like Hamilton and Verstappen, so I'm forced to get 'the fastest teammate car' 😄

Look at where the Mercedes bar is on the before screen in the name of Merc - between the F and 1. In the after, both Merc and RBs are ending before F1 in that same name (just after the s in Mercedes). There's your slow down.

Edited by martbloke
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Look at where the bar is on the before screen in the name of Merc - between the F and 1. In the after, both are ending before F1 in that same name. There's your slow down.

Hmm... Didn't notice, thank you!
I double checked my pictures (same resolution etc.) and I found that the bold font is shorter (Mercedes in the first picture, Red Bull in the second one), that's why it looks different, but in reality the whole bars are the exact same length, and therefore the different speed continues to be looked for elsewhere.

To be more understandable here are the pictures in which I make the direct comparison (in the same image):

NOTE: if you look at the 'logo', it is mixed but perfectly aligned

(1) Mercedes only (the bold/colored one is taken from the 'before' picture, the other from 'after' one), as a result the 'before' bar is slightly longer even if the bold lettering is shorter:

Image2.thumb.jpg.2261f3b69a0f595b90ab3b72501e172a.jpg

(2) Red Bull only (this time the bold/colored one is taken from the 'after' picture, the other from 'before' one), as a result the 'after' bar is longer even if the bold lettering is shorter:

Image1.thumb.jpg.b7b440a5977cfeea58120608dca15210.jpg

To make less confusion I should have always highlighted the same team when I made the screenshots, instead it was always selected the first, the fastest, which changed between 'before' and 'after'. A little twisted...

Regards,
Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix
  • Thanks 2

ferrari better than mclaren? huahuahauhaua

ferrari only scored more constructors points (before yesterday) because on belgium norris don´t scored points (crashed in qualify, but made p1 in q1 and q2) and bottas crashed on him in hungary

1 hour ago, squalles said:

ferrari only scored more constructors points (before yesterday) because on belgium norris don´t scored points (crashed in qualify, but made p1 in q1 and q2) and bottas crashed on him in hungary

It seems that Ferrari is just in top because of better durability and the chassis. In case of aerodynamic and engine mclaren is way better and that's what makes lap times.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thats actually the first time since 2019, that I regard the team performance implementation into the game as somewhat "realistic". The only points that would need slight adjustment are:

1. Alpine is rated way too low and should be (just) above Alpha Tauri, both before Aston Martin
  2. A minor point being, that McLaren should just have the edge over Ferrari for the moment, ever so slightly
  3. And Williams are not below Sauber any more, look at the points table please (22 versus 3 championship points)

That would be a perfect fit then. Please for the next patch, Codies?

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 3

Weird in my first new save Alpine are ranked 5th and their power unit is ahead of the Honda and Ferrari powered cars whereas my second new file they're ranked as shown in this thread. 

The only change I agree should be Williams being slightly faster, at least equal with Alfa while both teams should be closer to Alpha/Aston/Alpine. Though I think the biggest change really needs to come from Russell. His stats are too low. If his stats were similar to Norris (as they should be) he should be able to get q2 with the new Williams buff.

4 hours ago, squalles said:

didn't leclerc crashed in monaco and hungary too? that were easy 50 points, the aerodynamic is much better on ferrari, the mclaren only have the advantage of mercedes engine

In career mode I set a PB right off the bat at Canada in a Red Bull. This was surprising as I have no brake updates or power except for those that are supplied. The handling has changed ALOT for the better as the car seems to stick more.

8 hours ago, michele1131 said:

didn't leclerc crashed in monaco and hungary too? that were easy 50 points, the aerodynamic is much better on ferrari, the mclaren only have the advantage of mercedes engine

I think the good perfomances there were based on the good chassis of ferrari. They are strong in short corners, like Spain S3 and Monaco. Thats why Codemasters gave Ferrari a big push in case of chassis performance. In my opinion Ferrari and McLaren are so close to each other in the performance chart, its really okay. Both cars have advantages und disadvantages. Overall, they are on the same level. I think it is good balanced in the game now. 

50 minutes ago, RemWal1996 said:

When you do a grand prix without qualifying, the starting grid is still based on the old performances. For example, Perez on pole, Bottas 2nd, Max and Lewis 3 and 4, Ricciardo and Norris 11 and 14, Schumacher and Mazepin 15 and 16.

Same with F1 2020, Codemasters just tend to "forget" doing the GP grids but there are worse things..

1 hour ago, DonBlanko said:

I think the good perfomances there were based on the good chassis of ferrari. They are strong in short corners, like Spain S3 and Monaco. Thats why Codemasters gave Ferrari a big push in case of chassis performance. In my opinion Ferrari and McLaren are so close to each other in the performance chart, its really okay. Both cars have advantages und disadvantages. Overall, they are on the same level. I think it is good balanced in the game now. 

Yes indeed, altho the drag of some teams is still wrong which leads to some wrong results.. Im working on a corrected performance for all cars, only Monza left but yes overall its much better than before.. Ill try reaching out to Codemasters with my version to have it implemented in the game but otherwise ill offer it to whoever wants haha

• Thanks 1

I’ve done a few races in Grand Prix mode now, but the AI performance still isn’t very representative. Aston Martin has been nerfed down way too much. They always qualify 13th and 14th, a few tenths behind the top ten even, so will never qualify in the top ten. Also, Perez has been upgraded too much. He’s too close to Bottas in qualifying and always qualifies 3rd or 4th.

It’s a bit boring now. Every qualifying session is the same with Mercedes, Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari and Gasly always in the top ten. The last top ten spot is Alonso, Ocon or Tsunoda.