Jump to content Jump to content

Portimao: Well done, Codemasters!

9 minutes ago, GeoffR86 said:

Would be gutted not to have it in next year's game

There is sooo much work going into these circuits - its a waste to ditch them for upcoming iterations anyway. Devs should find a way for players to "keep" circuits which they have payed for earlier in some kind of collection, and keep them in the game to drive them with F2, historic cars, myteam mode, whatever.

• Agree 3

I’ve always enjoyed this track on other games so was excited to see how it would be in the F1 game. For the most part it’s great, but what the hell is going on with turn 8??? Ridiculously unrealistic sudden oversteer every lap no matter what line you take or how slow you go... Losing 3 tenths a lap to the AI in one corner.

Edited by Luke1991

Really enjoying the track as well. Only been able to run 30 laps in Time Trail so far, and never driven the track before. But I like the flow, just got to get used to it.

This was the fastest of my very sloppy 30 laps though -

7 minutes ago, Luke1991 said:

I’ve always enjoyed this track on other games so was excited to see how it would be in the F1 game. For the most part it’s great, but what the hell is going on with turn 8??? Ridiculously unrealistic sudden oversteer every lap no matter what line you take or how slow you go... Losing 3 tenths a lap to the AI in one corner.

Could it be your setup or driving style not meshing well with that particular corner???

@PJTierney @BarryBL Just curious, but what should I do about this? Happens on the regular when I try to upload F1 game footage.
868146684_F1gameclaimed.thumb.png.b674f0adad2cde3c3f7709f01f5f63d0.png

Edited by Ialyrn

Just finished my first race and gotta say it’s the kinda off track I love... struggle at first but once field spread out I soon found it’s rhythm and even with the elevation changes it all flows nicely. Esp like last corner onto straight even if my tyres were screaming 

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Luke1991 said:

You crest a hill on the exit of Turn 8, if I'm not mistaken. When doing so the weight is shifting quite a lot and unloading the rear. Depending on your rear wing setup and throttle application you're bound to have the back sidestep in there. I need to ease off the throttle as I get to the top and keep my eyes on the steering to not have issues compounding one over the other as the rear unloads.

Not saying the game is correct or that you're doing something wrong. Maybe by the parameters you're running (setup + driving) you did indeed find a spot where the game simulation falls short, but in the 8-10 laps I did quickly today I did not find any funny business going on.

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, marioho said:

You crest a hill on the exit of Turn 8, if I'm not mistaken. When doing so the weight is shifting quite a lot and unloading the rear. Depending on your rear wing setup and throttle application you're bound to have the back sidestep in there. I need to ease off the throttle as I get to the top and keep my eyes on the steering to not have issues compounding one over the other as the rear unloads.

Not saying the game is correct or that you're doing something wrong. Maybe by the parameters you're running (setup + driving) you did indeed find a spot where the game simulation falls short, but in the 8-10 laps I did quickly today I did not find any funny business going on.

Your obviously right.  I paused the game and increased throttle linearity up to 80 after a few laps.  Which helped balance my heavy trigger finger 

@ScaredDuck your heavy trigger finger needs no balancing and are well suited for the services you provide the Queen, Mr. Bond.

On a more serious note, people should really base their setups off the default ones instead of the current Youtube meta, in my opinion. The "less is faster" mentality will not mesh well with a track like Portimão.

• Agree 2
50 minutes ago, marioho said:

@ScaredDuck your heavy trigger finger needs no balancing and are well suited for the services you provide the Queen, Mr. Bond.

On a more serious note, people should really base their setups off the default ones instead of the current Youtube meta, in my opinion. The "less is faster" mentality will not mesh well with a track like Portimão.

With racingsimsetups.com.  It’s his suspension settings that I cannot workout they shouldn’t work.  But esp during the whole curbgate saga... stiffness  2 front 5 rear and similar rollbar settings.  They not only worked they attacked curbs and took damn right liberties.   I understand how mechanical grip works.  And back in the days small front wing and huge rear wing.   Stiff rear suspension and rollbars helped rotate the car..  it’s witchcraft 

and i find myself using the stiffness settings.. however rollbars i prefer front being stiff.  As you know like my front erratic 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Compliments:

- Looks incredible

- Feels incredible

- Drives incredible

- it's an absolute blast.  What a fantastic circuit.  No wonder drivers seem to love it.

- driving it in cockpit mode is just an incredible treat, although it may strike some fear in you over some of those blind crests/turns

Complaints:

- My team is very upset with me as I now have a rather large repair bill after my first few laps because I was lost.   Jerks!! 🤣

Seriously though, well done guys.  Couple this with the Xbox crashing patch (which so far so good!) and this is just fantastic.  What a great job, and great addition.

Edited by petro1319
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, marioho said:

@petro1319 you were one of the unlucky bunch that got the Xbox crashing hard bug going on, right? Mate, so glad you're getting to enjoy the game! Seriously, that brought a smile to my face!

Hoping things keep on strong for you over there.

Yes sir.  So far so good.  Feels good to be back in the cockpit for several hours straight.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Was finally able to try it out and wow, never raced this circuit before and it’s amazing and so fun to drive. 

Tried about 20 laps with the racing line before turning it off and man, it’s going to take me a while to learn. In cockpit it’s even hard to see the racing line on some of the undulating corners. Very hard (for me anyway) but super fun and has a little roller coaster feel to it.

Great job CM. Such an awesome track. Cheers 

38 minutes ago, DylanWest2004 said:

Man i hope we get portimao and imola as bonus tracks if they are not on the calendar next year, it’d be a shame to loose them after they have just been made

I second this!   Can not stress this enough Codies!!!  More tracks the better!  If licensing issues prevent them from being used in the career modes that's fine by me if they're just in the game for time trial, online, or single player/split screen grand prix modes.  More variety the better; and it helps increase the replay value

• Agree 1

Well done Codemasters!
It was pure joy to ride the portugiese rollercoaster. Though I still got major traction issues in turn 8 it's still an awesome track to drive. I hope it's possible to keep such tracks within the game in the future. Please do your best to at least try it. 😀

• Social Media & Community Team
12 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

@PJTierney @BarryBL Just curious, but what should I do about this? Happens on the regular when I try to upload F1 game footage.
868146684_F1gameclaimed.thumb.png.b674f0adad2cde3c3f7709f01f5f63d0.png

That's more an issue with Formula 1 (the sport) than it is the game, as YouTube ContentID thinks you're uploading real race footage.

Doesn't hurt to send into to https://www.codemasters.com/support/ regardless though, becuase if it's happening to a few people we might be able to flag it with FOM.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

That's more an issue with Formula 1 (the sport) than it is the game, as YouTube ContentID thinks you're uploading real race footage.

Doesn't hurt to send into to https://www.codemasters.com/support/ regardless though, becuase if it's happening to a few people we might be able to flag it with FOM.

Its been resolved now, but happens nearly every time i upload any f1 game footage. Just annoying to deal with 😅

• Like 1

the circuit itself is nice enough but the understeer of the cars is embarrassing. on 50 laps 5 clean but very slow.
give yourself a rule that giving gifts to shut up people are all good.
make this game as it should be of the right rule and not a ********.

• Disagree 3
8 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

the circuit itself is nice enough but the understeer of the cars is embarrassing. on 50 laps 5 clean but very slow.

I'd politely suggest you look at your driving and/or setup rather than jumping to criticise the game. Most people seem to not have your issue...

• Agree 3